The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Goose Gear Systems for the Grenadier

Hello all,

Brian from Goose Gear here to say hi.

We got our Trialmaster just before Christmas and have just under 1000 miles on it. It definitely has some quirks, but I still love it.

We have big plans for the rig and it will be at all of the Overland Expos as well as a few other places.

We’re going to corner scale the vehicle this weekend and will post the weights of each corner. This is a new process for us that we’re excited to begin doing for all vehicle interiors we design.

Later of course we will cut off the roof and install the upcoming AluCab pop top.

Hope to see you on the trail someday.

Brian

gg_grenadier_thor_front_final-jpeg.7839611

gg_grenadier_thor_rear-jpeg.7839612

Attachments

• GG_Grenadier_Thor_Front_Final.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 716
  • GG_Grenadier_Thor_Rear.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 661
Last edited by a moderator:

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
Just checked out the photos of your Second Row Seat Delete Plate System

Nice work! A totally flat floor - that is exactly what (I think) most people were hoping for.

Might be helpful to provide one photo with all three "cubby" doors removed, so that people can see the access to the battery and other electronics. I'm interested in whether an ARB twin compressor might fit under there along with the dual batteries. If you have any thoughts on that - please share!

Thanks again for your work on this!
We took photos today and I will get them posted up in the next couple of days. You have access to both batteries and the CTek charge controller with the hatches removed. We made it this way so that you can service the batteries without having to remove the seat delete plate.

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Not to derail this thread discussing the Alucab conversion but it is not just a roof top tent. Once installed it it creates full standup height inside the vehicle basically turning it into a camper. The sleeping platform is hinged at the front and pushes up out of the way so you have the entire cargo area of the vehicle to move around. When you want to sleep you pull the sleeping platform down and climb into it from inside the vehicle. Most owners who choose to do this will build out the cargo area with storage and seating along the sides and a open area down the center. This is where Goose Gear comes in as they plan to offer this kind of system. The attached image is of a Toyota Troopy but gives you the general idea. View attachment 7840241
Well said. Thank you

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
As an aside - its a real bummer when one considers this example of how the "chicken tax" impacts the American consumer. In Europe, the 2-seater is around $2,500 cheaper than the 4-seater (if I remember correctly). If an American wants a 2-seater with a flat-floor, of course he/she could engineer their own solution, but consider the possible costs of the (excellent) after market solution provided by Goose Gear.

This is not a knock on Goose Gear! I am very grateful for their work on this, and I expect to purchase their product.

$2,500 extra for the 4-seater
$1,295 for the Goose Gear plate system
Our time to remove seats and install the plate system (of course, some people will pay an installer to do this work)

So that is $3,795 minimum (before tax and not including any one else's labor costs), and then what do you do with the rear seats? There will be almost no market for Grenadier rear seats until dogs and kids start 🤮 and 💩 on them :LOL:

I know this is a pointless rant, but what a waste of resources, money, and time.

AGAIN: this is not a knock on Goose Gear - they've done great work quickly bringing to market a really great product!

Watch out Colorado Grenadier owners, I have a plan for creating a market for second-hand rear seats:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP5x6nGBs9Y
When they originally listed the Grenadier way back in the day. I saw the option on the euro site to order without the rear seats and I thought perfect. That’s what I’m going to order. But then when I placed my order, it wasn’t an option here. But I still am happy to have the truck even with rear seats sitting in the attic.

I’d like to get on the list to sell my “bear repair” seats 😂

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Goose, with your plate system installed, what is the dimension from the back of the seat to the inside of the rear door? Looks very nice.
I am waiting on two pieces of hardware to come in next week. Then we will get detailed measurements for everyone. We designed an extension to the floor that makes it just over 6 feet long. Just over 1.8 meters.

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
FYI - the $1295 is just for the rear seat delete section. The rear plate system is an additional $795. The description of the rear seat delete offering states, "This product is designed to attach to the rear of the Goose Gear Rear Plate System and to utilize it as the secure mounting points creating a uniform and continuously flat surface from the back of the front seats to the rear of the vehicle."
You are correct. Thank you for clarifying.

Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
As noted by TCMBoulder folks looking for information on roof conversions will benefit from looking up the Alu-Cab roof conversions they already do on other vehicles such as the Land Cruiser and the Land Rover. The lucky folks in OZ also have two other companies doing roof conversions and some research brings up lots of photos. Be prepared to cry and drool USA.

Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
Not to derail this thread discussing the Alucab conversion but it is not just a roof top tent. Once installed it it creates full standup height inside the vehicle basically turning it into a camper. The sleeping platform is hinged at the front and pushes up out of the way so you have the entire cargo area of the vehicle to move around. When you want to sleep you pull the sleeping platform down and climb into it from inside the vehicle. Most owners who choose to do this will build out the cargo area with storage and seating along the sides and a open area down the center. This is where Goose Gear comes in as they plan to offer this kind of system. The attached image is of a Toyota Troopy but gives you the general idea. View attachment 7840241
Oh gee another drool-worthy conversion. Sigh. I'm not a mechanic so I dare not buy an "antique" vehicle no matter how lovingly it's been restored. Folks new to the concept, look up the information on importing vehicles which are over 25 years old (mostly Land Cruisers.)

Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
I think the thing behind the seat is just the euro winch cover plate tossed in the back
Yes correct. This the plastic cover for the EU version which is not fitted to the ROW(U.S. versions have Full Metal Bumpers) In the U.S. you get the "James Bond " Hingeable license plate bracket. Once Hinged upwards you have full access to the Winch.

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hello folks,

In our 10-year history, we have only done a few sales or discount type events. We're not Amazon, we actually build things with our hands and machines in our very own factory. We love what we do, and our team is amazing, we're not perfect. But we are always improving.

I am absolutely loving the Grenadier, even with all of its quirks. (random comment, I know, this is why other people typically do the posting and commenting, they stay on task better than I do)

For forum members, we are offering a discount code for 10% off of your Grenadier parts order. This will apply to Grenadier specific items and a few accessories. Please use TIF10 at checkout to get your discount. Thank you all for your support and providing valuable information and tons of feedback as we design our products for your rigs. If you have already placed an order and it has not shipped yet, don't fret, we will compensate you in some way. I hate when I buy something and then it goes on sale as much as you all do.

One more thing (not a rant, just an explanation), our shipping costs are extremely discounted from both FedEx and UPS and as mentioned above, we are not Amazon with a global fleet of trucks. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Our products are quite large and most of our packages are at the very limits that UPS or FedEx will carry for us. Due to their size and weight, they are very expensive to ship, very expensive. I am going to post a couple of recent quotes showing our true cost to ship the items so that you can see what it takes to get your parts to you. I challenge you to get better pricing than we do, and then share it so we can reduce our costs to you. ;)

And another note, as above, this is our 10-year anniversary, and I could not have done it without my incredible team and it's truly a blessing to do what we do. Thank you for your support and here's to the next 10 years 🍻 cheers.:D

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
This is absolutely fantastic and most welcome, Brian! No doubt, GG's shipping cost is fair, but it is still expensive due to the weight shipped and this code will help defray that cost! Will you please clarify whether this is a one use code? I know many of us are intrigued by the rear side storage options that have been teased. Also, will this code expire anytime soon? And kudos for retroactively applying the code. That's a level of coolness not often seen these days.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello folks,

In our 10-year history, we have only done a few sales or discount type events. We're not Amazon, we actually build things with our hands and machines in our very own factory. We love what we do, and our team is amazing, we're not perfect. But we are always improving.

I am absolutely loving the Grenadier, even with all of its quirks. (random comment, I know, this is why other people typically do the posting and commenting, they stay on task better than I do)

For forum members, we are offering a discount code for 10% off of your Grenadier parts order. This will apply to Grenadier specific items and a few accessories. Please use TIF10 at checkout to get your discount. Thank you all for your support and providing valuable information and tons of feedback as we design our products for your rigs. If you have already placed an order and it has not shipped yet, don't fret, we will compensate you in some way. I hate when I buy something and then it goes on sale as much as you all do.

One more thing (not a rant, just an explanation), our shipping costs are extremely discounted from both FedEx and UPS and as mentioned above, we are not Amazon with a global fleet of trucks. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Our products are quite large and most of our packages are at the very limits that UPS or FedEx will carry for us. Due to their size and weight, they are very expensive to ship, very expensive. I am going to post a couple of recent quotes showing our true cost to ship the items so that you can see what it takes to get your parts to you. I challenge you to get better pricing than we do, and then share it so we can reduce our costs to you. ;)

And another note, as above, this is our 10-year anniversary, and I could not have done it without my incredible team and it's truly a blessing to do what we do. Thank you for your support and here's to the next 10 years 🍻 cheers.:D
Exactly what I've been waiting for. You guys have been busy but I'm afraid there's no time to rest yet. Repeat customer. Some happy customer who bought my trade in 4runner is hopefully loving the drawers as much as I did.

Last edited:

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you
This is absolutely fantastic and most welcome, Brian! No doubt, GG's shipping cost is fair, but it is still expensive due to the weight shipped and this code will help defray that cost! Will you please clarify whether this is a one use code? I know many of us are intrigued by the rear side storage options that have been teased. Also, will this code expire anytime soon? And kudos for retroactively applying the code. That's a level of coolness not often seen these days.
Thank you, it is not a one-time code. We plan to leave it up for a bit.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good looking gear you guys are putting out. Since the IG is so tall, one of the top items on a lot of lists are sliders/steps. I’m in that boat. Are rock sliders on your list in the relatively near future? Thanks!

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Is it possible to have the top plate drilled to allow for reuse of the L track?
That’s a great idea. Mind if I steal it? It will still require some drilling, but I can mark the plate with the cnc machine so that you guys wouldn’t have to measure and ensure that it all fits perfect. I can add the required hardware kit for it as well.

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good looking gear you guys are putting out. Since the IG is so tall, one of the top items on a lot of lists are sliders/steps. I’m in that boat. Are rock sliders on your list in the relatively near future? Thanks!
Absolutely, the guys at Dissent Off Road scanned my rig a couple weeks ago to start developing them.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s a great idea. Mind if I steal it? It will still require some drilling, but I can mark the plate with the cnc machine so that you guys wouldn’t have to measure and ensure that it all fits perfect. I can add the required hardware kit for it as well.
Please do. I am certain you would do a better job than me!

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Please do. I am certain you would do a better job than me!
Yes, this is a great idea! I just ordered the rear delete and rear plate system and this pre-marking for the relocated L-Track would be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom