The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What do you think should be addressed in the next iteration of the Grenadier?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
What exactly is meant by this? Is there an example to look at?
Not the best image but what you’re seeing in the underside of the 2nd row seats. It’s nice because it provides a flat load space. But you lose depth and the seats are pretty thick when flipped up.

Attachments

• 1E744920-5971-42B2-A700-47118F04F51C.jpeg
    1E744920-5971-42B2-A700-47118F04F51C.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 56

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
I think we should gather our insights for improvements here. If INEOS is reading along here, they will get some feedback that way.

Interior: add a handle on the A-pillar on the driver's side, similar to the one on the passenger side. This handle should be optional in the configuration.
Your turn.
I wonder if anyone has whipped off the A panels on both sides, regardless of LHD or RHD, and discovered bolt holes for handles? On the ‘non-handle’ side.

Surely when constructing the bodies, there are plenty of bits done to accommodate both configurations?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has whipped off the A panels on both sides, regardless of LHD or RHD, and discovered bolt holes for handles? On the ‘non-handle’ side.

Surely when constructing the bodies, there are plenty of bits done to accommodate both configurations?
Agree, and for rear passengers.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

A panel meaning the first panel or front fender?

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
I think we should gather our insights for improvements here. If INEOS is reading along here, they will get some feedback that way.

Although I don't have my Grenadier yet, I do have some points in mind after we inspected ours.
  • Rear doors: offer a configurator option to choose whether the larger door should be on the left or right side.
  • Interior: use materials that don't feel so much like plastic.
  • Interior: Make the interior trim fit better.
  • Interior: add a handle on the A-pillar on the driver's side, similar to the one on the passenger side. This handle should be optional in the configuration.
  • Front area: more storage space, larger glove box.
  • Driver display: integrate speedometer - a small speedometer would suffice.
  • Windshield wipers: change geometry for adequate wiping area. Currently reminds me of the 2CV I had 45 years ago.
  • Steering wheel: wider range of adjustment up/down/out. It's currently a bit small - at least on the down and out side.
  • Interior: an elbow rest on each side, i.e., at the door and in the center. Leaning the outer elbow high on the door frame gets tiring on longer trips and is bad for the shoulder. And the inner arm on the other side has nowhere a rest (tested when we visited the car).
  • RHD footwell (not for me, but I'm sure that will come up here).

Your turn.
Bigger fuel tank or at least sort out the space under floor such that the after market mob can fit one as the standard tank of 90? litres will not take you very far in Australia.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Keyless entry and push button start. I mean the whole idea of big nobs (which I love) so you can operate them with gloves on fails to account for the fact that I will have to take off a glove to dig in my pocket for a damn key. It's a nice and simple convenience in my opinion.
More things to go wrong which goes against the ethos of the Grenadier design. Fewer computers is better.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
430KW 850NM Bi turbo V8
22 inch wheels
Red leather interior
dual twin chromed tailpipes out the sides of the vehicle
body styling kit and wider arch flares
Performance steering wheel
Carbon fibre trim
dynamic selector with sports plus mode
9 speed auto with paddle shifters
dynamic suspension with comfort sport or sport plus settings
Exclusive interior plus package
Internally ventilated and perforated discs
luggage compartment cover
black fiddleback open-pore ash wood trim
Roof liner in black Dinamica microfibre
Nappa leather on door centre panels and rear doors
Velour floor mats
Parking package with 360 camera
Sliding glass sunroof with tilt function and interior blind
Radiator trim with chrome elements
Touchpad on centre console featuring haptic feedback
Acceleration Skid Control
Active Brake Assis
Active Lane Keeping Assist
Active Distance Assist
Auto-dimming interior rear view mirror and drivers exterior mirror
Blind Spot Assist
Driving Assistance Package
Night Package
Carbon-fibre engine cover
Active Multicontour Seat
Brake calipers, painted in silver front and rear
...and a nearby shopping mall to crawl it around....

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The biggest thing is ditching the BMW shifter.
Higher spec transmission (not a low end I6 one, but a V8 based one)
the ability for An app on an phone to act as least a speedometer when placed in front of the driver
Ability to take 35 inch wheels on the rear door
Standard 33s
Roll Roof like a Jeep Sky View- even if it means getting rid/relocating the overhead switches…

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The biggest thing is ditching the BMW shifter.
Higher spec transmission (not a low end I6 one, but a V8 based one)
the ability for An app on an phone to act as least a speedometer when placed in front of the driver
Ability to take 35 inch wheels on the rear door
Standard 33s
Roll Roof like a Jeep Sky View- even if it means getting rid/relocating the overhead switches…
You are actually describing a completely different vehicle...................maybe a Jeep

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You are actually describing a completely different vehicle...................maybe a Jeep
I already have a Jeep and that Sky View is slicker than snot and probably the future of vehicles like this due to roll-over standards. We get 300+ days of sun here, I don’t think a soft-top option is off brand.
All the other things are pretty standard- I don‘t care about 35, wouldn’t do it but if the mounting bolts just need to be moved an inch to allow the doors to operate, I don’t think that is some crazy jeep thing.
Everthing seems to be over engineered, except for the transmission. It’s probably adequete, but rather have the next level up, there is a whole thread on it.
A speedo in front of the driver, as like in every other car on the planet? CRAZY. Not like I’m looking for a HUD.
And oddly, me wanting to ditch the BMW shifter for something else makes it a different vehicle, like not an X5.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
I read the Owner's Manual carefully, and I understood that, while it is true that the Gren, rightly so, has many electronic conveniences, each of these is done the old-fashioned way, with as little automation as possible, making it still an acceptable and legal middle ground. between a pre-electronic vehicle and a modern household appliance. This is for those who argue that the ethos of the initial project has been violated. At this point, I personally would avoid any updates that produce radical changes to the engine, transmission or bodywork. If I have to think of a serious modification that does not alter, but is even closer to the initial idea, I would modify the folding of the rear seats to have a flat load space, even at the cost of repositioning the batteries...

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
for An app on an phone to act as least a speedometer
Search on the app store by ‘Speedometer’: a bunch of apps are available for free, using GPS rather than telemetry as the source.
You can then either mount the phone on a suction mount in front of you, or several are setup for use as HUDs.
Your local autostore will have a 2-way mirror sticker that you can adhere to the windscreen to improve the visibility of the phone in HUD orientation.

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did anyone mention RHD footrest intrusion!!

The tilt and reach - the reach is like 40mm, need a good 80mm to be effective given the general footwell is quite small compared to the LC300 or Y62.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did anyone mention RHD footrest intrusion!!

The tilt and reach - the reach is like 40mm, need a good 80mm to be effective given the general footwell is quite small compared to the LC300 or Y62.
I'm lucky
Haven't had my feet in an LC300 or Y62 so nothing to compare it to.
This is pretty much my driving position in current vehicle and there is only about 50mm between my head and the roof
1683265229418.png

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A speedo in front of the driver, as like in every other car on the planet? CRAZY. Not like I’m looking for a HUD.

Having taken possession of my Grenny a couple of gays ago, this extract from my initial impressions reported elsewhere on this Forum, seems entirely appropriate:

Speedometer – just not an issue, central speedo remains firmly in sight at all times – anybody bumping their gums either needs Specsavers or it’s a vanity issue

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
In Canada, anything is possible with the right brand of beer on the backseat and a friendly demeanor!

Jokes aside -- yeah. In a sticky spot, you're honestly never far away from a Speedy Glass type option (5-6 hour drive probably), but those companies would likely not be cutting anything as they'd just pull whatever is in stock. There are smaller-scale glass businesses, but these are not as common as they used to be in rural areas. In a pinch though, if it's reasonably rectangular and flat, a guy can do a lot with a jigsaw and some lexan to make the journey to the nearest bigger centre. I've had to do that before and managed it on a side window, but the only reason it was easy to do was because everything was flat, not curved. If it's curved, this gets to be a lot harder and so I had hoped the Gren would be flat but that info about it being curved is new to me and a bit disappointing (though I'm grateful for the info of course!)
Not to hijack the thread but has anybody had any experience with this type of thing?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but has anybody had any experience with this type of thing?

If someone has a good success story with a product like this, I'm certainly interested!

Back
Top Bottom