The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

WOW! Got this today ...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
A few minutes ago I got this EMail from Ineos (google translation).
Did anybody else get this?

My production slot is October this year ...

I'd dare say, they are almost a bit too fast. ?

Hello ...,

the final phase of Grenadier development has been reached. Our final prototypes roll off the assembly line for production testing; we are also completing the tests for our manufacturing and logistics processes. This means that the start of series production is getting closer and closer. Our whole team is very excited to be able to hand over the Grenadier to its new owners - including you. You're probably a little excited too, aren't you?

Your Grenadier order is being processed. However, we need a few things from you so that we can start production:

1. Confirmation of your chosen specification
2. Your signed sales contract.

We would also like to inform you about financing and picking up your Grenadier.

Confirmation of your specification
We must finalize your order by July 8, 2022. After that, no more changes to your specification are possible.

If you're happy with the specification you chose, you don't have to do anything. We will then continue to process your existing order as you placed it. You can view your specification by logging into your account here and selecting "Orders".

If you would like to make minor changes to your Grenadier order, please click on the link below.

Signing your contract
You will shortly receive your contract, which you must sign before we can finally complete your order. Based on the purchase contract, we can allocate your Grenadier to you.

Note: Once you have signed the contract and sent it back, your deposit cannot be refunded.

Final payment
Once we have received the signed contract we will contact you to discuss how you can pay the balance due before delivery. There are various financing options to choose from, which you can view here. You can also talk to your retail partner about a trade-in.

The configurator has a separate financing calculator that will help you choose the right option.

Picking up your Grenadier
Then comes the day when you can pick up your Grenadier from your retail partner. You will receive confirmation of the exact handover date from us shortly beforehand.

Note: We will give you a date for the handover that is as precise as possible - but this can change. Should there be any significant changes in the production and delivery of your Grenadier, we will inform you accordingly.

We all want to thank you for your amazing support of the Grenadier project. Getting here has been a great adventure and the finish line is in sight! The INEOS Grenadier team.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got it also with the same date for finalising my order. My production slot is September this year.
„Minor changes“ they say, but what does it mean?  I will learn that very soon when I do some changes.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
As it seems, they are about to definitely fix the deals - before one jumps off the boat ... ?

I had preferred to see "Sterling Silver" before. But ok, an early delivery is ok - though a bit unexpected. I don't like surprises of that kind.

On the other hand: How could they otherwise start production?  No contracts - no work.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:48 PM
Reaction score
Hi Emax never saw your original post. ?

Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
I’d be interested as to the definition of ‘minor changes’. Bearing in mind that for many of us it hasn’t yet been possible to view an actual vehicle let alone test drive one, I would expect a degree of realistic flexibility with a suitable lead in before contract & production is committed.

Local time
Reaction score
According to my dealer they cant change anything  the change can only be done by Ineos as thy dont have access to the dealer portal yet.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
@emax thanks for sharing the email, very exciting indeed. Also thanks to you and others for being an early adopters, which keeps the whole journey and dream alive for others.

Bjoern

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi emax, also got that email yesterday and the final date is 8.th of July too.

I must confess, that I have some mixed feelings about that: Of course, it‘s great that this hole thing is getting started! :) But for me personally it has been always a restriction for a purchase that I want to drive a Grenadier by myself before signing a contract. At the end of the day we are talking about paying more than 75 grand for a whole new car never driven by other people than those who are working at or for INEOS.

„Zwei Herzen in meiner Brust…“

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting development emax, tks for sharing. agree with others that a drive in one would be preferable before handing over large amounts of cash but seems not poss for the early deliveries. Im down still for production Feb next year. 

still toying with either paying cash or having the 'hand it back if naff' security of finance through one of their partners

Local time
Reaction score
One of the unknowns right now is what residual valuations they'll be attaching to the vehicle which in turn will affect the PCP calculations. One problem with a brand new vehicle and manufacturer is that you just don't have a gauge as to what the depreciation risk will be like. For that reason it's probably preferable to shift some of that over to the finance provider but the trade off is at what interest cost. At present I haven't seen any proposed finance plans.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly my conundrum SteveB. Will see whats offered when time comes in way of interest. 

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi ECrider. Pay cash=don’t like it,drive it home, put it on eBay and double your money??

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Haha, new i shldve gone long and ordered a few more!!! Pork Bellies!!!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Bjoern userid=9014913 postid=1332948551]Hi emax, also got that email yesterday and the final date is 8.th of July too.
I must confess, that I have some mixed feelings about that ...
[/QUOTE]
It's easy to climb a five meter diving board. But jumping is something else.

[QUOTE username=Bjoern userid=9014913 postid=1332948551]
„Zwei Herzen in meiner Brust…“
[/quote]
Goethe. ?
Your name be "Faust". ;-)

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just curious: For the ones who received an email alert to sign the contract already, has the production date on your Ineos Account changed from October 2022 to September?

Bjoern

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
IGPop: It has been September from the beginning, so no change in my Account.

emax: Absolutely! But if it is a totally new pool, it could make sense to take a second and check the depth before the first jump… :)

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I also received the mail and pressed the button "change my configuration" in the hope of landing directly in the Configurator.Result: a browser page opens and you get a message that someone from Ineos will contact you to discuss the minor changes.

Maybe then you have a chance to change the amount of accessories for the roof rack.

I am convinced of the car, even just after a test drive as a passenger only. I'm just still struggling with the question: diesel or petrol and currently have the order still running on petrol because of all the harassment of diesel vehicles. Main usage = Overlander, traveling through Europe.

Looking forward to September and curious if they  will really manage it to deliver this autumn. 

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=IG Pop userid=9004432 postid=1332948810]Just curious: For the ones who received an email alert to sign the contract already, has the production date on your Ineos Account changed from October 2022 to September?[/QUOTE]

Mine was October and still is - just checked (and I got the same email as emax)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have also received the mail. No changes on my part. Now I'm waiting for the friendly IG employee to come and collect the cash from me and tell me when I can collect my IG from the distributor in September. I have full confidence! That is what many people have lost over time.

Back
Top Bottom