The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The Flip Thread

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:50 PM
Reaction score
GM has instituted a warranty void on flipped vehicles
By what right?

Making money with vehicles is nothing unsual in the US. As long as dealers do so, no matter how greedy they are, this is widely accepted.

That makes me wonder: where are - if some private gamblers want to make some bucks that way - the oh-so-free United States, where the so called free market is a holy cow and where everyone can make money however they want - as long as they are only law-abiding?

I dare say that such players represent a negligible minority in the market. 🤷‍♂️

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
By what right?

Making money with vehicles is nothing unsual in the US. As long as dealers do so, no matter how greedy they are, this is widely accepted.

That makes me wonder: where are - if some private gamblers want to make some bucks that way - the oh-so-free United States, where the so called free market is a holy cow and where everyone can make money however they want - as long as they are only law-abiding?

I dare say that such players represent a negligible minority in the market. 🤷‍♂️
I have seen IG on cars.com for I think 120K

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if some dealers may “capitalize” on the delays and issues in order to make more money.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
By what right?

As a private company, GM has the right to put whatever they want in their sales contract and warranty.

That's called FREEDOM bruh.

Local time
11:50 AM
Reaction score
If I were a dealer I would be concerned about being perceived of manipulating the price. Dealers don’t need to talk to other dealers to figure out the price anymore. Where it might get dicey is putting the cars into a specific persons hands with the intention of finding a ceiling (is that free market or manipulation?)

There are some great family owned dealers in the US but the one I know saw the writing on the wall and sold. It’s a business where the new consumer doesn’t want a middle person nor does the manufacturer.

There are a few dealers on the forum, I’d love to get their feedback on the future of the dealer.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:50 PM
Reaction score
As a private company, GM has the right to put whatever they want in their sales contract and warranty.

That's called FREEDOM bruh.
Yes, it seems that's different to Germany. Here, a sales company (like a dealer) has to provide a quite precisely defined warranty - which is in fact a "Gewährleistung" which is slightly different from a warranty but basically serves the same purpose. And no dealer would sell a product if the maker wouldn't back up this mandatory "Gewährleistung" with an own warranty. So here, the normative force of fact ensures that no manufacturer can escape without giving a warranty.

But apart from that you probably misunderstood my remark. With "by what right" I don't mean the legal right, but rather human legitimacy - which unfortunately no longer seems to play a role in business, but which can (and should) be questioned at any time.

At least I do. 🤷‍♂️

Local time
Reaction score
Yes, it seems that's different to Germany. Here, a sales company (like a dealer) has to provide a quite precisely defined warranty - which is in fact a "Gewährleistung" which is slightly different from a warranty but basically serves the same purpose. And no dealer would sell a product if the maker wouldn't back up this mandatory "Gewährleistung" with an own warranty. So here, the normative force of fact ensures that no manufacturer can escape without giving a warranty.

But apart from that you probably misunderstood my remark. With "by what right" I don't mean the legal right, but rather human legitimacy - which unfortunately no longer seems to play a role in business, but which can (and should) be questioned at any time.

At least I do. 🤷‍♂️
love this dialog “which can and should be questioned”. Maybe deserving of its own thread and I should only reply after a good hazy:).

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I love it when car people come together! Love Jay and Love Dodge for getting involved.

some dealers have been doing this for some time: get in line, pay over MSRP in many cases, then yank it out from underneath you if someone else is willing to pay more.

Sure, capitalism…I love it, but there is also respect for individuals.

I feel bad for the dealers that try and do it right as people will remember this soldiers story (I know I will).

@Krabby thanks for posting!

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This. THIS is why people hate car dealers.
After all that Dodge makes a profit??? The car was going to be given to high performing dealers and then is SOLD to the service member @ MSRP???? One would think that Dodge would just give it to the service member.

Back
Top Bottom