The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What do you think should be addressed in the next iteration of the Grenadier?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know a reason (like airbags maybe) why there is only one?
Cost cutting, I guess.

They say "use the steering wheel", which is not a good option imho..

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's right. Most of the things we're and will be talking about have.

But they might get lost in the depths of the forum. Good to have a collection, I think.
Absolutely

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
not sure where the rear backup camera is located, but having the option to use that or a higher-mounted one to feed an electronic rear view screen so as to see past the spare tire and the ladder
The currently used camera model can not deliver an appropriate perspective to feed a back mirror display. It's extremely wide angle and only sufficient for very near field views.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
I think this has been discussed before. Does anyone know a reason (like airbags maybe) why there is only one? I guess, since there are countries where they drive on the wrong side, it should be possible to add a second afterwards. They look symmetric, so you could just mount one upside down. Might have to take the windscreen off, though.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNZU9JjSR3A

Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
Keyless entry and push button start. I mean the whole idea of big nobs (which I love) so you can operate them with gloves on fails to account for the fact that I will have to take off a glove to dig in my pocket for a damn key. It's a nice and simple convenience in my opinion.

Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
As mentioned, a cold weather package would be highly appreciated— heated steering wheel, heated windscreen. Where I live it’s more necessity than luxury when it’s -30C out.

Also, more storage. I know there will be aftermarket solutions (similar to what Daystar makes in the US) but I’d appreciate well thought out solutions from the factory.

Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Assuming the production model is the same as the PT002 I've seen, a wider / full size door sill protector & grip strip for the (4) passenger doors.

Top of dash USB power.

RH rear interior wheel plastic molded similarly to the LH for a flattened area, assuming this is possible without decreasing rear load space area. It was a bit odd to see only the LH side that way.

12vdc outlet for the rear seat near the USB @ the center console.

Last edited:

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
Dual zone climate control for partners with different body thermostats. 🤣

240V socket / inverter for blowing up tents and mattresses.

Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
Improve the color choices. Many are drab and too dark for my preferences. Not a showstopper for me by any means but just an opportunity missed to make the truck more attractive; something Sir Jim oft states as important. Oh…the biggest flaw with color is in the interior leather grey/black which is stupidly white/black to my eye and others.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Improve the color choices. Many are drab and too dark for my preferences. Not a showstopper for me by any means but just an opportunity missed to make the truck more attractive; something Sir Jim oft states as important. Oh…the biggest flaw with color is in the interior leather grey/black which is stupidly white/black to my eye and others.
Agreed. My wife though my colour choices were meh! But after she looked at the samples in the dealers, she thought I'd made the best of a bad job. Me, I'm happy, but I'm colour-blind, so what do I know?

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Keyless entry and push button start. I mean the whole idea of big nobs (which I love) so you can operate them with gloves on fails to account for the fact that I will have to take off a glove to dig in my pocket for a damn key. It's a nice and simple convenience in my opinion.
I'd be happy if all the electronics weren't there. I don't need keyless go, I don't need steering wheel heating, buttocks heating or ass cooling. There are almost too many electronics in the Grenadier. But this is my peronal opinion…. It's all nice to have and I'm currently enjoying it too. But it's not really necessary. In my opinion.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
I think we should ask Mr. Q. Maybe an ejection seat? But only in connection with Safari windows! Or a cannon? Maybe artificial intelligence too. A soft voice that greets you in your Greni and quietly asks you if your day was ok? And what you wish for now.....

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think we should ask Mr. Q. Maybe an ejection seat? But only in connection with Safari windows! Or a cannon? Maybe artificial intelligence too. A soft voice that greets you in your Greni and quietly asks you if your day was ok? And what you wish for now.....
Read your previous post @Barney - too many electronics. 😉

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
110/130L fuel tank. USB/Cig points bottom of centre stack & behind top display. Smaller front pillar grab handle (70 series style) for driver to pull themselves up when jumping in - hopefully aftermarket will supply something as the mounts are there I think.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'd be happy if all the electronics weren't there. I don't need keyless go, I don't need steering wheel heating, buttocks heating or ass cooling. There are almost too many electronics in the Grenadier. But this is my peronal opinion…. It's all nice to have and I'm currently enjoying it too. But it's not really necessary. In my opinion.
"Everything you need and nothing you don't" is what they said
I agree.

Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Nope, keyless entry is a security vulnerability. Search the internet for articles on keyless entry theft. My 2018 Subaru Outback (keyless start) was stolen from a ferry lot, then driven through the woods and trashed. Windows were not broken to get access Yes, you can smash a window on a key-locked vehicle, but the technology is out there on ebay, etc to get equipment that can force entry to a keyless entry system and start the vehicle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom