The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Where is IA in five years? What do you think?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
That's the way the world works, if it's not for you then maybe a hippie commune would be more to your tastes, you will have to drive a kombi-van and forget about the Ineos though :)
Kombis are nowadays rich hipster's toys.
Rusty Hi Aces are what hippies drive.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think that IG or potential IG owners would not be 300 series owners, these are IMO 2 different vehicles, and to drive they are poles apart. But maybe US buyers are different? I don't know.
I disagree mate. If the IG wasn't conceived I would be lined up for a 300 as my only choice coming out of a 200. Yes they are two different vehicles, but two of only three I personally would consider (meeting my needs) taking out into remote Australia being a 200/300, Patrol or IG (discounting a 70 Series).

That said, if you are comparing the "land cruiser" that is likely to go to the US in other words a Prado, then you are right, they will be poles apart unless it is significantly strengthened and upgraded in terms of offroad ability. f it's a real landcruiser, then it won't be US$90k I'd guess.

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score
I disagree mate. If the IG wasn't conceived I would be lined up for a 300 as my only choice coming out of a 200. Yes they are two different vehicles, but two of only three I personally would consider (meeting my needs) taking out into remote Australia being a 200/300, Patrol or IG (discounting a 70 Series).
I was looking at it from a driving/road feel and my own experience from driving both over the last week and specifically referring to the US market and not what we call "remote outback travel" that is where I agree with you.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was looking at it from a driving/road feel and my own experience from driving both over the last week and specifically referring to the US market and not what we call "remote outback travel" that is where I agree with you.
Agreed. I've always expected that the IG will drive on the road somewhere between the 70 and 200 Series. My local dealer believes it will drive better than my lifted / modified 200 Series. Time will tell. If it does, I'll be happy.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed. I've always expected that the IG will drive on the road somewhere between the 70 and 200 Series. My local dealer believes it will drive better than my lifted / modified 200 Series. Time will tell. If it does, I'll be happy.
I have a lifted/modded 200 and the IG drives a whole lot better on the road and tracks

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
Nothing on telly tonight? 👍

I love the language of these recall notices, separation of the u joint in a steering column "may" result in loss of steering control. Under what circumstances would a separation of the u joint allow steering control to be retained? 🤔

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I love the language of these recall notices, separation of the u joint in a steering column "may" result in loss of steering control. Under what circumstances would a separation of the u joint allow steering control to be retained? 🤔
I thought there would be just one or two from the last month but once i looked at it I couldn't believe it.
There are over 40 just since 1st May
Mercedes features a lot,
Pretty much every model Jeep.
As you say talk about understatement. The steering column may become disconnected when doing 100kmh????
The carpet in the footwell may catch fire???
The tyres may suddenly deflate??
Followed by the total stupidity of the rear view camera may not work causing you to reverse into something???? How did anyone reverse before rear view cameras?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

A partial dislocation? Painful and inconvenient.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
I thought there would be just one or two from the last month but once i looked at it I couldn't believe it.
There are over 40 just since 1st May
Mercedes features a lot,
Pretty much every model Jeep.
As you say talk about understatement. The steering column may become disconnected when doing 100kmh????
The carpet in the footwell may catch fire???
The tyres may suddenly deflate??
Followed by the total stupidity of the rear view camera may not work causing you to reverse into something???? How did anyone reverse before rear view cameras?
I get a weekly email listing all recalls in Europe. It does make one quite sanguine about any issues with the Grenadier.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
I think that IG or potential IG owners would not be 300 series owners, these are IMO 2 different vehicles, and to drive they are poles apart. But maybe US buyers are different? I don't know.
From what I’m reading, the Land Cruiser that will be coming back to the US market in 2024/5 is not the 300 series. It’s sounding like Toyota is planning a back to off-road US model. I have no hope that it will be a reborn 70 Series, but there has been a massive increase in interest in “overlanding” and off road driving in the US market. First manufacturer to nail the right combination will do very well. Ineos has the recipe in theory, but their execution has not been proven yet. Based on pricing in N America, I think they (Ineos Automotive) believe they’ll have it right once they release here.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From what I’m reading, the Land Cruiser that will be coming back to the US market in 2024/5 is not the 300 series. It’s sounding like Toyota is planning a back to off-road US model. I have no hope that it will be a reborn 70 Series, but there has been a massive increase in interest in “overlanding” and off road driving in the US market. First manufacturer to nail the right combination will do very well. Ineos has the recipe in theory, but their execution has not been proven yet. Based on pricing in N America, I think they (Ineos Automotive) believe they’ll have it right once they release here.
You may have a long wait for a 70 series as it's 4 years in AUS according to Toyota, plus your safety regs will be a barrier to the release of that model. I'd wait the 25 years and import one if you don;t mind RHD

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
If you can't pay 50% over MSRP for this Toyota in 2025, then you are waiting until 2026 for a chance to spend 25% over msrp for a beat up used one on an auction site. Mass produced Ford Bronco is the perfect example here, except the Toyota will be extreme limited production in comparison.

Current example, Prius PHEV is limited to 10k units in 2023 and 15k units in 2024 for the USA. And that's for a vehicle that dramatically helps Toyota's Green House Gas emissions financial impact. There will be far, far fewer land cruisers imported and the dealers will want huge profit margins for them.

Timing of this Toyota product in America and an insane market, means this is not a competitor to a Q1, 2024 delivery of the Ineos to the USA market, and will be just as rare of a vehicle as the Ineos in the later half of this decade on American roads. There is a reason Toyota removed it already from the American Market recently.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like they have the Grenadier demographic covered:
View attachment 7817491
I have no doubt silverbacks will be tooling around the shores of Lake Bled in them soon.
Which is why we've arisen early to take the electric boat to the island before noisy tourism wakes up.
20230622_084239.jpg

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have no doubt silverbacks will be tooling around the shores of Lake Bled in them soon.
Which is why we've arisen early to take the electric boat to the island before noisy tourism wakes up.
View attachment 7817493
Great trip so far Tazzie thank you...just curious are the rowlock holders for good looks and steering?

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom