The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Any contracts signed in 2023?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
I am not convinced that the delays are only due to legal reasons - contracts etc.

We know that all PTO and test drive vehicles were operated without functioning airbags and lockers. That was the case until the end of 2022. So obviously Ineos couldn't test those parts.

Now there are rumors that a certain firmware in the cars, especially related to the airbags, is the culprit. I'm not surprised by that. It looks like the company had - for whatever reason - delayed airbag testing too long, and now they're footing the bill. There could be other problems, too, but it's the airbag thing in particular that's leaked to the public.

I imagine that since airbags are a very critical component for various reasons (explosives ...), they are subject to intensive testing and approval procedures. And the moment a government agency is involved, you can just forget about any timeline.

Everything else - international contracts and global rollout - may be new to Ineos Automotive, but not to Ineos. I suspect that Ineos has a worldwide network of the best lawyers that can be afforded, and they would of course act for Ineos Automotive for a fee if it were necessary.

But the approval process for a product is a regulatory thing, there's nothing you can do about it. I once built a house. With an approval process that is actually a purely routine matter. But it took months to get through the regulatory process, and there was just nothing I could do but wait.

If an airbag system doesn't work properly or there's a tiny error, if even an indicator light doesn't light up properly, the thing hangs with the authorities and many tasks in the process have to be worked through from the beginning.
The lockers worked in my PTO2 test drive! Not very fast but they did!

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score
I am not convinced that the delays are only due to legal reasons - contracts etc.

We know that all PTO and test drive vehicles were operated without functioning airbags and lockers. That was the case until the end of 2022. So obviously Ineos couldn't test those parts.

Now there are rumors that a certain firmware in the cars, especially related to the airbags, is the culprit. I'm not surprised by that. It looks like the company had - for whatever reason - delayed airbag testing too long, and now they're footing the bill. There could be other problems, too, but it's the airbag thing in particular that's leaked to the public.

I imagine that since airbags are a very critical component for various reasons (explosives ...), they are subject to intensive testing and approval procedures. And the moment a government agency is involved, you can just forget about any timeline.

Everything else - international contracts and global rollout - may be new to Ineos Automotive, but not to Ineos. I suspect that Ineos has a worldwide network of the best lawyers that can be afforded, and they would of course act for Ineos Automotive for a fee if it were necessary.

But the approval process for a product is a regulatory thing, there's nothing you can do about it. I once built a house. With an approval process that is actually a purely routine matter. But it took months to get through the regulatory process, and there was just nothing I could do but wait.

If an airbag system doesn't work properly or there's a tiny error, if even an indicator light doesn't light up properly, the thing hangs with the authorities and many tasks in the process have to be worked through from the beginning.

Awaiting US Gov't approval is why I am very doubtful we will see 2023 deliveries here in the US. Even if it is going well it always takes longer when working with our govt. And all it takes is one issue to create a significant delay. My company does work for the Veteran's Administration and it always takes longer than scheduled to get approvals, new contracts signed, etc.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:21 PM
Reaction score
Not at all but when you say you watched a couple of dragon flies having sex and then went for a run it kind of sounds a bit like you had a choice of a shower or a run
No but whilst I was nature watching, my wife walked a big circuit of the local reserve and to meet her back at the car in a timely fashion I decided to do the long uphill run.
I am in training after all 😊

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
The lockers worked in my PTO2 test drive! Not very fast but they did!
Maybe I was wrong with the lockers. But I remember they couldn't be used for quite some time - or weren't fitted at all.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone been swept away with an avalanche of contracts this week??
Not yet - but on 26 January INEOS advised me my car was produced on 25 January.

Then on Saturday, I received an email from INEOS saying my contract will be sent by end of January or early February.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
Not yet - but on 26 January INEOS advised me my car was produced on 25 January.

Then on Saturday, I received an email from INEOS saying my contract will be sent by end of January or early February.
Great news and hard evidence they are building cars irrespective of contract status!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has any Aussie's yet received contract or any other communication at all? I have not heard a blip from IA... in months. My log in page has no build date or contract date anything. Local dealer did say however we had a March build date which they must be able to see via their own portal. But still haha... send me an email! Keep my mind at peace!

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The last communication was an email on 9th December indicating I should finalise the specification as the car would be going to production soon.

With the press embargo lifting on 8th Feb, even if a contract did arrive in the next few days, I'll hold off until after the embargo, it's not like waiting another week to sign the contract is going to make a difference.

Gormanchov

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The last communication was an email on 9th December indicating I should finalise the specification as the car would be going to production soon.

With the press embargo lifting on 8th Feb, even if a contract did arrive in the next few days, I'll hold off until after the embargo, it's not like waiting another week to sign the contract is going to make a difference.
Guidance I was given is you have 10 days from receiving the contract to sign so you’re good.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Guidance I was given is you have 10 days from receiving the contract to sign so you’re good.
I received similar advice from Brisbane agent/dealer less than 2 weeks ago. The explanation was that the 10 days is the notional time between notifying you and anticipated build commencement ... so sign up asap!😉

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
Has any Aussie's yet received contract or any other communication at all? I have not heard a blip from IA... in months. My log in page has no build date or contract date anything. Local dealer did say however we had a March build date which they must be able to see via their own portal. But still haha... send me an email! Keep my mind at peace!
Nope still waiting patiently. Originally had a 24Jan build date but now apparently "Feb" looks likely.

Back
Top Bottom