The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Goose Gear Systems for the Grenadier

Hello all,

Brian from Goose Gear here to say hi.

We got our Trialmaster just before Christmas and have just under 1000 miles on it. It definitely has some quirks, but I still love it.

We have big plans for the rig and it will be at all of the Overland Expos as well as a few other places.

We’re going to corner scale the vehicle this weekend and will post the weights of each corner. This is a new process for us that we’re excited to begin doing for all vehicle interiors we design.

Later of course we will cut off the roof and install the upcoming AluCab pop top.

Hope to see you on the trail someday.

Brian

gg_grenadier_thor_front_final-jpeg.7839611

gg_grenadier_thor_rear-jpeg.7839612

Attachments

• GG_Grenadier_Thor_Front_Final.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 717
  • GG_Grenadier_Thor_Rear.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 662
Last edited by a moderator:

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
Great to see Goose Gear getting involved with the Grenadier (that was five Gs in one sentence).

Another enthusiastic vote for a rear seat delete kit.

The Grenadier can be ordered as a 2-seater in Europe (and elsewhere?), but not here in North America. This is what the back looks like in the 2-seater (not sure what that object is behind the left front seat, but I don't think its fixed):

View attachment 7839689
View attachment 7839690

A flat floor after the removal of the second row of seats would be the goal for most people interested in removing the seats. An optional drawer system on top of that flat floor would also be pretty cool. Thanks for considering the request!
Everything you are talking about is in the works. We will have more photos next week. Thanks for the input, I truly appreciate it.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all,

We got our Trialmaster just before Christmas and have just under 1000 miles on it. It definitely has some quirks, but I still love it.

We have big plans for the rig and it will be at all of the Overland Expos as well as a few other places.

We’re going to corner scale the vehicle this weekend and will post the weights of each corner. This is a new process for us that we’re excited to begin doing for all vehicle interiors we design.

Later of course we will cut off the roof and install the upcoming AluCab pop top.

Brian
View attachment 7839611
View attachment 7839612
Welcome on board. Are you making wood trim for the Grenadier. I saw this youtube link and it looks great. Nice wood color. Let us know. DaBull
View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZwOi9ANctXs

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all,

Brian
View attachment 7839611
View attachment 7839612
Hi GooseGear, The upright portion of the rear seat in the Grenadier is very upright and not as comfortable for rear passengers. Some really nice aftermarket brackets are now available to allow the rear seat back to slant back approximately 2" further back at the top, thereby providing a much more comfortable rear seat back position for passengers, especially on longer trips. I have purchased the brackets and many others on the forum too., The reason I mention this is that when designing your drawer system for the rear portion only, it would be great if you took this into consideration when designing and building them so that the drawers would fit and not be too long. They brackets are super simple to install and I would be happy to send you mine overnight to you so that you could install them on your build and thereby take accurate measurements so your drawer system would work for those of us using these brackets. I have posted a couple links that show these brackets installed including videos showing the ease of installation along with how they effect the back slant. From detailed measurements on the links, you will see that the very top of the seat slants back exactly 55.20mm or 2.17". The best I can tell by looking at the photos, is that if your drawer system was 10-12" high, you would only need to shorten your drawers by approximately 1".
I know every inch in storage counts, however being able to accommodate those of us using the brackets would result in more orders for your drawer system. Just thought I would get this info to you now while you are in the design stage. I, like many may be interested in purchasing a drawer system from you and it would be great if your drawers would fit too. Let me know if you would like me to overnight my brackets to you at my expense. Please look carefully at all the photos and videos in these 2 links to get a better idea of the simple install as well as how they would affect drawer length, likely no more than an inch or so. DaBull

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155921256136?mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1262311641...d=link&campid=5338980679&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.
Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
It is actually done, photos will be posted next week. ;)
Just checked out the photos of your Second Row Seat Delete Plate System

Nice work! A totally flat floor - that is exactly what (I think) most people were hoping for.

Might be helpful to provide one photo with all three "cubby" doors removed, so that people can see the access to the battery and other electronics. I'm interested in whether an ARB twin compressor might fit under there along with the dual batteries. If you have any thoughts on that - please share!

Thanks again for your work on this!

Last edited:
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
Why do you have destroy the roof just for a roof top tent? There are many out there that are not as monstrously ugly as the allucab and simply mount on the roof.
Not to derail this thread discussing the Alucab conversion but it is not just a roof top tent. Once installed it it creates full standup height inside the vehicle basically turning it into a camper. The sleeping platform is hinged at the front and pushes up out of the way so you have the entire cargo area of the vehicle to move around. When you want to sleep you pull the sleeping platform down and climb into it from inside the vehicle. Most owners who choose to do this will build out the cargo area with storage and seating along the sides and a open area down the center. This is where Goose Gear comes in as they plan to offer this kind of system. The attached image is of a Toyota Troopy but gives you the general idea. IMG_3172.JPG

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
As an aside - its a real bummer when one considers this example of how the "chicken tax" impacts the American consumer. In Europe, the 2-seater is around $2,500 cheaper than the 4-seater (if I remember correctly). If an American wants a 2-seater with a flat-floor, of course he/she could engineer their own solution, but consider the possible costs of the (excellent) after market solution provided by Goose Gear.

This is not a knock on Goose Gear! I am very grateful for their work on this, and I expect to purchase their product.

$2,500 extra for the 4-seater
$1,295 for the Goose Gear plate system
Our time to remove seats and install the plate system (of course, some people will pay an installer to do this work)

So that is $3,795 minimum (before tax and not including any one else's labor costs), and then what do you do with the rear seats? There will be almost no market for Grenadier rear seats until dogs and kids start 🤮 and 💩 on them :LOL:

I know this is a pointless rant, but what a waste of resources, money, and time.

AGAIN: this is not a knock on Goose Gear - they've done great work quickly bringing to market a really great product!

Watch out Colorado Grenadier owners, I have a plan for creating a market for second-hand rear seats:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP5x6nGBs9Y

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Goose, with your plate system installed, what is the dimension from the back of the seat to the inside of the rear door? Looks very nice.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
Our time to remove seats and install the plate system (of course, some people will pay an installer to do this work)

So that is $3,795 minimum (before tax and not including any one else's labor costs), and then what do you do with the rear seats? There will be almost no market for Grenadier rear seats until dogs and kids start 🤮 and 💩 on them :LOL:
FYI - the $1295 is just for the rear seat delete section. The rear plate system is an additional $795. The description of the rear seat delete offering states, "This product is designed to attach to the rear of the Goose Gear Rear Plate System and to utilize it as the secure mounting points creating a uniform and continuously flat surface from the back of the front seats to the rear of the vehicle."

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
As an aside - its a real bummer when one considers this example of how the "chicken tax" impacts the American consumer. In Europe, the 2-seater is around $2,500 cheaper than the 4-seater (if I remember correctly). If an American wants a 2-seater with a flat-floor, of course he/she could engineer their own solution, but consider the possible costs of the (excellent) after market solution provided by Goose Gear.

This is not a knock on Goose Gear! I am very grateful for their work on this, and I expect to purchase their product.

I know this is a pointless rant, but what a waste of resources, money, and time.

AGAIN: this is not a knock on Goose Gear - they've done great work quickly bringing to market a really great product!

Watch out Colorado Grenadier owners, I have a plan for creating a market for second-hand rear seats:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP5x6nGBs9Y
I can't figure out your point. I've lived in the USA all my life and never heard of a chicken tax (even though I do not eat chickens). Then you apologize to Goose for what(?), and praise their product. Then you state the costs ($2,500 extra for the 4-seater, huh?) and then you claim it's a waste of money and then you praise them again.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
I can't figure out your point. I've lived in the USA all my life and never heard of a chicken tax (even though I do not eat chickens). Then you apologize to Goose for what(?), and praise their product. Then you state the costs ($2,500 extra for the 4-seater, huh?) and then you claim it's a waste of money and then you praise them again.
The Chicken Tax has been discussed here before, but as it relates to the IG, it would cost IA more money to import a 2-seat utility version of the IG because of an additional tariff. I believe his point was that some ultimately pay more for what they want because they have no option whether or not they want the rear seats.

The wikipidia entrance on THE CHICKEN TAX is pretty good.

Local time
Reaction score
Why do you have destroy the roof just for a roof top tent? There are many out there that are not as monstrously ugly as the allucab and simply mount on the roof.

You do not have to "destroy the roof" to install a roof top tent - if you want a roof top tent on your Grenadier you can put one up the way you would on any other vehicle.

The Alu-cab camper being discussed here is not a roof top tent, it is a "canopy camper" or - as we say in the US a "wedge camper", which is very different than a roof top tent. You can google "wedge camper" or check out these two links for more information:

Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Go-Fast Wedge Camper

I described it as a "rant" so there wasn't really a point; rather, I was expressing frustration that - here in the U.S. - the 2-seater version of the Grenadier is not available. This is a consequence of something called the "Chicken Tax" (as with Alu-Cab's canopy camper, this is something you can find with a quick google).

In Europe, the 2-seater is $2,500 less than the 4-seater. So... if an American wants a 2-seater they have to:

(1) Buy a four-seater
(2) Remove the rear seats (which they did not want) and then either store them somewhere, or try to find a home for them elsewhere
(3) Either buy, or develop their own, flat-floor system

At no point did I "apologize" to Goose Gear. Rather, I was making it very clear - or so I thought - that my gripe was with the Chicken Tax, which is a tariff implemented by the U.S. Government, and has nothing to do with Goose Gear.

Maybe I am misreading you - but in both your posts here you sound kind of ticked off. But in both your posts your apparent frustration is rooted in a misunderstanding of the topic.

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Just about to jump on and ask the same question. Looks like the roof panel too.
It will be available in the next couple of months. Right now the focus is on the Goose Gear Plate System and Modules. But it will come soon.

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Looks awesome!

It all depends upon what YOU want for your rig. There really is only one right answer and that is the one that you want to build. In my case, I’m cutting the roof off with great pleasure. Because I know the future that it will bring once we get the interior done. It’s certainly not for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom