The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

WOW! Got this today ...

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
Just have concerns over so many 'anomalies' in the ordering process to date. With this latest email - within My Account unable to obtain
Order Summary and only have until 8th July to check that the order is correct.
Like many other Forum members I'm confident in the vehicle being worth the wait despite only seeing it in a showroom at Chiswick but
the process including responses to enquiry 'tickets' needs to improve.

Fox2000

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly the same for me simonpa I cannot check the order. They have a problem on this for sure.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
Yes, gentlemen, that's the new world of computers and artificial intelligence.

However, as a software developer, I think artificial intelligence is even worse than real stupidity.

Leapoffaith

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Bit late to this debate and been through similar as above. Someone ringing me next week to discuss changes. Not sure they are going to like me adding diff locks and wiring looms but then they should have made this clear and had better advice on the website before the May order date. As you say 65k is a lot to hand over on non detailed information, if you can’t change it up to your final order date. 

Local time
Reaction score
I've had the same issues. They want the contract signed by 8th July. I believe my build slot was originally September, but now October. I've been trying to get some idea of the difference between the residual values of diesel  compared with petrol, but I can't find any. Don't do a lot of mileage but do occaisional long runs, and decided to change my origial spec from petrol to diesel, because I think it suits that type for vehicle better. They have eventually come back to me to say that if I change it will delay my build slot.
I have never bought a vehicle without driving one beforehand. we've only had their pundits (paid?) telling us how wonderful it is (they're not going to do otherwise are they?)
In addition to the above, I've sadly reached the conclusion that they're building a dinasaur. I'm sure it will be a very good dinasaur, but with the political pressures to go green, I don't think it's a good time to introduce another big internal combustion engined car because fuel costs are likely to soar even further (if for no other reason than political taxes on carbon fuels). We have heard rumours about hydrogen power, but when?, And Hydrogen cells wont fuel internal combustion engines.
Upshot is, I was really looking forward to getting my Grenadier, but I'm now disillusioned, and no Ineos, I'm not exited.
I will be asking for deposit back today. I already have a dinasaur (Landy 90 300tDi). Needs a new chassis (already ordered), and I've decided to spend some more on that, rather than go into the unknown with a £70+ grand price tag.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, today is the 4th. 
They will get back to you. Keep calm and rejoice ?

Fox2000

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Same problem here. Ordered and got delivery date September. Road tax treatment means I will go for the SW rather than car version. Unable to change anything on system or even see the spec I have signed up to. Got a really friendly contact from the gen mgr of the dealership who’s trying to help but so far still stuck. I am worried they will move the delivery date, the pcp residual might be poor and that footwell issue. Otherwise really keen. 

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Nomad 300. OK, my error, but it doesn't really make any difference. I've asked for my deposit back now, so if I eventually want one, it will a long way down the line. Anyway, I like the Landy, which when I've done it will have a nice galvanised chassis - unlike the powder coated Grenadier.

Local time
10:03 PM
Reaction score
Asking for a signed contract and full commitment without first tabling the finance options, residuals etc. is not how I've ever purchased a new vehicle. It's usual to a) to see the phyical vehicle first, b) have a test drive  and c) be clear on all of the figures and purchase options before committing to buy. At this stage I haven't even seen anything coherent on the ongoing servicing plan. With a price tag this high I shan't be putting pen to paper unless there's full transparency up front (mine's due Nov).

Fox2000

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=SteveB userid=8997089 postid=1332961082]Asking for a signed contract and full commitment without first tabling the finance options, residuals etc. is not how I've ever purchased a new vehicle. It's usual to a) to see the phyical vehicle first, b) have a test drive  and c) be clear on all of the figures and purchase options before committing to buy. At this stage I haven't even seen anything coherent on the ongoing servicing plan. With a price tag this high I shan't be putting pen to paper unless there's full transparency up front (mine's due Nov).[/QUOTE]

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Ineos website still won't allow me to see my Order Summary saying ' currently unavailable please try later '.  BUT the cut off for making
changes is Friday 8th so naturally I want to check that all is as I wanted prior to then.
I really do believe that someone within senior management at Ineos Automotive should be more actively involved with addressing and
correcting these ongoing problems which are now making prospective purchasers think twice and move to another manufacturer.
Great shame as vehicle although only driven and reviewd by Ineos staff ( and their pundits ) appears to be very good in all respects
and appealing to many people but with a high purchase price / no test drive prior to signing of 'final' contract and poor (ongoing )
customer service it doesn't bode well for the future.

Fox2000

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Conclusion: INEOS need to do the following fast.
1. fix the website ordering process
2. Get some vehicles available to test drive
3. communicate what is happening on known questions such as the footwell ergonomics.

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Totally agree  but why won't Ineos acknowledge this and do something about it ?

Those of us who were 'early handraisers'  and have now paid the full deposit showed our faith 
in the product and company behind it so surely we should be treated with a bit more respect.
Any company in this current climate wins or loses by its attitude and commitment to potential
and current customers.

I sincerely hope that these comments from myself and other forum members do reach those within
Ineos who are able to bring about the changes necessary.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
If one could filter the outsourced services from the Ineos driven services, one could for sure see where the culprit is.

And I don't think, it's Ineos.

At worst, the Ineos responsibles which picked the companies to which things were outsourced are part of the culprit. But not Ineos as a whole. I can not imagine that.

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
and now...............the Ineos Grenadier website is 'down' due to 'overwhelming'  demand !!

Maybe though this is a good sign that something IS being done - let's hope so.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
It is normal for websites to go offline for maintenance. Usually this happens in the middle of the night in the country that it is based in and so nobody notices it. The problem with global sites is that there is always someone awake and watching.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Fox2000 userid=9025586 postid=1332961597]Conclusion: INEOS need to do the following fast.
1. fix the website ordering process
2. Get some vehicles available to test drive
3. communicate what is happening on known questions such as the footwell ergonomics.
[/QUOTE]
I guess we all need to keep in mind that they will be getting hundreds (thousands???) of questions and while our questions are important to us they may not be on the top of the list of questions being asked. 
  1. The website process issues seem to be country specific not universal.
  2. Production starts in July and we have been told months ago that demo production vehicles will be available after this date. If it isn't a true production vehicle then there is no point test driving it.
  3. The footwell problems are only applicable to right hand drive markets, like mine, and may or may not apply to the production model. I think these complaints have been repeated over and over by you tubers who have never even driven it. They just keep regurgitating other peoples comments. 
  4. Even the fuel tank size only effects certain markets and customer types, like me in Australia. Keeping in mind that I don't want to be driving around with 130 litres in the tank on 90% of the days anyway. Just added weight to impact fuel economy. 50 litres will do me most of the time.  

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
You can feel frustration, disappointment, anticipation, excitement and enthusiasm when you read through the comments and personal feedbacks here.

I sometimes also complain about the service, or that no one has contacted me from the local distributor to date and that you really have to be patient with INEOS for some things, like payment, changes on the pre-order etc.. 

INEOS will go through the learning curve with and thanks to us and hopefully pick up a lot. In the short time they have already achieved quite a lot, certainly also thanks to experts from the automotive industry, and I still feel more noticed than when I order just a SUV from Mercedes.

What I can't quite figure out, and maybe I missed earlier promises here, but I never had the pre-delivery expectation of being able to drive a Grenadier myself - not if I want to be one of the first to get my Grenadier delivered. If I had the expectation of driving a Grenadier myself beforehand, I think I would know that I would have to wait a few more months. So I can't quite understand the criticism when today people complain that contracts are supposed to be fixed for early delivery dates, but they didn't have the opportunity to test drive as a driver. If you are still skeptical and need your own driving impression, you can be patient for a few more months and order a little later. Or was that promised differently beforehand?

Well, I have to say that I had a test drive as a passenger, have been following the project for a very long time, prefer to drive the Defender from my various cars and in a way I am a car nerd and am looking forward to the Grenadier. Maybe that distorts some objectivity and explains the lower frustration.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
Copy and paste from the above ?

Local time
Reaction score
I think you make some good points Cavaleiro. I think my frustration is probably based around the promise of retaillers/dealers being announced in UK in June.
I had expected (probaly mistakenly) a few pre-production vehicles to be around for the dealers. I would have had no problem driving some distance to experience one. I had also expected the contract time to be closer to delivery time. I've also followed the story right from the start, and agree that Ineos have come a long way from a standing start and are probably suffering from their own successsful publicity.
I paid my £450 right at the beginning, and the following £2050 promptly, so I made an early commitment. I'm in Anglesey, and my nearest dealer will be in Chester (Halliwell Jones apparantly but they won't acknowledge it).
I've thought a lot about it over the last few months, and although my Defender needs a lot of work, I've decided that in todays environmental situation that I will keep the Defender with a big refurb for days out in the country, and get something electric as well.
I wish Ineos well, hope they get something green up and running quickly, but I will have missed the early adopters boat. C'est la vie!

Back
Top Bottom