The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Any contracts signed in 2023?

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
I received similar advice from Brisbane agent/dealer less than 2 weeks ago. The explanation was that the 10 days is the notional time between notifying you and anticipated build commencement ... so sign up asap!😉
I signed my contract in November, and still no production date, so I suggest you lower your expectations

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
I signed my contract in November, and still no production date, so I suggest you lower your expectations
since weeks always same on phone, "your contract will follow soon" very frustrating latest yesterday afternoon. :(:(

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
Has any Aussie's yet received contract or any other communication at all? I have not heard a blip from IA... in months. My log in page has no build date or contract date anything. Local dealer did say however we had a March build date which they must be able to see via their own portal. But still haha... send me an email! Keep my mind at peace!
Hi @trobex funny you should ask… I’ve just received an email from my Agent asking me to make any final changes to my order before Feb 4th as my Grenadier will be going into production in April.

I’m pleasantly surprised about the build date because when I first placed the order I was told delivery August/September, perhaps it will be earlier! But I’m not getting my hopes up yet.

so in summary:

Order placed (With deposit) - October 2022
Order confirmation email - January 2023
Build month - April 2023
Delivery - August /September 2023

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @trobex funny you should ask… I’ve just received an email from my Agent asking me to make any final changes to my order before Feb 4th as my Grenadier will be going into production in April.

I’m pleasantly surprised about the build date because when I first placed the order I was told delivery August/September, perhaps it will be earlier! But I’m not getting my hopes up yet.

so in summary:

Order placed (With deposit) - October 2022
Order confirmation email - January 2023
Build month - April 2023
Delivery - August /September 2023
So, I went back and looked at dates leading up to now:

RESERVED: 16th Nov 2021
ORDER BOOK OPEN?: Email dated 18th May 2022 from IA said order books were open, which I had SEVERE trouble using their original portal across numerous browsers and devices and couldn't actually configure OR confirm the damn order!!!
ORDERED: 30th May 2022 - finally. I also emailed IA to seek clarification that our 'build slots' were based on reservation dates and not order dates which I also had confirmed back from IA as being the case. So that was good.
Email FROM IA to myself 30th May 2022: "Rest assured, we have ringfenced production slots for early reservationists & once orders flow through, their place in the queue is upheld."
Email from IA to myself 28th Oct 2022: "Your Grenadier is heading for the production line meaning you can expect delivery to be between July - August 2023."

Under my IG account I still see no 'build date' although my local agent advised it was a March build date via email prior to Xmas. I made a few minor changes prior to XMAS as we had until the 16th of Jan 2023 to make any final changes.
I can only assume the car will head to manufacture in March. This would still align with the delivery date or July-Aug 2023. Fingers crossed!
Contract yet to be seen.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
So, I went back and looked at dates leading up to now:

RESERVED: 16th Nov 2021
ORDER BOOK OPEN?: Email dated 18th May 2022 from IA said order books were open, which I had SEVERE trouble using their original portal across numerous browsers and devices and couldn't actually configure OR confirm the damn order!!!
ORDERED: 30th May 2022 - finally. I also emailed IA to seek clarification that our 'build slots' were based on reservation dates and not order dates which I also had confirmed back from IA as being the case. So that was good.
Email FROM IA to myself 30th May 2022: "Rest assured, we have ringfenced production slots for early reservationists & once orders flow through, their place in the queue is upheld."
Email from IA to myself 28th Oct 2022: "Your Grenadier is heading for the production line meaning you can expect delivery to be between July - August 2023."

Under my IG account I still see no 'build date' although my local agent advised it was a March build date via email prior to Xmas. I made a few minor changes prior to XMAS as we had until the 16th of Jan 2023 to make any final changes.
I can only assume the car will head to manufacture in March. This would still align with the delivery date or July-Aug 2023. Fingers crossed!
Contract yet to be seen.
I reserved in Oct '21 and ordered 18th May '22 and have made no significant changes.
The build went from October on the portal to blank, but dealer says delivery March/April
It's all over the place.
And no . no contract for me yet.
I'm sure within a fortnight many of us will be none the wiser

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I reserved in Oct '21 and ordered 18th May '22 and have made no significant changes.
The build went from October on the portal to blank, but dealer says delivery March/April
It's all over the place.
And no . no contract for me yet.
I'm sure within a fortnight many of us will be none the wiser
Exactly the same for me. Ordered 18th, no changes since, originally October build. Was told verbally Dec Jan build as update, INEOS chat tells me that still listed as March/April delivery but they won’t give build estimates anymore. No contract nothing on portal. I guess based on most optimistic shipping times it is still technically possible for it to be delivered in April but it would need to on a boat in the next week or so if you factor in dealer delivery time. On the longest shipping time, even if it was on a boat this week I am pretty sure it would be May. I guess it is not impossible that it is already on a boat but no one has asked me to even confirm my build spec yet alone sign a contract.

Last edited:

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly the same for me. Ordered 18th, no changes since, originally October build. Was told verbally Dec Jan build as update, INEOS chat tells me that still listed as March/April but they won’t give build estimates anymore. No contract nothing on portal. I guess based on most optimistic shipping times it is still technically possible for it to be delivered in April but it would need to on a boat in the next week or so if you factor in dealer delivery time. On the longest shipping time, even if it was on a boat this week I am pretty sure it would be May. I guess it is not impossible that it is already on a boat but no one has asked me to even confirm my build spec yet alone sign a contract.
yeah kinda weird, especially since I ordered in October (2022) and was asked for spec confirmation this week for a build in April.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
yeah kinda weird, especially since I ordered in October (2022) and was asked for spec confirmation this week for a build in April.
Out of interest, were you asked for a spec confirmation this week from your dealer or IA?

Francois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
I am from South Africa. I have signed my contract in November 2022 with delivery date on 19 March 2023. Received an email indicating my IG went into production on 9 January 2023.

This morning i have received a new contract to sign with delivery date now on 19 April 2023
1675316237235.png

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It looks like, from all the Aussie posts, that we as a country are down the manufacturing schedule. So, it would seem, that even if we ordered WELL before EU placeholders, that our countries time slot in general is a later date, like a bulk order. It looks like reservation dates won't make much difference for our Australian supply slot (probably 3 months from 1st Aussie order to final Aussie order in the initial res list???).

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It looks like, from all the Aussie posts, that we as a country are down the manufacturing schedule. So, it would seem, that even if we ordered WELL before EU placeholders, that our countries time slot in general is a later date, like a bulk order. It looks like reservation dates won't make much difference for our Australian supply slot (probably 3 months from 1st Aussie order to final Aussie order in the initial res list???).
Could be about logistics... make a batch of Aussie vehicles, enough to fill a slot on a ship. Slots on ships would have to be booked well ahead I would think.
So that batch of Aussie vehicles gets juggled in the production schedule to align with the ship and also to allow other builds to take place either side of it.
Maybe? Plausible?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a fairly frank chat with my agent. Seems there may be a very small number of cars about to ship here and they may arrive in April, but realistically most will start arriving May onwards. If mine is built in February as seems likely/possible then May probably the earliest it will arrive. Best case gets built this week, is on a boat the last week Feb and gets on a boat with the fastest sailing route it could In theory be here late April, but if it’s built last week of Feb and is on a boat mid March with the longest sailing route then it’s more likely June.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could be about logistics... make a batch of Aussie vehicles, enough to fill a slot on a ship. Slots on ships would have to be booked well ahead I would think.
So that batch of Aussie vehicles gets juggled in the production schedule to align with the ship and also to allow other builds to take place either side of it.
Maybe? Plausible?
I'm sure I read somewhere that Jason Hocevar explained that shipping has been booked just as you suggested, that there were set shipments that had to be booked coming into Australia. Unsure how many cars per shipment however.

Re Hocevar, here's an older article about his departure from Renault. Seems he did pretty well there, can see why INEOS wanted him.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a fairly frank chat with my agent. Seems there may be a very small number of cars about to ship here and they may arrive in April, but realistically most will start arriving May onwards. If mine is built in February as seems likely/possible then May probably the earliest it will arrive. Best case gets built this week, is on a boat the last week Feb and gets on a boat with the fastest sailing route it could In theory be here late April, but if it’s built last week of Feb and is on a boat mid March with the longest sailing route then it’s more likely June.

I ordered in late DEC, agent in Melb showed me build in MAY (no day mentioned), delivery 3 months later, so sometime around AUG/SEPT.
So the biggest delay is in between ordering and build - 5 months - (probably because I'm late to the party) and only 3 months between build and delivery.

I expect it might be later than that but I'm not in any hurry. Content to enjoy everyone else get theirs and see what they do with them!

Ine05

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered in late DEC, agent in Melb showed me build in MAY (no day mentioned), delivery 3 months later, so sometime around AUG/SEPT.
So the biggest delay is in between ordering and build - 5 months - (probably because I'm late to the party) and only 3 months between build and delivery.

I expect it might be later than that but I'm not in any hurry. Content to enjoy everyone else get theirs and see what they do with them!
I would say all those dates will be pushed out. I had a December 22 build date. It’s now February and still no contract or build. There has not been much production out the factory in the last couple of months

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would say all those dates will be pushed out. I had a December 22 build date. It’s now February and still no contract or build. There has not been much production out the factory in the last couple of months

I'm hoping for everyone's sake it's going to be like this soon...

79rqte.jpg

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
I’m sitting with blind hope that mine has started its build as advertised and will be on a ship when I get the contract?

I’m happy with delusion atm😎

Back
Top Bottom