The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What do you think should be addressed in the next iteration of the Grenadier?

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
As mentioned, a cold weather package would be highly appreciated— heated steering wheel, heated windscreen. Where I live it’s more necessity than luxury when it’s -30C out.

Also, more storage. I know there will be aftermarket solutions (similar to what Daystar makes in the US) but I’d appreciate well thought out solutions from the factory.

I wouldn't mind a Cold Weather pack, but the only thing I'd want to add is a block heater and battery blanket that are both connected to the same single plug (i.e. I plug my car in once, and everything that needs a bit of "helper" heat gets it). As an aside, this is a way cheaper and more "bush proof" option than a heated windscreen:

Works like a charm all the way down to 40 below and you can spray liberally for a long time given the typical price of a single heated windscreen replacement.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
I'm very much against a heated windscreen -- I want to be able to drop $100 at a glass shop and have them cut the right kind of glass into a simple square and glue it in.
Although it looks flat, I think the Grenadier windscreen has a curve towards both side edges. I'm guessing there's a functional design requirement for this, as I like your idea. Is that really possible in Canada?

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Great suggestions in here, and some that make me nervous, but honestly the difference between these suggestions being an amazing feature and being an annoying liability is the way they are designed to be implemented.

I love the idea of keyless entry but folks are quite right about the security issue. Far better to go aftermarket for those systems - the range is longer, the security is better, and by design they are easier to bypass in the event of an error (it's usually far easier to remove an aftermarket part than it is to remove an OEM system, not that OEM keyless entry systems go wrong that often, but the point stands)

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Although it looks flat, I think the Grenadier windscreen has a curve towards both side edges. I'm guessing there's a functional design requirement for this, as I like your idea. Is that really possible in Canada?

In Canada, anything is possible with the right brand of beer on the backseat and a friendly demeanor!

Jokes aside -- yeah. In a sticky spot, you're honestly never far away from a Speedy Glass type option (5-6 hour drive probably), but those companies would likely not be cutting anything as they'd just pull whatever is in stock. There are smaller-scale glass businesses, but these are not as common as they used to be in rural areas. In a pinch though, if it's reasonably rectangular and flat, a guy can do a lot with a jigsaw and some lexan to make the journey to the nearest bigger centre. I've had to do that before and managed it on a side window, but the only reason it was easy to do was because everything was flat, not curved. If it's curved, this gets to be a lot harder and so I had hoped the Gren would be flat but that info about it being curved is new to me and a bit disappointing (though I'm grateful for the info of course!)

Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
I wouldn't be that upset with a heated steering wheel, though!
that's a great feauture in New England where it's cold, cold, cold for 4 months of the year. I have a heated steering wheel on my current LR, and suspects something like that is available in the aftermarket if they dont' come from the factory.

Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
I haven't been in one. but not having arm rests is a huge miss. it's a feature everyone will surely miss.

I will admit, I'm not big into everything being run by electronics. but I there are a few new car things that I really liked and didn't think that I would. starting off in a cold vehicle the heated seats are worth the nominal price increase if you live where there's a colder climate. I will also admit I like the push button start as well. I remember lol'ing at that only a few years ago

I saw a few comments about paddle shifters. I never understood those stupid things. are these for people that want to shift but can't drive standard trannie. I had these on an earlier rr and they were always getting in the way of my hands. I hated them.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
The simpler stuff:
- definitely 12v power on the dash somewhere
- more 12v in the rear space at least one either side.
- nicer plastics on the interior
- sealed snorkel instead of RAI
- option of combined slider/step
- 33” tyre from factory.
- flappy paddle manual gear shift
- dual zone aircon
- adjustable rake on rear seat
- rear seat tumbles forward instead of folds down to give flat floor. With facility to move half height cargo barrier to that forward position
- option of full DC/DC dual battery system with lithium capacity and solar input.
- blind for safari window
- proper diff breathers
- for Australia, 7 pin trailer plug instead of 13, preferably flat but round ok.
- bigger capacity centre cubby box
- cup holders in the rear seat

A bit more complex or niche:
- steering damper relocated
- larger fuel tank or auxiliary tank
- 7 pin trailer plug instead of 13, preferably flat but round ok.
- pre wired UHF antenna cable to front
- option of lightbar on roo bar instead of roof
- the hump (will probably need to wait for full platform redesign not just model refresh.)
- A factory 35” tyre option

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The simpler stuff:
- definitely 12v power on the dash somewhere
- more 12v in the rear space at least one either side.
- nicer plastics on the interior
- sealed snorkel instead of RAI
- option of combined slider/step
- 33” tyre from factory.
- flappy paddle manual gear shift
- dual zone aircon
- adjustable rake on rear seat
- rear seat tumbles forward instead of folds down to give flat floor. With facility to move half height cargo barrier to that forward position
- option of full DC/DC dual battery system with lithium capacity and solar input.
- blind for safari window
- proper diff breathers
- for Australia, 7 pin trailer plug instead of 13, preferably flat but round ok.
- bigger capacity centre cubby box
- cup holders in the rear seat

A bit more complex or niche:
- steering damper relocated
- larger fuel tank or auxiliary tank
- 7 pin trailer plug instead of 13, preferably flat but round ok.
- pre wired UHF antenna cable to front
- option of lightbar on roo bar instead of roof
- the hump (will probably need to wait for full platform redesign not just model refresh.)
- A factory 35” tyre option
You’ve just put all of the aftermarket guys out of business. 😂😂

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't been in one. but not having arm rests is a huge miss. it's a feature everyone will surely miss.
I won’t miss, the flat wide window sill is perfect for the door side arm rest if you need one and the padded centre console is fine for the other arm if you need it. Never really been a fan of the captians chair style armrests, they get in the way and look wanky, the one car I had that had them I never actually folded it down to use it because it annoyed me and gor in the way of my elbow when driving.
I saw a few comments about paddle shifters. I never understood those stupid things. are these for people that want to shift but can't drive standard trannie. I had these on an earlier rr and they were always getting in the way of my hands. I hated them.
Have them on two of my current vehicles, one a sports car, one a four wheel drive. For the sports car it’s really just for play, it also has an 8speed ZF box and the flappy paddles make it make nice noises but the auto makes faster changes than you can if you leave it alone. The 4x4 is another matter, I never touch the paddles in town or on the highway, but offroad in sand and mud etc they are great because the auto doesn’t always make the best choices and its handy to be able to keep both hands on the wheel and eyes on the track rather than finding the shifter and taking your hand off the wheel. I have never found them to get in the way of my hands ever.

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You’ve just put all of the aftermarket guys out of business. 😂😂
🤣 if that were true, then I’m fine with that, but still plenty of scope for roof racks, side carriers and molle panels and even different bullbars and winches etc. I’m sure they will still find ways to extract our cash.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
First the rear seat back folds down onto seat base, then the whole seat folds (tumbles) forward, against the back of the front seats.
I don't have a pic to hand but this is how the Discovery 1/2 rear seats fold. Gives a flat floor at the expense of slightly less floor length from the rear door.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think we should gather our insights for improvements here. If INEOS is reading along here, they will get some feedback that way.

Although I don't have my Grenadier yet, I do have some points in mind after we inspected ours.
  • Rear doors: offer a configurator option to choose whether the larger door should be on the left or right side.
  • Interior: use materials that don't feel so much like plastic.
  • Interior: Make the interior trim fit better.
  • Interior: add a handle on the A-pillar on the driver's side, similar to the one on the passenger side. This handle should be optional in the configuration.
  • Front area: more storage space, larger glove box.
  • Driver display: integrate speedometer - a small speedometer would suffice.
  • Windshield wipers: change geometry for adequate wiping area. Currently reminds me of the 2CV I had 45 years ago.
  • Steering wheel: wider range of adjustment up/down/out. It's currently a bit small - at least on the down and out side.
  • Interior: an elbow rest on each side, i.e., at the door and in the center. Leaning the outer elbow high on the door frame gets tiring on longer trips and is bad for the shoulder. And the inner arm on the other side has nowhere a rest (tested when we visited the car).
  • RHD footwell (not for me, but I'm sure that will come up here).

Your turn.
A customer service department.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
First the rear seat back folds down onto seat base, then the whole seat folds (tumbles) forward, against the back of the front seats.
I don't have a pic to hand but this is how the Discovery 1/2 rear seats fold. Gives a flat floor at the expense of slightly less floor length from the rear door.
Thanks ~ got it now. 👍

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The rubber pads on the top of the dash and in front of the gear and h/l selector are not “grippy” enough and need a slightly more rubbery composition. For example if you put a phone or glasses on them, they fly off quite easily when you go round a corner.

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpeg
    IMG_0910.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0911.jpeg
    IMG_0911.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 31

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The rubber pads on the top of the dash and in front of the gear and h/l selector are not “grippy” enough and need a slightly more rubbery composition. For example if you put a phone or glasses on them, they fly off quite easily when you go round a corner.
Dash stuff also flies into your face if you get hit by an heavier car! If the airbag doesn't get you first.
I never put loose stuff on the dash. One might be tempted to grab something precious sliding around when cornering or on a steep incline.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I won’t miss, the flat wide window sill is perfect for the door side arm rest if you need one and the padded centre console is fine for the other arm if you need it. Never really been a fan of the captians chair style armrests, they get in the way and look wanky, the one car I had that had them I never actually folded it down to use it because it annoyed me and gor in the way of my elbow when driving.

Have them on two of my current vehicles, one a sports car, one a four wheel drive. For the sports car it’s really just for play, it also has an 8speed ZF box and the flappy paddles make it make nice noises but the auto makes faster changes than you can if you leave it alone. The 4x4 is another matter, I never touch the paddles in town or on the highway, but offroad in sand and mud etc they are great because the auto doesn’t always make the best choices and its handy to be able to keep both hands on the wheel and eyes on the track rather than finding the shifter and taking your hand off the wheel. I have never found them to get in the way of my hands ever.
exactly that. and +1 on the your list beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom