The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

WOW! Got this today ...

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
We should be lenient with Ineos. It must be a real challenge to start a completely new automotive company wordwide, not to say to build the cars also. Saying this, I would appreciate better communication with the customers who already ordered a car.  Capable employees in this business are rare and expensive, so if you want them you not only must pay better but also have to convince them to work for you. How … I don‘t know.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:48 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=blueTdi userid=8917020 postid=1332980832]They  just responded to my email with wish for changes:

„Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive. 

Your ticket will be forwarded to the appropriate department and you will be contacted as soon as possible for the confirmation of the changes.“[/QUOTE]

I have nostalgia for when I received that message so many weeks ago, nothing heard since ?

Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
On Monday I asked for my deposit to be returned. I had decided to change from petrol to diesel. Everytime I tried to make the change, nothing happened and the configuration remained the same. So I went through Customer "Services". They assured me that the change had been made, but I could see no evidence. The configuration did not change. Already disillusioned (my post on 4th), I asked for a refund.
Their response was to email me, checking that I was sure, reassuring me of their committment and other nice things, and did I want to schedule a phone call to discuss it.
I did "schedule" a phone call, during which the young lady tried her best to keep me on board. I very politely declined, and she reassured me that my deposit would be refunded. Would I put my request in writing via an email. I pointed out that my original request was in an email, but she couldn't find it.  (Bit bizarre considering we having a conversation as a result of it!). I emailed again.
Needless to say, on checking my bank this morning, no refund has been made. Looking at my Ineos account, the order remains, and the configuration still shows a petrol engine.
BTW, I haven't received the promised contract, so I guess there is no committment, but I don't want to have to wait for ever for a refund. Big companies are notorious for not paying small debts.
Message to Steve at Halliwel Jones Chester - You need to take over the early adopters customer services in your area or you may well losemore customers.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are you saying that in your profile under orders, the menu doohickey with the three dots where you can ask for a refund has no function?
So far I was always worried I would hit that button by mistake …

Local time
Reaction score
Hi IG Pop
Didn't realise that button existed. Anyway, tried it and got the message "We are unable to process your request, please try later"

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:48 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Oceanwolf56 userid=8983678 postid=1332988266]On Monday I asked for my deposit to be returned. I had decided to change from petrol to diesel. Everytime I tried to make the change, nothing happened and the configuration remained the same. So I went through Customer "Services". They assured me that the change had been made, but I could see no evidence. The configuration did not change. Already disillusioned (my post on 4th), I asked for a refund.
Their response was to email me, checking that I was sure, reassuring me of their committment and other nice things, and did I want to schedule a phone call to discuss it.
I did "schedule" a phone call, during which the young lady tried her best to keep me on board. I very politely declined, and she reassured me that my deposit would be refunded. Would I put my request in writing via an email. I pointed out that my original request was in an email, but she couldn't find it.  (Bit bizarre considering we having a conversation as a result of it!). I emailed again.
Needless to say, on checking my bank this morning, no refund has been made. Looking at my Ineos account, the order remains, and the configuration still shows a petrol engine.
BTW, I haven't received the promised contract, so I guess there is no committment, but I don't want to have to wait for ever for a refund. Big companies are notorious for not paying small debts.
Message to Steve at Halliwel Jones Chester - You need to take over the early adopters customer services in your area or you may well losemore customers.[/QUOTE]

Personal opinion but I think maybe you should sleep on it.

The updates are not made to your existing order, they are made to your actual contract which you are presented to sign.

This is a new team doing this for the first time and obviously the whole process needs some work and the tools they’re working with need to be improved or replaced. Having been involved in similar situations myself maybe I’m a bit more sympathetic to the situation. This is a group of people just like you or I doing their best and I’m sure as a team they’re learning and improving every day.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Oceanwulf,

I'd wait for the contract. You haven't signed anything until then, and simply reject the contract. This would be a clear statement (they have to react ...) and furthermore give them some time to process your change request.

It might even happen, that there is quite to some time to come. In these days, nothing is save, especially not the supply chain.

IMO, you're in good position and I consider it save to wait for the contract.

Igfan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Cheswick Jones  Che userid=8996982 postid=1332988707]

Personal opinion but I think maybe you should sleep on it.

The updates are not made to your existing order, they are made to your actual contract which you are presented to sign.

This is a new team doing this for the first time and obviously the whole process needs some work and the tools they’re working with need to be improved or replaced. Having been involved in similar situations myself maybe I’m a bit more sympathetic to the situation. This is a group of people just like you or I doing their best and I’m sure as a team they’re learning and improving every day.[/QUOTE]

I was also worried about my changes not showing up on the order page online. When I contacted them customer service confirmed the changes were applied. As stated above they are applied to the build contract but don’t show up on the website as the order you placed. Still feeling a bit nervous about it I asked for it in writing and they kindly confirmed it all in writing. So I’m happy with it. Worst case is you get the build contract and the changes aren’t there and you can cancel then?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Oceanwolf56 userid=8983678 postid=1332988266]On Monday I asked for my deposit to be returned. I had decided to change from petrol to diesel. Everytime I tried to make the change, nothing happened and the configuration remained the same. So I went through Customer "Services". They assured me that the change had been made, but I could see no evidence. The configuration did not change. Already disillusioned (my post on 4th), I asked for a refund.
Message to Steve at Halliwel Jones Chester - You need to take over the early adopters customer services in your area or you may well losemore customers.[/QUOTE]

I'm really sorry to hear you've had problems with your order and have decided to not proceed.

Unfortunately at this stage I can't really influence anything as your deposit is with Ineos and not the dealer, I pride myself on good customer service hence joining this forum to try and help and reassure customers that there is an actual dealer contact.

Rest assured I have been constantly relaying information back to Ineos to try and help everyone and myself in getting further information for you.

If you private message me your order number along with full name I will contact the regional manager and see what can be done and find out where your deposit refund is upto.

Steve.

Local time
Reaction score
It's noticeable that there's frustration building and that the final engagement and commitment process isn't perhaps working as well as it should. In my mind this is where dealing face to face with a dealer in the good old trafditional way is far preferable to transacting on line. Clearly Ineos' outsourced services aren't yet firing on all cylinders and a few teething issues need to be ironed out. Until that happens Ineos should be ensuring that personal contact takes over either direct or via dealers as the cost in resourcing that will be far outweighed by the saving of potential lost buyers. For my part right now it's a project worth sticking with. This vehicle should beat LR's Defender offering hands down on price and utility so I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi IG Pop,
The refund button does appear to work. Perhaps the message I included to tell them why was too long. Also to Steve at Halliwell Jones. Thanks for responding. No need for me to contact you now. Ineos have promised a confirmation of rfund withtin 24hrs. I appreciate your offer of help when there's basically nothing in it for you. That's service!

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Oceanwolf56 userid=8983678 postid=1332989488]Hi IG Pop,
The refund button does appear to work. Perhaps the message I included to tell them why was too long. Also to Steve at Halliwell Jones. Thanks for responding. No need for me to contact you now. Ineos have promised a confirmation of rfund withtin 24hrs. I appreciate your offer of help when there's basically nothing in it for you. That's service![/QUOTE]

It's not always about what's in it for us, I'm personally massively enthusiastic about this car and the project ahead so always happy to help in anyway I can.

So much so, I'm typing this on my laptop on top of a washing machine that's not been fitted whilst the carpet fitters are here on my day off ha ha. 

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks ~ off there to have a play with them next.

Is your portal live? Can you see, or will you expect to see, all customer orders or just those allocated to you as a delivery point?
Not live yet no unfortunately. I would imagine it would only be Chester orders I will see though to be honest. Once the portal does go live I think I'll be on the phone morning noon and night though 🥵🥵🥵🥵

Local time
Reaction score
Intently reading about this order/contracting process from here in the U.S. All of you early adopters in Europe are going through the "baptism of fire" when it comes to coordinating with a new automotive company with global aspirations using a "direct-to-customer" sales model. All of your reporting as you go through this process is very beneficial not only to the rest of us orderers from other parts of the globe but also to - if they are following this thread - the staff of INEOS.

Back-and-forth Q/A via email between customers and INEOS is inefficient. Seems to me, INEOS and customers would be mutually better served if INEOS would implement a weekly global "Grenadier Call" in which INEOS can host/provide a live online/update on production, ordering, upcoming product roll-outs, etc. and take some online questions at the end. Then that could be posted to YouTube for re-watch by those who missed the live broadcast. Ford Motor Company already does this for their Bronco reservation/order holders. Dubbed, the "Bronco Nation", it's an easy way to reach out simultaneously and update people who generally have the same fears, concerns, worries, etc.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Caladan That sounds good. I also think it will take a while before everything runs smoothly.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@Caladan
> if INEOS would implement a weekly global "Grenadier Call" in which INEOS can host/provide a live online/update on production, ordering, upcoming product roll-outs, etc.

As proposed here.

Back
Top Bottom