The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
Hello folks,

In our history, we have not done detailed build threads. But I feel that this vehicle warrants the effort from the team. We will most likely trim comments to items that are relevant to our build as a source for other users to get detailed information about what we do and why. Less about wheels tires, suspension etc as that is not our area of expertise. We will tell you what we did with other vendors, how and why. But we will probably not answer a lot of questions about those areas of the build.

Thank you and we are very excited to build out our new Grenadier.

IMG_0683.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score
Ya know what would be sweet since we're making design commentary and putting in requests :) ? If after you flip the table down there was a 3" deep or so spice shelf to flip up at the top. nothing so deep as to obstruct a pot or end up as an accidental bun warmer, but something useful. it would also help to deflect spatter. I've never used these things because there's never anywhere to put the little shit, and I'd end up on a table anyway.

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
11:24 PM
Reaction score
Ya know what would be sweet since we're making design commentary and putting in requests :) ? If after you flip the table down there was a 3" deep or so spice shelf to flip up at the top. nothing so deep as to obstruct a pot or end up as an accidental bun warmer, but something useful. it would also help to deflect spatter. I've never used these things because there's never anywhere to put the little shit, and I'd end up on a table anyway.
That's a great idea, I will add it to the list. Thank you

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
So today, I got to see the 3D renderings and the first prototype rock sliders from Dissent Off Road. A few weeks ago, I detoured my trip back from Colorado so I could swing by their shop for the day so they could scan the front bumper and for rock sliders.

They look absolutely perfect. Built for abuse and still a decent sized step for functionality. They are known for designing purpose-built armor with an eye for maximizing performance and strength.

I should have them on the truck in the next couple of weeks and will post plenty of photos.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
So today, I got to see the 3D renderings and the first prototype rock sliders from Dissent Off Road. A few weeks ago, I detoured my trip back from Colorado so I could swing by their shop for the day so they could scan the front bumper and for rock sliders.

They look absolutely perfect. Built for abuse and still a decent sized step for functionality. They are know for designing purpose built armor with an eye for maximizing performance and strength.

I should have them on the truck in the next couple of weeks and will post plenty of photos.
Please post the rendering if'n you can. Some people are in the process picking up cars as we type, they (me) can still turn down the factory sliders if there's something better. While I'm not a fan of the Ineos design, I haven't seen anything else that is much more functional that they should demand twice the price.

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Please post the rendering if'n you can. Some people are in the process picking up cars as we type, they (me) can still turn down the factory sliders if there's something better. While I'm not a fan of the Ineos design, I haven't seen anything else that is much more functional that they should demand twice the price.
I was sworn to secrecy until they have time to test fit and ensure that it is all perfect.

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Next up on the build thread. 67 Designs Phone Mount. In full disclosure and per the rules of the forum, most components on the vehicle that we do not manufacture are given to us in sponsorship (really, they are our partners in builds) and just know that I am biased, but again, I can get nearly anything for nearly any vehicle, and these are the products that I trust and rely on. I did not pay for the 67 Designs products, but I do have hours of my time giving assistance to Gavin and his team to get the product to market.

I have been working with my great friend and business mentor, Gavin at 67 Designs. He is a world class person with several patents to his name, including quite a few that are presently being copied and sold on large format retail sites that you may have heard of. His designs are the original and like mentioned before, most likely patented, copied but never duplicated.

I have had several team members at Goose Gear over the years that purchased the knock off brand from an online mega player. They thought they had the best mount on the market, it worked good and looked pretty good. But, when those team members hop into one of the Goose Gear rigs and get to use the 67 Designs mounts, they understand why 67 is the leader and the maker of the best mounts on the market. 3 of 4 of the guys that ran copies switched to 67 within months of using the best.

I have been running 67 Designs in every vehicle that we have built since 2017. My original G2 Phone mount is still being used in the Ford Ranger and is 7 years old. Buy once, cry once.

Please keep in mind that the images shown are actually prototype parts and may look a but different from the production models.

The mount uses VHB tape and a couple of small screws that require you to drill pilot holes into the plastic trim around the radio. It is quite simple install and plenty strong.

Here is the link 67 Designs Grenadier Phone Mounts

In my images you will see that I have my phone and Owl Cam, he sent me the mount for a GoPro as well. This is a great upgrade to the Grenadier.

Small IMG_1411.jpg

Small IMG_1415.jpg
Please take note 1mph in Southern California traffic :cry:
Small IMG_1413.jpg

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hey @GooseGear. Could you ballpark the weight for the drawer system with the base and top plates? Also any more details for the "in development" option for more storage? Thanks!
We have listed most of the product weights on the site for the Grenadier now. The Side X Side drawer with the fitted top plate weighs 101# and the Rear Plate weighs 22#

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:24 AM
Reaction score
For those of you (like me) who have ordered the Goose Gear rear seat delete and rear plate system, I can provide an update. It is my understanding from Brian that current orders for the plate systems will be held an extra week to allow for the addition of attachment points for future upgrades that have not been disclosed (cue peeking around tree, rubbing hands together, and licking lips meme). Goose Gear also just recently hired a product designer who will be assigned the job of refining and completing the plans for the cubby add-ons, which have been teased but not fully disclosed for the plate system.

And now, from my perspective, we get to the really good stuff. If you've ordered a complete plate system from Goose Gear, you've no doubt wondered - why the hell can we in the U.S. not order as an accessory one of those nice, shiny full height cargo barriers that come standard with Ineos' 2 seat commercial vehicle available elsewhere? And it's a serious question, because if you have a complete flat plate behind the front two seats and tons of tied down or screwed down gear behind you (and perhaps even a strapped down dog crate), you're gonna want a full height cargo barrier behind the front two seats as an essential safety addition. Caveat though - it is currently unknown whether the Ineos OEM full height cargo barrier will even play well with the Goose Gear full plate system. So, after some inquiries, it is my understanding that Goose Gear *does* have plans to design and build a full height cargo barrier that will sit behind the front two seats and mesh well with their plate system. Kudos to Goose Gear for already planning on that! Plate systems and full height cargo barriers go together like peas and carrots, peanut butter and chocolate, or Jean and a trim removal tool!

One more tidbit to share - Goose Gear will soon have a new operating facility in Grand Junction, CO. Business is going well and one thing that has struck me about Brian and Goose Gear's business model is that as excited as they are to roll out product for the Grenadier, they are taking time to measure not twice, but many times over before finalizing their designs and products and bringing them to market to help ensure all of us early adopters are as future proofed as possible. Much respect for that.

*The opinions of Loc Nar are not necessarily those of Goose Gear, Inc. or its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, past, present, and future officers, directors, administrators, shareholders, employees, former employees, agents, successors, divisions, assigns, representatives, attorneys, insureds, insurers/carriers in their individual, corporate, or official capacities, and Brian.

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Product Update and More

The second-row deletes will be shipping out in the next couple of weeks. I appreciate everyone's patience; I just want to make sure that you all get something that is compatible with future design options. We have designed a second-row high platform that will mount on top of the second row delete. This additional space will sit at the same height as the Side X Side and Single Drawer Modules, creating a flat platform front to rear. The additional cargo space of the raised platform is going to be a game changer for the limited storage space in the Grenadier. It will be a 60/40 type split, but it will not match the second-row seat split for specific reasons that I will release in a video when it is done. We are taking into account for rear tables, weight distribution, ease of use and best use in the design. When you see the final product, it will make a lot of sense and we feel the best use of the space in this type of build.

For the Pop Top Alu-Cab interior, we will be following traditional Troopy Style interior design lines but with our own spin of course. As mentioned before, the rear plate and the second row delete will be the foundation of this interior system.

Thanks to @Gear for another great idea that we are working on as well. This layout will be worked on over the next several weeks and showcased in our Booth at Expo West. It will be a very minimalist layout and different than systems we have done in the past. But I am very excited for this ultra-light and minimal layout. And...as always, it will also be compatible with our rear plate and second row delete.

As some of you may know, we are moving Goose Gear to Grand Junction, CO in May so it has been quite hectic getting our new location sorted out and planning for the physical move itself. It is a lot to juggle, but we are progressing forward nicely and looking forward to being "Made in Colorado".

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
@GooseGear As a new Grenadier owner and GJ resident, I'm excited to have you in Mesa County! Lots of great things happening here!
I think I may have seen your rig at Peach Street Distillers last weekend. We are excited for the next chapter in GJ and thank you.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think I may have seen your rig at Peach Street Distillers last weekend. We are excited for the next chapter in GJ and thank you.
Related but unrelated - you should put a direct link to your website in your sig. It will make finding you easier.

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Dissent Sliders are installed, and they are epic. Unbelievably strong and the fitment is top notch. Since my truck was used to do the preliminary scans, I did not pay out of pocket for the sliders. I did do some great bartering, so this is kind of a sponsored product (in accordance with forum guidelines).

Having said that, I do recommend them. I know there are other brands such as Buzz and White Knuckle (I am sure others now that time has passed) and I have not seen the Buzz products in person, but I do run White Knuckle on my Ford Ranger, and they were very well built as well.

As for the Dissent Sliders, they knocked it out of the park, they look very clean and the lines on the sliders compliment the vehicle profile well.

IMG_1944 Small.jpg

IMG_1945 Small.jpg

IMG_1947 Small.jpg

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
For those of you (like me) who have ordered the Goose Gear rear seat delete and rear plate system, I can provide an update. It is my understanding from Brian that current orders for the plate systems will be held an extra week to allow for the addition of attachment points for future upgrades that have not been disclosed (cue peeking around tree, rubbing hands together, and licking lips meme). Goose Gear also just recently hired a product designer who will be assigned the job of refining and completing the plans for the cubby add-ons, which have been teased but not fully disclosed for the plate system.

And now, from my perspective, we get to the really good stuff. If you've ordered a complete plate system from Goose Gear, you've no doubt wondered - why the hell can we in the U.S. not order as an accessory one of those nice, shiny full height cargo barriers that come standard with Ineos' 2 seat commercial vehicle available elsewhere? And it's a serious question, because if you have a complete flat plate behind the front two seats and tons of tied down or screwed down gear behind you (and perhaps even a strapped down dog crate), you're gonna want a full height cargo barrier behind the front two seats as an essential safety addition. Caveat though - it is currently unknown whether the Ineos OEM full height cargo barrier will even play well with the Goose Gear full plate system. So, after some inquiries, it is my understanding that Goose Gear *does* have plans to design and build a full height cargo barrier that will sit behind the front two seats and mesh well with their plate system. Kudos to Goose Gear for already planning on that! Plate systems and full height cargo barriers go together like peas and carrots, peanut butter and chocolate, or Jean and a trim removal tool!

One more tidbit to share - Goose Gear will soon have a new operating facility in Grand Junction, CO. Business is going well and one thing that has struck me about Brian and Goose Gear's business model is that as excited as they are to roll out product for the Grenadier, they are taking time to measure not twice, but many times over before finalizing their designs and products and bringing them to market to help ensure all of us early adopters are as future proofed as possible. Much respect for that.

*The opinions of Loc Nar are not necessarily those of Goose Gear, Inc. or its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, past, present, and future officers, directors, administrators, shareholders, employees, former employees, agents, successors, divisions, assigns, representatives, attorneys, insureds, insurers/carriers in their individual, corporate, or official capacities, and Brian.
We expect to start shipping Second Row 100% Deletes later this week and into next week. Our goal is to get every order out prior to the start of the move to Colorado and get you your gear without any further delay. Thank you all for your understanding and patience. You will not be disappointed in the end product. I have never put this much time into another platform. But we want it to be an epic ecosystem that will accommodate multiple iterations as well as changes in needs as time goes on for people.

Thank you

Brian

NixGrenadier2023

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:24 PM
Reaction score
Dissent Sliders are installed, and they are epic. Unbelievably strong and the fitment is top notch. Since my truck was used to do the preliminary scans, I did not pay out of pocket for the sliders. I did do some great bartering, so this is kind of a sponsored product (in accordance with forum guidelines).

Having said that, I do recommend them. I know there are other brands such as Buzz and White Knuckle (I am sure others now that time has passed) and I have not seen the Buzz products in person, but I do run White Knuckle on my Ford Ranger, and they were very well built as well.

As for the Dissent Sliders, they knocked it out of the park, they look very clean and the lines on the sliders compliment the vehicle profile well.

View attachment 7852240

View attachment 7852241

View attachment 7852242
Impressive slider. Design and workmanship looks very good. I do have a comment though on the red chassis paint finish... What is going on with the transmission cross-member chips, peeling, and corrosion?

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Impressive slider. Design and workmanship looks very good. I do have a comment though on the red chassis paint finish... What is going on with the transmission cross-member chips, peeling, and corrosion?
I slung my phone under the rig and shot those photos. I did not see it until I brought it up on my laptop. I am going to check it out in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom