The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What do you think should be addressed in the next iteration of the Grenadier?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
For me, the Grenadier is good the way it is. I have ordered everything I need. I don't want all the bells and whistles that you have listed. The car has to stay as simple as possible. That's the design principle. Delete this thread.
I disagree.

You can take it to the bank that Series two will have changes because IA probably rushed some aspects of the final design and finish & they will receive driver experience & market feedback.

Moreover, what is the problem with adding some more options to the base vehicle that some might think adds value to their driving experience and/or requirements based on how they use the Grenadier.

No one is forced to choose the extra options.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
Brown leather seats to match the steering wheel, darker interior (I am sure there is a specific name for the ceiling of a car, in German it would be „sky“)
I would have ordered a saddle leather interior at the first spot. Even if it would have cost me half a fortune more!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For me, improving the interior plastic would be a massive improvement (on the basis the PTO’s are no different). They are very hard and not very tactile. I think they will scratch very easily. If they had a bit more give to them they would last better. The 200 Series landcruiser plastics were a big let down after the 100 Series.

And get the fit and finish right as per the other topic on that issue.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
You can take it to the bank that Series two will have changes because IA probably rushed some aspects of the final design and finish & they will receive driver experience & market feedback.
I think the inverter and the gullwing side panels illustrate your point.
No one is forced to choose the extra options.
I guess it's just the opportunity cost of what they prioritise vs what gets dropped further down the list.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here’s mine:
1. Longer range fuel tank or optional additional tank
2. Optional inverter (which I thought was going to be an option this time but wasn’t)
3. 33” tyre option (so I don’t need to junk the factory wheels and tyres next time)
4. Improved design of the Euro winch cover/number plate holder that doesn’t require a screwdriver to remove.
5. Optional additional bash plates (transmission, fuel, f/r diffs)
6. Optional upgraded sound system

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
3. 33” tyre option (so I don’t need to junk the factory wheels and tyres next time)
Would be nice I agree. I'm hoping a set of 33's BFG KM3's or other m/t will fit on the standard 17" steel wheels and I can pick up another set from Ineos before 2030.
You think 33's won't fit on the standard 17"x7.5" steelies?

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would be nice I agree. I'm hoping a set of 33's BFG KM3's or other m/t will fit on the standard 17" steel wheels and I can pick up another set from Ineos before 2030.
You think 33's won't fit on the standard 17"x7.5" steelies?

I think you are right, they will fit👍

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
430KW 850NM Bi turbo V8
22 inch wheels
Red leather interior
dual twin chromed tailpipes out the sides of the vehicle
body styling kit and wider arch flares
Performance steering wheel
Carbon fibre trim
dynamic selector with sports plus mode
9 speed auto with paddle shifters
dynamic suspension with comfort sport or sport plus settings
Exclusive interior plus package
Internally ventilated and perforated discs
luggage compartment cover
black fiddleback open-pore ash wood trim
Roof liner in black Dinamica microfibre
Nappa leather on door centre panels and rear doors
Velour floor mats
Parking package with 360 camera
Sliding glass sunroof with tilt function and interior blind
Radiator trim with chrome elements
Touchpad on centre console featuring haptic feedback
Acceleration Skid Control
Active Brake Assis
Active Lane Keeping Assist
Active Distance Assist
Auto-dimming interior rear view mirror and drivers exterior mirror
Blind Spot Assist
Driving Assistance Package
Night Package
Carbon-fibre engine cover
Active Multicontour Seat
Brake calipers, painted in silver front and rear
Russian oligarch Edition!!!

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A small feature... since navigation is up to our cell, an universal bracket for it close to display, wireless charging... I wouldn't place an awful sucker bracket in my Gren...

Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
. Steering Wheel: paddle shift.
Paddle shifter?? Are you joking? No way. Those are useless.
I'd like to see a few basics addressed: an on-board fully functioning and updating GPS system available on the existing touch screen. Phone based GPS is not as reliable as my SUV based GPS - it just isn't. Must do: reposition the rotary dial for the touch screen. Locating it directly next to the place you put your coffee is cheeky hopeful. I get it: it was a desperate last ditch place to put it. It should go someplace away from coffee cups. It's a glaring problem and just about anywhere else would be appreciated. (I nixed a fancy SUV I was looking at after seeing such a dial - good luck to those drivers - I bought a LR).

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Locating it directly next to the place you put your coffee is cheeky hopeful
I have a thermo mug made of inox which has a cover with a small lid which you can close or open when you want to drink.

Off road proof, I dare say.

Frontrunner:

kitc189_1n.jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Paddle shifter?? Are you joking? No way. Those are useless.
I'd like to see a few basics addressed: an on-board fully functioning and updating GPS system available on the existing touch screen. Phone based GPS is not as reliable as my SUV based GPS - it just isn't. Must do: reposition the rotary dial for the touch screen. Locating it directly next to the place you put your coffee is cheeky hopeful. I get it: it was a desperate last ditch place to put it. It should go someplace away from coffee cups. It's a glaring problem and just about anywhere else would be appreciated. (I nixed a fancy SUV I was looking at after seeing such a dial - good luck to those drivers - I bought a LR).
I have rarely ever used the paddle shifters on my current or previous vehicles
The rotary dial on my current vehicle (MB) is in almost exactly the same place as the grenadier and I use it constantly.
Never had a problem or spilt coffee on it.
I only use closed and sealed containers in the car so they won't spill

Local time
Reaction score
1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.

Did I mention the need for a 1 tonne payload so the Grenadier meets dual purpose rules like the old 110 so the BIK is only £3,000 and not £18,000?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom