The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The Flip Thread

Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
Though I'd start a thread about flipping the Grenadier, a place to discuss ordering spec, sales timing, taxes, wild resale price speculation etc.

So what do you think ... are you open to flipping ?
will that affect how you spec your order, and how ?
would you flip the first and reorder a different model, say the Ute ?
have you moved on to another vehicle but kept your reservation to flip the Gren ?
done this before with another car ?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
The contract specifically says if you plan to, they will cancel the order. Just don't say anything during the order process.

Local time
Reaction score
The contract specifically says if you plan to, they will cancel the order. Just don't say anything during the order process.
Oh, I thought that was somehow to do with dealers.

I was thinking mostly if the pricing comes in higher than anticipated what potential options a reservation holder might have.

Interesting that they could "reach from the grave" so to speak. Suppose the details will be in the contract before committing to purchase.

Thanks for the response. Guess that's a wrap for this tread then 🫢

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
I have no plans to flip mine, quite the opposite I am hoping it lives up to its longevity claims, and I have it for 15+ years. However, it is nice to know that if my circumstances changed or it turned out, I hate the reality of it. Based on the early order discounts I could easily sell it for what I’ve paid, and maybe even make a little profit.

Last edited:

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve never flipped a car and never will. This first year Grenadier might be one of the best (most flippable) vehicles we have seen in years. The one small thing that might prevent it is the global increase in borrowing rates. Had the Grenadier been delivered in 2021-22 it would have been off the charts.

Here’s the reasoning: There is a huge untapped market for authenticity in cars/trucks right now. Evidence for that is everywhere (G wagens, Defenders, Jimny, Bronco, Ranger, Land Cruiser, etc). All have been unobtainable for two to three years. The Grenadier IS actually authentic. Unlike all the others. Production will be severely constrained until 2025 at least. Releasing a global vehicle with a long preorder list. Buyers do not want to wait once the new best thing is identified. Get a well specced Grenadier for 75-100k sheckles and you’ll be able to sell it for 150-200k of the same money. Problem is you won’t be able to get another one for a long long time

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
I’ve never flipped a car and never will. This first year Grenadier might be one of the best (most flippable) vehicles we have seen in years. The one small thing that might prevent it is the global increase in borrowing rates. Had the Grenadier been delivered in 2021-22 it would have been off the charts.

Here’s the reasoning: There is a huge untapped market for authenticity in cars/trucks right now. Evidence for that is everywhere (G wagens, Defenders, Jimny, Bronco, Ranger, Land Cruiser, etc). All have been unobtainable for two to three years. The Grenadier IS actually authentic. Unlike all the others. Production will be severely constrained until 2025 at least. Releasing a global vehicle with a long preorder list. Buyers do not want to wait once the new best thing is identified. Get a well specced Grenadier for 75-100k sheckles and you’ll be able to sell it for 150-200k of the same money. Problem is you won’t be able to get another one for a long long time
I do not see any chance to get such a markup here in Europe. Maybe the 10 % the car price already has risen but not more. Any other opinions?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
I have no plans to flip mine, quite the opposite I am hoping it lives up to its longevity claims, and I have it fot 15+ years. However, it is nice to know that if my circumstances changed or it turned out, I hate the reality of it. Based on the early order discounts I could easily sell it for what I’ve paid, and maybe even make a little profit.
This will be my last vehicle so no intention of flipping it. Certainly not after this wait. I like the idea of having it 15 years. However my life will expire long before the vehicle. At least I will never have to worry about a replacement 🤣

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
Haven't even ordered it yet, but already too emotionally invested to quit. I'm looking forward to having my Grenadier for decades. I normally keep my cars into the low 200K miles, ~10 years, so I'm hoping to at least 50%-100% increase that life expectancy with this one.

roozkhan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone ever flipped a car? Does the buyer pay straight cash so you can pay off the financing company? What's the process usually?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
For a non native speaker: What does 'flip' mean in the current context?

Sell? Cancel order? ... ?

Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
In the US, I predict this car will be easy to flip, and I'm sure we'll see a couple show up on BAT pretty quickly, but that's the world we live in. Within the ever widening divide between the 'haves' and 'have-not's' the haves have all the money. There seems to be an endless line of people who can and will spend whatever it takes to get what they want. No harm, no foul, I placed my reservation knowing what I was getting into, once people buy something they can do whatever they want with it. in my opinion.

For me, my newest car is 10 years old (2013 Xterra) and I'm not entirely sure I want to part with it when the Grenadier comes in, so no flipping for me, I intend to have this one a long, long time. Especially because it will be my first financed car in almost 10 years, if I'm going into debt to get this thing, I'm definitely keeping it at least until I actually own it....

Back
Top Bottom