The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Now abusing a 2015 toyota hilux, will the grenadier be next?

Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

Currently I'm using my daily driver for quite tough offroading. A toyota hilux 2KD-FVT (144hp) manual. Bought new in 2015.
Done 200k, recently did have some turbo issues, VNT position sensor had intermitted failures. In the diagnose process we decided to address everything we stumbled upon.
- clean EGR and intake
- reseat valves in head and cleaned head
- adjust valve clearances
- timing belt
- injector test
- new glowplugs
- dismanteling of turbo and cleaning inside

Still love it totally, and hope it will do another 300k at least!

Now, why am I here then. In the netherlands taxes will change, next year is my last opportunity to get a new commercial vehicle for a factory price. Shortly after that commercial vehicles will pay the same as consumer vehicles (75k EUR grenadier would jump to ~165k EUR with all taxes).
Is the grenadier the car I'll use for ~5 years to haul stuff and promote my new business? Or am I better of spending that money on the hilux replacing whatever needs replacement.....

hope to use the forum to answer the following (lising my questions here, will continue searching):
- what will the grenadier trailmaster petrol consume day to day, what about hauling a trailer with a heavy hilux on top?
- are there rumours about the grenadier (not the small one) going electric, and is it feasible to think that would be the same chassis? (read is it likely the grenadier can be EV converted in 10 years)
- how easy are things like replacing lights etc. All canbus? laptop needed to reprogram stuff?
- is there already information on technical drawings / software to talk ODB-II to the grenadier? (for the hilux I have full exploded part drawings AND all workshop procedures, combined with a TechStream laptop I can do pretty much everything myself)
- what is expected milage of this engine / gearbox combination? Do they run 400k+ in other cars?

1700643990251.png

Regards, Mark

Back
Top Bottom