The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What do you think should be addressed in the next iteration of the Grenadier?

ya5891

Production/Transit
Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
After doing 2 test drives in the last 2 days, and finally putting in my order 🥳...The only improvements I could immediately think of were a simple HUD speedo, Corner Handle for back seat passengers to clamber in, brown or brown/black leather combo for the Recaro seats to match the Nappa Leather option, Better side step design that won't break an ankle:cry: Reversing camera must toggle to full-screen as the speedo etc is not needed whilst reversing and current camera view is insanely small....and as said above; paddle shifters and less plastic materials, a tighter turning circle (if its possible)...and wouldn't mind a steering that returns to centre, but I'm sure it's something you get used to in time once driving it daily...

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
Yes but a raptor isn't a 4WD
It's a boy toy.

doctor who sherlock GIF

Reactions: Max

Jhrogers

Overland Garage 4x4
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
I don't want them to add electronics (e.g., adaptive cruise control or self dimming mirrors). One of the things that attracts me to the Grenadier is that is has fewer electrical bells and whistles.

But, if they wanted to make the shifter come closer to fitting the aesthetic of the rest of the car, I wouldn't complain.
Totally agree.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A vehicle that is legally fit for the road and delivered as promised and paid for would be a good start!

peterehc

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After 11-days of ownership I have grown accustomed to the vague steering and massive turning circle but thoroughly love it's presence.
Definitely room for improvement however. . . some of which should have been addressed following the (exhaustive?) prototype adventures.
Here's my wish list:

• Motion Alarm Disable Setting Option
  • Flashing LED Alarm Indicator
  • Speedo in the Tell-Tale Display Panel
  • USB sockets for Dashcam (top of windscreen)
  • Reversing Camera Full Screen View
  • Larger Front Door Bins
  • Longer Travel Front Seat Runners
  • Compass/Altimeter Illumination
  • UV Cover for Spare Wheel
  • Drivers A-Pillar Grab Handle
  • Auto-Dim Rear-View Mirror
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Soft-touch Plastic Beside Drivers Leg
  • Heated Front Windscreen
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Automatic High Beam
  • Remove RHD Footwell Intrusion
  • Tighter Turning Circle
  • AUX Heater Option (Winter Pack?)

Local time
Reaction score
None of the above apart from the heater and poss bigger engine

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:13 PM
Reaction score
An Idea for the Automatic Transmission (Diesel).
When driving on the street, the first gear is not necessary. It should chance the gears 2-4-6-7-8. That would be great, and I would have less stress and noise and gear changes when I want to start quickly. Perhaps possible with an electronic update?

Sloany

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Remote start
Heated windscreen
V8 petrol engine😍

Last edited:

Donny

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:13 PM
Reaction score
+1 for the remote start. In general I think there's room for more differentiation between the Trialmaster and the Fieldmaster. I'll be on-road 95% of the time in my Fieldmaster so a few more creature comforts wouldn't hurt. ***ducks to avoid the comments saying that's not what the Gren is for / go buy a G Wagen / mall crawler***

That said, I'm still very excited to get my Gren! I appreciate the heck out of what Sir Jim has built!!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
+1 for the remote start. In general I think there's room for more differentiation between the Trialmaster and the Fieldmaster. I'll be on-road 95% of the time in my Fieldmaster so a few more creature comforts wouldn't hurt. ***ducks to avoid the comments saying that's not what the Gren is for / go buy a G Wagen / mall crawler***

That said, I'm still very excited to get my Gren! I appreciate the heck out of what Sir Jim has built!!
I agree
I think there is a definite market for a luxury or more upmarket version.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree
I think there is a definite market for a luxury or more upmarket version.
It was definitely in Mark Tennant's plan:

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:13 PM
Reaction score

Why not.. there may be applications where people may use the grenadier as both a full utility and a daily ride, perhaps on road as a towing machine. (I used see many Mitsubishi Pajero - Montero. used as horse trailer towing machines. Regular a bit off road.. muddy .. but a good time on road too) So why not add some comfort package as option it would improve versatility w/o making it a mall crawler. - Features like heated windscreen / steering wheel aux heater would be attractive in colder areas and additional USB ports are also important for any region - Nav, Cam, Radio, whatever device..

Back
Top Bottom