The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas U.S. Pre-Order Terms & Conditions

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score
Folks...
At what point in the process will they want you to sign a contract?
Is more money due at that time?
Do you pay for the vehicle when its actually delivered?

I reached out to Ineos on this and the person just kept saying "Contact your dealer."
I said we dont have dealers yet.
She said well when you get one work with your dealer.

A 12 year old could have told me that.

There’s another webinar on the way, I’m sure this will explain quite a lot of the process. At least I hope it will…

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
It's been talked about ad nauseam between here and the groups on FB.

The PURCHASE contract is signed with your local dealership. It is only at that point that money is exchanged. It is just like buying a car from any other dealership, you pay on delivery. There may be a further deposit when the contract is signed, but that would be up to the dealership, not Ineos in any way.

After you place your pre-order, you have nothing to do or be concerned about until your dealer contacts you to proceed to the next steps.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:43 PM
Reaction score

The PURCHASE contract is signed with your local dealership. It is only at that point that money is exchanged. It is just like buying a car from any other dealership, you pay on delivery. There may be a further deposit when the contract is signed, but that would be up to the dealership, not Ineos in any way.

After you place your pre-order, you have nothing to do or be concerned about until your dealer contacts you to proceed to the next steps.
I do believe that dealers realize they can kill this brand and their future business by not taking care of the customers. The IG might be new - but INEOS is a major parent company that wants to build this as a lifestyle brand as well as fleet/service vehicle. There is much riding on this for all parties to get this right. Not to say there will not be bumps....

Local time
Reaction score

I get that.
What I am asking is if they will ask for money before the truck arrives.
I dont see why they would, just asking.
And at what point in the process do you sign a contract?
Sept?
When Ineos gives them a build date?
When its shipped?
That's really what Im asking.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
I get that.
What I am asking is if they will ask for money before the truck arrives.
I dont see why they would, just asking.
Sept?
When its shipped?
With all the issues being spotted and flagged by our early adopter brethren, I am hoping and expecting to be able to put the vehicle I order through its paces on a test drive before finalizing payment.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sept?
When its shipped?

That'll be sorted out with your dealer, when they contact you.... I don't think anyone can give a more firm answer than that at this point

Local time
Reaction score
That'll be sorted out with your dealer, when they contact you.... I don't think anyone can give a more firm answer than that at this point
thank you anand.
Yeah, I would hate to drive it off the lot binging and bonging all the way home. lol

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
thank you anand.
Yeah, I would hate to drive it off the lot binging and bonging all the way home. lol
Mate from a Euro / Australian perspective, there are two payments after your reservation:

1. $5000 round up to secure your purchase. Then in the fullness of time you will then get your contract. Keep in mind the timing of this has been all over the place. In theory you should get it just before Ineos starts your build, so maybe 3-4 months before you get your car. In practice it has been somewhere between 6 months prior to build, to after it's been built. No doubt this step is a work in progress.
2. Just prior to delivery you will be contacted re final payment. Those in Europe have had to pay Ineos 48 hours before delivery. My intention is not to pay until the dealer confirms it is in the yard, has had it's PDI done, and is right to go defect free - a number of guys in Europe paid and then had to wait weeks for their vehicle (very poor form). In Australia we are also used to not paying until we pick up the car, so I'm not sure if the 48 hours thing will work, particularly for those who need finance.

Hope this helps.

Local time
Reaction score
Mate from a Euro / Australian perspective, there are two payments after your reservation:

1. $5000 round up to secure your purchase. Then in the fullness of time you will then get your contract. Keep in mind the timing of this has been all over the place. In theory you should get it just before Ineos starts your build, so maybe 3-4 months before you get your car. In practice it has been somewhere between 6 months prior to build, to after it's been built. No doubt this step is a work in progress.
2. Just prior to delivery you will be contacted re final payment. Those in Europe have had to pay Ineos 48 hours before delivery. My intention is not to pay until the dealer confirms it is in the yard, has had it's PDI done, and is right to go defect free - a number of guys in Europe paid and then had to wait weeks for their vehicle (very poor form). In Australia we are also used to not paying until we pick up the car, so I'm not sure if the 48 hours thing will work, particularly for those who need finance.

Hope this helps.
So you may be asked for 5k 6 months before build time, which would be several months perhaps before delivery and I assume the 5k is non refundable?
Hmmmm......Methinks Ineos is gonna have to reach down deep and hire some QC personnel before I start forking over cash.
So the 450 deposit is just to get you in the door basically.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
So you may be asked for 5k 6 months before build time, which would be several months perhaps before delivery and I assume the 5k is non refundable?
Hmmmm......Methinks Ineos is gonna have to reach down deep and hire some QC personnel before I start forking over cash.
$5,000 is fully refundable until you sign the contract.

Local time
Reaction score
I think the market will be rife with flippers for the first 12 months

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The system in the States in different than our RoW brothers. We are buying from dealerships and any further down payments will be negotiated with them. Greg said in a Q&A session that no additional deposits are required from IA. Until dealers are announced, however, we won't know any details, but once known, I would think the details will be posted on the forum.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The $450 was simply a fully refundable placeholder for a reservation, not specifically towards the vehicle

Local time
Reaction score
One would think that any dealer trying to build a brand for a new company in a super-niche market would be extending goodwill to the early adopters. They are already taking on significant risk with an unproven manufacturer in an era of supply-chain challenges and economic uncertainty. It would be foolish for them to nickel and dime the first tranche of pre-order holders.

I think that the new dealers are betting on this product gaining immediate popularity, with production alone being the rate limiting factor to sales. High demand will drive the prices higher, and those who took the early risk will have some built-in value.
Around me - MA - there's many dealerships with small sales volume luxury cars. I can see one of them using some space they have at another dealership to get this one up and going. If sales take off, then they can always get a bigger space for sales and service.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No. The ROW (Rest of the World) model with a 5K down payment, an emailed contract from Ineos and the AGENT model is what they used for sales in UK / Europe / AUS / Afrika. US gets the dealer model we are all familiar with, for better or worse. They have specifically said there will be no further down payments required for US orders.

During the pre-order process, it was explained that the early placeholders will get our orders filled ahead of general public orders. The dealers will be identified in the fall (Aug / Sept) and we will place our final orders through the dealer around then. The early orders will then go to production and hopefully be delivered in December. THEN you pay for your vehicle, just like any other car dealer.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
I just received this "Last Call" e-mail from Ineos:

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

FORGE AHEAD

(From now until June 30th)

Send us your pre-order and preferred delivery location by June 30th, and we’ll assign you a priority build slot according to when you placed your original reservation. We recommend getting your specification right first time, and you can look forward to being in the first group of Grenadier owners in the US and Canada.

STAY AHEAD OF THE CROWD
(June 30th onwards)

You’ll still be able to send us your pre-order after June 30th , but you’ll no longer have access to a priority build slot. Pre-orders are now open to customers without a reservation.

PRODUCTION AND DELIVERY UPDATE
(By July)

As soon as your pre-order is planned for production, we’ll be in touch with estimated build timing. Please note, your pre-order will not be visible in your online account until this time, and it might take some weeks for us to plan all pre-orders for production. So sit tight.

MEET YOUR RETAIL PARTNER
(From September)

Once we announce our retail partners, the partner covering your preferred delivery area will be in touch to finalize details and plan for delivery of your vehicle.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Takeaway, don't change your order or you might give up your spot in line.

Back
Top Bottom