The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

WOW! Got this today ...

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:09 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Cavaleiro userid=8998805 postid=1332967029]You can feel frustration, disappointment, anticipation, excitement and enthusiasm when you read through the comments and personal feedbacks here.

I sometimes also complain about the service, or that no one has contacted me from the local distributor to date and that you really have to be patient with INEOS for some things, like payment, changes on the pre-order etc.. 

INEOS will go through the learning curve with and thanks to us and hopefully pick up a lot. In the short time they have already achieved quite a lot, certainly also thanks to experts from the automotive industry, and I still feel more noticed than when I order just a SUV from Mercedes.

What I can't quite figure out, and maybe I missed earlier promises here, but I never had the pre-delivery expectation of being able to drive a Grenadier myself - not if I want to be one of the first to get my Grenadier delivered. If I had the expectation of driving a Grenadier myself beforehand, I think I would know that I would have to wait a few more months. So I can't quite understand the criticism when today people complain that contracts are supposed to be fixed for early delivery dates, but they didn't have the opportunity to test drive as a driver. If you are still skeptical and need your own driving impression, you can be patient for a few more months and order a little later. Or was that promised differently beforehand?

Well, I have to say that I had a test drive as a passenger, have been following the project for a very long time, prefer to drive the Defender from my various cars and in a way I am a car nerd and am looking forward to the Grenadier. Maybe that distorts some objectivity and explains the lower frustration.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

The pre-14 October early hand-raises and those that paid the initial deposit shortly thereafter were advised that test driving in person was not possible or highly unlikely before they would be asked to sign a contract. I know this because I was told this by an INEOS representative.

So - there is a direct trade-off between getting a Grenadier early and not being able to actually drive it because PTO2 or PTO3 cars will not be available until August (in Europe) and probably October (in countries that require shipping; e.g. Australia) - long after a signed contract

The issue for the early hand-raises is that if they get cold feet based purely on an inability to drive it - then they join the back of the queue and probably don't get a Grenadier until mid 2023.

Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
I would add to the latest comments just for clarity. The references to needing a test drive don't necessarily imply a need to drive the vehicle personally but at least have a test drive as a passenger. The latter certainly was promised to the early adopters and was a conversation I at least had with Ineos reps many months ago when they advised this would be available direct or through the nominated dealerships. I don't think it's at all unreasonable given the level of spend and I  would expect Ineos to put the logistics in place to facilitate that. Right now there's also some technical information awaited on some of the additional  kit e.g. winch and auxiliary power system that I have been chasing for some time. This is the sort of support that really should be in place pre production.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:09 PM
Reaction score
The passenger drive until now gives basically no clue about how the vehicle is in daily use. I even doubt that it tells much about offroad behavior.

When I had my ride (offroad) I was so overwhelmed by all these impressions I had, that I was unable to concentrate on the driving itself. Of course, the motor was impressive. And comfort was good as well. But that was it. The drivers know every stone by name on these tracks and will thus operate the car accordingly. And on tarmac there was no demonstration at all.

I can only repeat: It's a ritual, not a deciding experience.

What I'd have had appreciated was to drive a road which I know and have already driven a thousand times, hill up and hill down, curves and so on. In that case I could have compared. But the offroad passenger thing was really nothing which told me anything - except for the grunty motor (which was to be expected) and the pleasantly low noise level .

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, and if none of us can have the test drive of the production car I think that at least this test could be organized and done by some INDEPENDENT, (hopefully reputable) automotive journalist (especially somebody who is reading this forum and knows all the questions we have) and we could get some report back, obviously it's not the personal experience, but still better than nothing... 

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Cavaleiro userid=8998805 postid=1332948903]I also received the mail and pressed the button "change my configuration" in the hope of landing directly in the Configurator.Result: a browser page opens and you get a message that someone from Ineos will contact you to discuss the minor changes.

…..[/QUOTE]

Has anyone been contacted by Ineos after pressing the button to change the configuration?

I want to change 2 minor items, but no reaction from them until now. There is not much time left, so getting a little nervous. To calm down a bit I send them an email, but we all know that 2 of 4 emails will never be answered. After all I got an confirmation of receipt.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi, I've recently put in some requested mods via email to 'customerservice@ineosgrenadier.com'. They replied sending me a case number and stating that the request would be passed onto the appropriate team. at least I now have that request receipt in writing.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:09 AM
Reaction score
So far there has been no contact on the change request expressed via click. I have now additionally and concretely described, addressed the change requests by mail and wait / hope for confirmation.

Leapoffaith

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Changing Tack a little, I spoke with Ineos on phone today and woman says to me that Friday is not the final date, they just have this as the last date for reservation holders to place their order (don’t shoot the messenger!)
Despite protestations, Ileft her to it and summised that:
a. She was the most informed Ineos person in Britain?
b. The cleaner had answered the phone?
Time will tell!!
Good luck everyone ?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That might be true.

It first seemed to be so, that June, 18th was the deadline for reservation holders to plabe an order. It later turned out that this was a soft target of Ineos. And now, the 8th of July seems to be the deadline.

But in fact, with a dysfunctional website, they do in fact not have another choice.

I bet my balls: This website problems are all outsourced crap!

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Got the same mail last Friday. About the order summary, you can have access to it on the order page in your account, by clicking on the three dots menu icon at the right of your order number, and clicking on « order summary ». After a while (the time for the PDF file to be downloaded) the order summary appears !
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• E83A3784-F518-436B-B6E1-53B9E382306A.jpeg
    E83A3784-F518-436B-B6E1-53B9E382306A.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 10

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is not what we need, we have it already. We want an contact with Ineos to discuss changes and then a new receipt.

Local time
Reaction score
This is not a logical process at all. So Ineos want a final committed contract THEN table the financing options. I would normally expect to sit down with the dealership & discuss and agree these before committing to contract. Consider that technically you could commit to the purchase without even knowing whether financing is approved. So in essence this process only seems to work for those paying in full up front.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, you guys who have the option of signing up now are like Captain Kirk - "... boldy go where no man has gone before".
Well done, if I had the option of signing the contract now, It would be done already.

Thanks for leading the way - "Live long- and prosper"

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is a good thing and pleasant relief to see positive responses from an Ineos dealer ...... thank you Halliwell Jones.

Are you able to assist on the current ongoing 'saga' of making changes cut off date of Friday 8th July and the inability
to access the 'order summary' within My Orders ?

I would hope that other dealers are also able to join the forum and pass on knowledge etc to their future customers.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=DaveB userid=8923052 postid=1332964926]
I guess we all need to keep in mind that they will be getting hundreds (thousands???) of questions and while our questions are important to us they may not be on the top of the list of questions being asked. 
  1. The website process issues seem to be country specific not universal.
  2. Production starts in July and we have been told months ago that demo production vehicles will be available after this date. If it isn't a true production vehicle then there is no point test driving it.
  3. The footwell problems are only applicable to right hand drive markets, like mine, and may or may not apply to the production model. I think these complaints have been repeated over and over by you tubers who have never even driven it. They just keep regurgitating other peoples comments. 
  4. Even the fuel tank size only effects certain markets and customer types, like me in Australia. Keeping in mind that I don't want to be driving around with 130 litres in the tank on 90% of the days anyway. Just added weight to impact fuel economy. 50 litres will do me most of the time.  
[/QUOTE]
re #4  I've had some (limited) experience using a fuel bladder on an extended trip in a light aircraft. It was the first thought that came to mind in respect of extended (diesel) range in the IG. A false floor enclosing a 100L  bladder seemed to me a more practical and cost effective idea than jerry cans or even an after market fixed tank...
Re. the  aircraft trip, I'd much rather carry diesel than avgas!?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=simonpa userid=8615602 postid=1332974584]It is a good thing and pleasant relief to see positive responses from an Ineos dealer ...... thank you Halliwell Jones.

Are you able to assist on the current ongoing 'saga' of making changes cut off date of Friday 8th July and the inability
to access the 'order summary' within My Orders ?

I would hope that other dealers are also able to join the forum and pass on knowledge etc to their future customers.[/QUOTE]

Hi Simonpa,

I relayed the questions over to Ineos yesterday regarding the deadline and changing the configuration and was told that you would receive an email before lock in date asking if you would like to make any changes to your car through the configurator.

As I don't see this part of the order yet, is this what you have seen with your email?

I know I am the only dealer on the forum but I am now full time working on the Ineos side of our company as we want to make sure once we have everyone's details they will be contacted immediately with the next stages of their order, along with an open day/weekend for everyone to come along and actually see the car!

I will try and keep you all updated as much as I can with regards to builds and queries and will relay these back to Ineos.

With regards to dealers not knowing who has ordered, this is true until we all receive our portal logins.

Regards

Steve.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They  just responded to my email with wish for changes:

„Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive. 

Your ticket will be forwarded to the appropriate department and you will be contacted as soon as possible for the confirmation of the changes.“

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
And I had an address change from my Ltd. to my private address (for invoicing, the location is the same).

I got through within three days.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
On my by mail expressed, concrete changes I got today as an answer (translated): If you clicked on the link in the mail, then someone from INEOS will contact you as soon as possible.

I can understand that the effort is overwhelming and that there might be an unexpectedly large number of change requests so close to the binding order. A technical solution to be able to make the changes online up to a deadline would probably be more appropriate here and is common practice with every manufacturer.

I hope we overcome this slightly frustrating stage quickly.

Back
Top Bottom