The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What do you think should be addressed in the next iteration of the Grenadier?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
I think we should gather our insights for improvements here. If INEOS is reading along here, they will get some feedback that way.

Although I don't have my Grenadier yet, I do have some points in mind after we inspected ours.
  • Rear doors: offer a configurator option to choose whether the larger door should be on the left or right side.
  • Interior: use materials that don't feel so much like plastic.
  • Interior: Make the interior trim fit better.
  • Interior: add a handle on the A-pillar on the driver's side, similar to the one on the passenger side. This handle should be optional in the configuration.
  • Front area: more storage space, larger glove box.
  • Driver display: integrate speedometer - a small speedometer would suffice.
  • Windshield wipers: change geometry for adequate wiping area. Currently reminds me of the 2CV I had 45 years ago.
  • Steering wheel: wider range of adjustment up/down/out. It's currently a bit small - at least on the down and out side.
  • Interior: an elbow rest on each side, i.e., at the door and in the center. Leaning the outer elbow high on the door frame gets tiring on longer trips and is bad for the shoulder. And the inner arm on the other side has nowhere a rest (tested when we visited the car).
  • RHD footwell (not for me, but I'm sure that will come up here).

Your turn.

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
I think we should gather our insights for improvements here. If INEOS is reading along here, they will get some feedback that way.

Although I don't have my Grenadier yet, I do have some points in mind after we inspected ours.
  • Rear doors: offer a configurator option to choose whether the larger door should be on the left or right side.
  • Interior: use materials that don't feel so much like plastic.
  • Interior: Make the interior trim fit better.
  • Interior: add a handle on the A-pillar on the driver's side, similar to the one on the passenger side. This handle should be optional in the configuration.
  • Front area: more storage space, larger glove box.
  • Driver display: integrate speedometer - a small speedometer would suffice.
  • Windshield wipers: change geometry for adequate wiping area. Currently reminds me of the 2CV I had 45 years ago.
  • Steering wheel: wider range of adjustment up/down/out. It's currently a bit small - at least on the down and out side.
  • Interior: an elbow rest on each side, i.e., at the door and in the center. Leaning the outer elbow on the door frame gets tiring on longer trips and is bad for the shoulder. And the inner arm on the other side has nowhere a rest (tested when we visited the car).
  • RHD footwell (not for me, but I'm sure that will come up here).

Your turn.
All of the above make sense to me + perhaps:
Adaptive Cruise Control

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Adaptive Cruise control paddle shift: nice to have.

In this category I'd add auto-dimming mirrors inside and outside.

But these are additional goodies. I'm more after improvements, missing things and fixes.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:40 PM
Reaction score
A bigger steering wheel. I loved the original steering wheel in the Defender. I can't deal with the small sports steering wheels.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A bigger steering wheel. I loved the original steering wheel in the Defender. I can't deal with the small sports steering wheels.
Never! At least in the Defender the original steering wheel always compressed my left leg 😂

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
Never! At least in the Defender the original steering wheel always compressed my left leg 😂
come drive my RHD one when I get it!!!

taxi!

Local time
Reaction score
I don't want them to add electronics (e.g., adaptive cruise control or self dimming mirrors). One of the things that attracts me to the Grenadier is that is has fewer electrical bells and whistles.

But, if they wanted to make the shifter come closer to fitting the aesthetic of the rest of the car, I wouldn't complain.

Local time
Reaction score
I agree on:
- Interior: add a handle on the A-pillar on the driver's side, similar to the one on the passenger side. This handle should be optional in the configuration.
also

- not sure where the rear backup camera is located, but having the option to use that or a higher-mounted one to feed an electronic rear view screen so as to see past the spare tire and the ladder. In some cars I have driven the rear view display is behind the optical (mirror) rear view mirror and can be toggled between optical mirror or the display mirror

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
self dimming mirrors
As an option, why not?

And after 23 years of owning a w203 which has self dimming mirrors, I must say, that this is the first and only assistant which I have simply forgotten over the years as it just silently worked (and still works) and does what it is supposed to do: relieve me from annoying dazzlers. I consider them a real safety feature.

And such mirrors are by the way never a showstopper if they fail, even in the deepest jungle.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Interior: add a handle on the A-pillar on the driver's side, similar to the one on the passenger side. This handle should be optional in the configuration.
I think this has been discussed before. Does anyone know a reason (like airbags maybe) why there is only one? I guess, since there are countries where they drive on the wrong side, it should be possible to add a second afterwards. They look symmetric, so you could just mount one upside down. Might have to take the windscreen off, though.

Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
Interior: an elbow rest on each side, i.e., at the door and in the center. Leaning the outer elbow high on the door frame gets tiring on longer trips and is bad for the shoulder. And the inner arm on the other side has nowhere a rest (tested when we visited the car).

100% agree on the arm rests.

A few people have been asking for a heated windscreen/steering wheel. I'm guessing these might turn up in the "luxury" Grenadier version down the line but it would be nice to have them as part of a cold weather add-on pack.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I think this has been discussed before.
That's right. Most of the things we're and will be talking about have.

But they might get lost in the depths of the forum. Good to have a collection, I think.

Back
Top Bottom