The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What do you think should be addressed in the next iteration of the Grenadier?

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
As has been mentioned:
- more lighter colors
- better soft touch interior materials
- more analog gauges (speedo/tach)
- improved interior storage.

Maybe a new one?
- a real (selectable) neutral on the transfer case for towing flexibility.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
I see what look you're going for there:
IMG_20230508_085600.jpg

Reactions: PBD

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but has anybody had any experience with this type of thing?

I looked at a 3M windshield film for my old Jeep but decided the cost of the film was too big a proportion of the cost of a new screen, so I decided to skip it. But, with the price of a windscreen creeping up, I think I'll give it a try on my next vehicle -- I find that after any reasonable amount of gravel travel my windscreen will have a "sandblasted" effect in direct sunlight, which this stuff would prevent. My big question is how good the film is at preventing big rock chips, but I'm willing to put some dollars down to find out.

If I wasn't so darn cheap, I'd be replacing windscreens at least annually on my vehicles because of stone chips turning into cracks -- I've got a good one there now that I've been saving for 3 years!! -- so the film might not only prevent some of those chips, but it would for sure ease up the sandblasting effect which may be well worth the spend.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
4:06 AM
Reaction score
I agree on:
- Interior: add a handle on the A-pillar on the driver's side, similar to the one on the passenger side. This handle should be optional in the configuration.
also

- not sure where the rear backup camera is located, but having the option to use that or a higher-mounted one to feed an electronic rear view screen so as to see past the spare tire and the ladder. In some cars I have driven the rear view display is behind the optical (mirror) rear view mirror and can be toggled between optical mirror or the display mirror
I am 100% behind a "real" eledtronic camera based rear view mirror in place of the reflective glass one. But I would also like to see a camera as a trailer hitch guide. I find this awesome in my brother-in-laws F250 when hooking up the boat trailer (I have seen some comments that the current camera does not work too well for this purpose (comments?).
Finally, In the space directly in front of the steering wheel, real analog speedometer and rev counter would be nice.....

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am 100% behind a "real" eledtronic camera based rear view mirror in place of the reflective glass one. But I would also like to see a camera as a trailer hitch guide. I find this awesome in my brother-in-laws F250 when hooking up the boat trailer (I have seen some comments that the current camera does not work too well for this purpose (comments?).
Finally, In the space directly in front of the steering wheel, real analog speedometer and rev counter would be nice.....
I can think of nothing less needed and directly in contrast to the design concept of the Grenadier, then an electric rearview mirror.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can think of nothing less needed and directly in contrast to the design concept of the Grenadier, then an electric rearview mirror.
Hi MileHigh, I have a 2020 Defender with the video rear mirror and at first it took a bit of time to get used to it. Having the large tire on the back of the Defender gives you a very restrictive view, just like the Grenadier will have. Once I got used to it, I loved it. Not only do I get a wider degree view than a regular mirror, it has saved me a couple times from drivers that were too close to me. I hope they add this feature to a future Grenadier as it supplements the back up camera and adds another smile to your driving experience and safety too. DaBull

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

This thing will, in my use case, render the mirror complete useless most of the time because the cargo area will be full of touring gear and making the most of that beautiful payload. A camera based mirror is quite handy.

And if it breaks, it’s unlikely to be tied into any critical systems (or shouldn’t be), so I see this as a place where modern innovations have their place.

I don’t think it should be standard though - an OEM option for folks like me who would find it useful would be a bit more “clean” than my current solution, which I got off Amazon for $100. This doubles as a rear and forward facing dashcam too, and to pull videos off I just pop out the SD card. This could be very important for the commercial operators whose insurance probably will start liking this more and more as dash cams continue to be more common.

But, it should be an option for use cases, and be as simple as can be — but having an OEM cable and housing for the camera would be a nice option.

To each their own, of course! But, my intent is to illustrate that this particular bit of “tech kit” isn’t necessarily just a whizz bang feature for the sake of it - it has some real utility in some cases.

Edit - I was outside and thought I’d snap my current truck setup.

Here’s the normal view out the back - as in, none - the cap blocks everything:

B042688C-36A1-4B8B-9776-5D9DE196C27F.jpeg

Here’s the camera though - HD and full colour so I can see what’s behind me at all times. Also has a front facing dash cam and a cam for inside the cab to catch the 3,000th rendition of my family singing “Wheels on the Bus” with my toddler (and I can’t wait till tomorrow where we’ll likely go for 3001 - 3015!

02BE48C6-A3A3-4F52-A5CF-F87C8954A00B.jpeg

Last edited:

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi MileHigh, I have a 2020 Defender with the video rear mirror and at first it took a bit of time to get used to it. Having the large tire on the back of the Defender gives you a very restrictive view, just like the Grenadier will have. Once I got used to it, I loved it. Not only do I get a wider degree view than a regular mirror, it has saved me a couple times from drivers that were too close to me. I hope they add this feature to a future Grenadier as it supplements the back up camera and adds another smile to your driving experience and safety too. DaBull
Damn you and your logic and reason!!!

Local time
6:06 PM
Reaction score
A Wagon built on the Ute chassis, giving a longer load space (not looking at third row seats: just a bigger load space behind the rear seats!
That’s exactly what I am waiting/hoping for. Coming from a large wagon like the Nissan Patrol, the boot is just a little bit too short.

Reactions: @nd

Regalz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
That’s exactly what I am waiting/hoping for. Coming from a large wagon like the Nissan Patrol, the boot is just a little bit too short.
I’m sure some of this has been covers before but:

1) flatten the folded rear seats
2) heads-up display
3) marginally better interior plastics, at least in line with Jeep Rubicon trim
4) abandon the BMW shifter

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
I’m quite fine with most of the interior (except BMW shifter, missing speedometer in front of driver e.g.) and exterior (except plastic front bumpers e.g.), it almost meets all the needs of an 4x4. But it’s too pricy IMO.:rolleyes:

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
I have read the entire thread and apart from seeing interesting proposals, I have also laughed at the sarcastic proposals that are raised, but there is one thing that nobody has raised and I do not quite understand why Ineos has not done it, and that is to put a damper steering with help to center the steering wheel, something of this type

amotiguador.jpeg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have read the entire thread and apart from seeing interesting proposals, I have also laughed at the sarcastic proposals that are raised, but there is one thing that nobody has raised and I do not quite understand why Ineos has not done it, and that is to put a damper steering with help to center the steering wheel, something of this type

View attachment 7814308
Hi Paco, that looks like a great idea. Be interested to seeing someone do it and post what product and installation instructions if any. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom