The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What do you think should be addressed in the next iteration of the Grenadier?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:51 PM
Reaction score
1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.1 tonne payload.

Did I mention the need for a 1 tonne payload so the Grenadier meets dual purpose rules like the old 110 so the BIK is only £3,000 and not £18,000?
Which modern 4wd station wagons have one tonne payload?

Local time
10:51 PM
Reaction score
I'd be happy if all the electronics weren't there. I don't need keyless go, I don't need steering wheel heating, buttocks heating or ass cooling. There are almost too many electronics in the Grenadier. But this is my peronal opinion…. It's all nice to have and I'm currently enjoying it too. But it's not really necessary. In my opinion.
I have reynauds syndrome so the heated steering wheel really helps with my condition. Wearing gloves doesn't seem to help.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
Which we can attach with the mighty utility belt!
I recommend Polyethylene / Silica Ceramic (UHMWPE) composite plate body armor level IV plates, for weight saving. Have to figure out an attachment method without compromising the plate....

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
I recommend Polyethylene / Silica Ceramic (UHMWPE) composite plate body armor level IV plates, for weight saving. Have to figure out an attachment method without compromising the plate....
Straps and glue 😬

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
Or just keep your hands on the steering wheel and downshift using he paddles.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
A small feature... since navigation is up to our cell, an universal bracket for it close to display, wireless charging... I wouldn't place an awful sucker bracket in my Gren...

Look up Powerful UK on YouTube. They have just developed a natty little bracket for the new Defender.

I think something like that could be done. they are good at developing little bits like that, so let’s hope they take up the IG and do bits for us.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Look up Powerful UK on YouTube. They have just developed a natty little bracket for the new Defender.

I think something like that could be done. they are good at developing little bits like that, so let’s hope they take up the IG and do bits for us.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
I'd love them to run a Grenadier and develop kit, but I thought they'd decided not to?

Nothing to stop them changing their mind ~ but then there's the waiting time for obtaining a model.

Local time
Reaction score
Nope, keyless entry is a security vulnerability. Search the internet for articles on keyless entry theft. My 2018 Subaru Outback (keyless start) was stolen from a ferry lot, then driven through the woods and trashed. Windows were not broken to get access Yes, you can smash a window on a key-locked vehicle, but the technology is out there on ebay, etc to get equipment that can force entry to a keyless entry system and start the vehicle.

If they want the vehicle they are going to take the vehicle, keyless entry or not. A manual transmission seems to be more of a security system, at least in the states, as fewer and fewer people know how to drive them. haha.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wish the roof cutouts were optional. It'll be hard to clean using at the car wash, probably the electrical outlets too, the covers look flimsy. Do other countries have automated car washes?

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
Automatic high beam
Heated front windscreen
Heated steering wheel
All of the above make sense to me + perhaps:
Adaptive Cruise Control

I'd prefer to not have any of these things; the design infrastructure required to implement this stuff means in terms of field repairs. Auto high beams are not a big deal, as that's just a sensor and switch gear if designed well, but if it's run through a CANBUS system it makes me a bit more nervous as headlight voltage issues in a CANBUS issue which can trigger all sorts of gremlins. I'm very much against a heated windscreen -- I want to be able to drop $100 at a glass shop and have them cut the right kind of glass into a simple square and glue it in. A heated windscreen will mean a much, much more expensive repair, and windscreens are ALWAYS at the very least rock-chipped, and usually fully cracked, within the first few miles of driving over here (In Alberta especially - lots of gravel used in the winter for traction which gets thrown at cars in the spring/summer). Adaptive Cruise Control is, similarly, more of a concern about how it's implemented and what happens if there's an error or malfunction.

None of these things will likely leave a person stranded in the bush (as long as it's designed well with solid system isolation to prevent failures in one system impacting another), but it's still more tech than I'd like in my 4x4.

I wouldn't be that upset with a heated steering wheel, though!

Back
Top Bottom