The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
Hello folks,

In our history, we have not done detailed build threads. But I feel that this vehicle warrants the effort from the team. We will most likely trim comments to items that are relevant to our build as a source for other users to get detailed information about what we do and why. Less about wheels tires, suspension etc as that is not our area of expertise. We will tell you what we did with other vendors, how and why. But we will probably not answer a lot of questions about those areas of the build.

Thank you and we are very excited to build out our new Grenadier.

IMG_0683.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
Are you pulling the factory bumper off? I would be curious if the middle section is bolted to the wings of the bumper.

It is, the OEM bumper is multiple pieces put together to ease replacement

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Second Row Delete Battery Access Images

Here are some more detailed shots of the access to the power systems that are hiding under the seat delete.

We designed the seat delete to allow for access to the necessary electrical systems without having to remove the seat delete. Of course, the access is limited, but you can remove the batteries if needed and service the other electrical items fairly easily. If you plan on doing significant electrical work, like adding your own second battery later etc, we recommend removing the seat delete for ease of access.

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

In the center hatch area there is a good amount of room available in front of the CTek charge controller. We have plans to design a box that will mount in front of the charge controller that you could use for additional storage and still maintain the safety of not having stuff rolling around. Our concern is that we wouldn't want anyone to put anything conductive in this area. This area is exposed to both batteries and could pose a potential issue if a metallic object came into contact with the battery terminals.

IMG_1084.jpg

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Without derailing Brian's thread here; the Grenadier wasn't designed for crawling, or, for that matter, ridiculous obstacles in general. It is a expedition/travel style vehicle, and for that use, especially in the overall global travel circles, you won't find most vehicles of this size on 35s or larger (ignoring the Icelandic agent putting 37s on these). My view on the "theory" is to make a vehicle that is capable, and if something like a tire gets destroyed in the middle of no where, you can easily find a replacement in the proper size. I understand that plenty of us will be moving to larger tires, increased ride height, etc; but as with most other vehicles, you're moving outside the design parameters, and have to expect that other problems will be created because of it.

So true but I think we'll see more and more hardcore equipment for Grenadiers which is a bit of a shame. For those that are considering such an approach I suggest think you think of it this way...

If you roll a Jeep it's no big deal. You swap out a few parts like the plastic top, the roll bar, and maybe the windshield. You're back on the trail in a week.

You roll a Grenadier and you've got a $100K parts rig.

Low lift. Modest tires. Keep the shiny side up boys.

Local time
Reaction score
I will be at Dissent Off Road on Monday for bumper scanning. At that time I will get some photos. I don’t think it is a big deal to clearance this item. If I wanted 35’s I wouldn’t hesitate. But I think I’m good with 34’s for now.
Tell Dissent that if they can build a center insert that can mount an 8274 that would be ideal…

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Tell Dissent that if they can build a center insert that can mount an 8274 that would be ideal…
I will mention it and see what they say. It will be interesting to see if it will block too much of the radiator. But they’re the experts, so I will just ask.

Last edited:

TWExplor

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am starting to plan my build which would include a complete rear seat delete and was envisioning placing a fridge on a Solo Fridge Slide (standard). The fridge would be placed directly behind the front passenger seat with slide out access through the right rear passenger door. Looking at pictures of the battery access hatches and mounting options for the Solo Fridge Slide, I am not sure a) if the bolt holes would line up with those available on the plate, and b) if the fridge slide would have clearance to pass through the door frame.

I am trying to keep the fridge location as close to center line as possible for weight distribution as well as ease of access from inside and out. For reference, the build is going to include the Alu-Cab roof conversion (already pre-ordered) and a drawer/bench/convertible bed system.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you think the angle of opening is wide enough for a fridge slide?

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
That is most definitely one of my questions. The standard fridge slide lists an external width of 18 5/8inches.
I will check, but I am pretty sure that it will not clear the doorway. The only vehicles that easily allow a fridge slide access through the doorway are the Tacoma and most double can full size trucks.

DezRoamer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
I saw the rear seat delete on the website, I plan on this being the next mod for my Grenadier. And installing REDARC Manager 30 simultainiously.
I have a few questions and II'll try calling later this week.

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Do you think the angle of opening is wide enough for a fridge slide?
There is not enough room for the fridge slide to come out the side door. I have found that this does not work in most vehicles as the opening of the for angle is not far enough.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is not enough room for the fridge slide to come out the side door. I have found that this does not work in most vehicles as the opening of the for angle is not far enough.
That was what I expected but it never hurts to check. That would make life easier though.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That was what I expected but it never hurts to check. That would make life easier though.
They're less efficient, but a drawer style or upright fridge might work through one of the side doors if you wanted to preserve rear cargo space.

TWExplor

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Appreciate you checking on this. A possible fix might be replacing/removing the Door Check that limits the opening angle. Then either installing a longer Door Check or using a limiting strap instead.

Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
Question for @GooseGear

Does the rear seat delete and the installation of the full plate system (i.e. the totally flat floor behind the two front seats) prevent the front seats from tilting back at all, or do they have full range of motion?

EDIT: Just saw some more photos - it is clear that the seats will go back all the way. No need to reply - thanks!

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Appreciate you checking on this. A possible fix might be replacing/removing the Door Check that limits the opening angle. Then either installing a longer Door Check or using a limiting strap instead.
I know that the Jeep market has similar items. It might help the issue.

GooseGear

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, so it has been a minute. We installed my favorite layout in the truck with the second-row seats reinstalled for photos. The CampKitchen and single drawer option is called Brian's Favorite on our site and has proven to be a solid addition to any rig. This is the configuration I will run in my Grenadier until we cut off the roof.

The system consists of our CampKitchen 2.2 which works perfectly with National Luna Dual Zone 50 and Cook Partner Stoves, 18", 20" or 22".

Small IMG_1072.jpg

View attachment IMG_1073.jpg

More notes, if you would like to maximize the space above the wheel wells and into the window cavities, you will need to order the Brian's Favorite Package with the rectangular top plate and not the fitted top plate as it will not be compatible with our future product.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom