The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Any contracts signed in 2023?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
I agree but with the caution that Toyota, Volkswagen etc processes are maybe less ‘proven’ that one might expect.
And dieselgate , and all those recalls - many serious issues - across all manufacturers.
As cars get more electrically complicated , reliability and longevity is reduced.
I have as much faith in IA as anyone else.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:28 PM
Reaction score
I am not convinced that the delays are only due to legal reasons - contracts etc.

We know that all PTO and test drive vehicles were operated without functioning airbags and lockers. That was the case until the end of 2022. So obviously Ineos couldn't test those parts.

Now there are rumors that a certain firmware in the cars, especially related to the airbags, is the culprit. I'm not surprised by that. It looks like the company had - for whatever reason - delayed airbag testing too long, and now they're footing the bill. There could be other problems, too, but it's the airbag thing in particular that's leaked to the public.

I imagine that since airbags are a very critical component for various reasons (explosives ...), they are subject to intensive testing and approval procedures. And the moment a government agency is involved, you can just forget about any timeline.

Everything else - international contracts and global rollout - may be new to Ineos Automotive, but not to Ineos. I suspect that Ineos has a worldwide network of the best lawyers that can be afforded, and they would of course act for Ineos Automotive for a fee if it were necessary.

But the approval process for a product is a regulatory thing, there's nothing you can do about it. I once built a house. With an approval process that is actually a purely routine matter. But it took months to get through the regulatory process, and there was just nothing I could do but wait.

If an airbag system doesn't work properly or there's a tiny error, if even an indicator light doesn't light up properly, the thing hangs with the authorities and many tasks in the process have to be worked through from the beginning.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@globalgregors yes . here next larger town Friedberg/Bad Nauheim (once Elvis Presley's post when he was in US Army) Ford Kögler has an enormous palace..
Amarok - as a hunter ugly offroad capability. - may of these got stuck.. (Do not know if car or lack of drivers skill perhaps both)
The problem of the industry is distributed production, many parts made in China, or in Ukraine. just in time production, so if there is a little interruption in supply the entire chain is broken. Software and permanently regulatory impact. The supporting industry is already complaining and about to lay off 100.000 employees here.
Production will be moved to other countries or just stop.
This is now a bit political but I cannot avoid it as it is directly related to the topic.
This week the German chancellor met with some "experts" including church representatives (but no automotive person) on the effects of unemployment and automobile crisis.. - Its crazy to speak with non subject matter persons on a topic that is more or less affecting Germany entirely. There is in Germany a lobbying organization called "Deutsche Umwelthilfe" - The German Environment Support" that is in fact a small group of lawyer - lobbyists taking automotive companies and towns to court for things they did in pollution and so on. And issue dissuasion with extreme fees that is what they make their money with. Indirectly supported by the German government .. so to push more stricter laws - restrict / forbid diesel or petrol powered vehicles and btw sponsored by Toyota. The other part is to push the Great Reset and UN Agenda..
And now wondering what the effects on Industry are .. more people unemployed.. depended, lower tax revenue, secondary economy down ..
If Volkswagen Audi BMW or Mercedes Benz fail. Opel & Ford . go down.. and the supply companies .. such as ZF, Hella, Bosch.
On pure electric vehicles noone needs big gear boxes or mufflers.. - lots fewer parts and by parts not very complex.
The electric stuff can be easily and cheaply manufactured in China.
This is not just Germany but all other countries manufacturing vehicles will face the same, if Volvo, JLR already owned by Tata.., Peugeot, Citroen.. all the same..
The French workforce is not as silent and indulgent as the Germans.. if their jobs are endangered .. they go to burn on street. Already proven.
Seen in the agricultural, seen elsewhere. I doubt we will see this in Germany.. but from 2021 / 22 we experienced that even Germans and Austrians can be mobilised to street.
And I know the government here almost put the brown stuff in the pants. I know from inside but politics will never admit.

So the crisis affects Ineos as well too. - And yes even the big boys have their problems. And lie and cheat too. I think if someone digs deep enough.. all these companys have an army of skeletons each in their cupboards. Stop politics now - even worse.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
But JM: someone in those “big consulting companies” recognised a gap and plugged it with your expertise and insight, and a client agreed to it. That’s only necessary when such talent is not present or available to the project in the client organisation. Shouldn’t an asset owner know how to maintain their asset? If they did have resources, why were they not made available to the (very expensive) project? Easy to blame the consultants but I’d ask a few more “why?”s…

This also why I’m reasonably ambivalent about the Ineos service organisation in the first couple of years of ownership. Being the asset owner it’s encumbent on me to understand it’s sustainment needs and operate it accordingly… after a time the service organisation will accumulate more knowledge than me but in the short term I’ll likely be in a more intimate relationship with the vehicle than their box-fresh local service manager.

It’d be different if I never left Sydney perhaps, so I’m not suggesting this applies to all owners. It’s just that I’ll be taking the vehicle into the sticks.
I started a consulting company back in 2004 and after bidding on several contracts I was told I wasn't charging enough.
They said at my prices nobody would take me seriously.
I upped my charges to $1,100 a day (remember 2004 money) and started to charge for travel, meals, accommodation etc.
I charged $4,500 to give a 2 hour presentation to an annual meeting, plus costs, and then the board of directors asked me to stay and listen to the state managers presentations and give my feedback.
For an extra $1,500
I charged $6,500 plus costs to fly to Thailand for 4 days to negotiate a supply agreement
The more consultants charge the better they are perceived to be.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@globalgregors yes . here next larger town Friedberg/Bad Nauheim (once Elvis Presley's post when he was in US Army) Ford Kögler has an enormous palace..
Amarok - as a hunter ugly offroad capability. - may of these got stuck.. (Do not know if car or lack of drivers skill perhaps both)
The problem of the industry is distributed production, many parts made in China, or in Ukraine. just in time production, so if there is a little interruption in supply the entire chain is broken. Software and permanently regulatory impact. The supporting industry is already complaining and about to lay off 100.000 employees here.
This is now a bit political but I cannot avoid it as it is directly related to the topic.
This week the German chancellor met with some "experts" including church representatives (but no automotive person) on the effects of unemployment and automobile crisis.. - Its crazy to speak with non subject matter persons on a topic that is more or less affecting Germany entirely. There is in Germany a lobbying organization called "Deutsche Umwelthilfe" - The German Environment Support" that is in fact a small group of lawyer - lobbyists taking automotive companies and towns to court for things they did in pollution and so on. And issue dissuasion with extreme fees that is what they make their money with. Indirectly supported by the German government .. so to push more stricter laws - restrict / forbid diesel or petrol powered vehicles and btw sponsored by Toyota. The other part is to push the Great Reset and UN Agenda..
And now wondering what the effects on Industry are .. more people unemployed.. depended, lower tax revenue, secondary economy down ..
If Volkswagen Audi BMW or Mercedes Benz fail. Opel & Ford . go down.. and the supply companies .. such as ZF, Hella, Bosch.
On pure electric vehicles noone needs big gear boxes or mufflers.. - lots fewer parts and by parts not very complex.
This is not just Germany but all other countries manufacturing vehicles will face the same, if Volvo, JLR already owned by Tata.., Peugeot, Citroen.. all the same..
The French workforce is not as silent and indulgent as the Germans.. if their jobs are endangered .. they go to burn on street. Already proven.
Seen in the agricultural, seen elsewhere. I doubt we will see this in Germany.. but from 2021 / 22 we experienced that even Germans and Austrians can be mobilised to street.
And I know the government here almost put the brown stuff in the pants. I know from inside but politics will never admit.

So the crisis affects Ineos as well too. - And yes even the big boys have their problems. And lie and cheat too. I think if someone digs deep enough.. all these companys have an army of skeletons each in their cupboards. Stop politics now - even worse.
It concerns me when business and politicians get church representatives involved in decisions.
We have finally hit less than 50% of our population claiming to have any religious affiliation.
hopefully by next census that will have dropped below 30%

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score

Enjoyed reading your post, I think you are right. In the UK, we see the Green Lobyists winning and the remaining industries that have not been exported to China threatened. Europe needs to awaken and fast.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score

But that does not speak for straightforwardness and consistency. On 15.1. you told me that I was deviating from the topic. Now you are doing the same with prior apologies.
I agree with you on the content.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I started a consulting company back in 2004 and after bidding on several contracts I was told I wasn't charging enough.
I started in 1985 as a junior consultant in a major pure Belgian consulting company, and was send to a customer after 2 weeks "training" in the office. After some months, the project manager of the plant I was working in, invited me to lunch in a restaurant, and he told me: I am quite happy with the job you are doing, but I am not so happy that your company is training you in my factory! Then I had several jobs often close to consulting, but inside companies as an employee or as a "seconded employee".
I started in 2000 as an independent consultant, and my first customer was a company I had worked for in the past. After making an offer (650€/day) and starting, my customer told me my price was very low compared to other external people!
Gradually I rose my price substantially (I dared to ask between 900 and 1100 €/day + transportation costs), and almost nobody complained.
Once, through a bug in the implementation of SAP at the Belgian railways, bug I found by casuality, I could see the prices of ALL external consultants. I was among the 20% best paid! That was OK for me!.
I stopped 3 years ago.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@DaveB first I had a laugh but indeed. I think this has nothing to do with the enforced decline of the manufacturing industry in Europe. (It is not just related to automotive)
But I assume they just discussed the social side effects.
In a way this reminds me a bit at the "Hunger Games" trilogy.. So China becomes the manufacturing place for everything... US the military part,..
But Europe is facing also an entirely social change / But China too. Japan even worse.. aging people.
In Germany we facing more deaths in the last 2 years than average,. also many miscarriages. But general. fewer people in working and tax generating age.. also many low qualifieds instead of people in apprentice of crafting work, engineers in Math, construction, IT.. metal .. Knowledge in steel / Stainless stell casting is gone..
That affects a lot.. so if you want a job here with some qualification that is more than sing, dance, paint.. you could get a whole selection.. -
Ineos has Job offerings, many smaller companies have plenty.. - even if Amazon and many big players are laying off. - There are plenty of jobs for qualified staff.
But there is the term .. qualified..
The German government is confronted with quite some problems.. but perhaps the social side effects will be the least of concern in Europe if these things go off. (In this case, I assume the niche player Ineos manufacturing locally at the end has more chance to survive as any electric manufacturer depending on China supply) ..

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Enjoyed reading your post, I think you are right. In the UK, we see the Green Lobyists winning and the remaining industries that have not been exported to China threatened. Europe needs to awaken and fast.
COVID was a huge wakeup for Australia
Suddenly we couldn't rely on tourism, cheap backpacker labour or overseas products.
We went to effectively 100% employment quickly and manufacture of our own medicine and food.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@DaveB first I had a laugh but indeed. I think this has nothing to do with the enforced decline of the manufacturing industry in Europe. (It is not just related to automotive)
But I assume they just discussed the social side effects.
In a way this reminds me a bit at the "Hunger Games" trilogy.. So China becomes the manufacturing place for everything... US the military part,..
But Europe is facing also an entirely social change / But China too. Japan even worse.. aging people.
In Germany we facing more deaths in the last 2 years than average,. also many miscarriages. But general. fewer people in working and tax generating age.. also many low qualifieds instead of people in apprentice of crafting work, engineers in Math, construction, IT.. metal .. Knowledge in steel / Stainless stell casting is gone..
That affects a lot.. so if you want a job here with some qualification that is more than sing, dance, paint.. you could get a whole selection.. -
Ineos has Job offerings, many smaller companies have plenty.. - even if Amazon and many big players are laying off. - There are plenty of jobs for qualified staff.
But there is the term .. qualified..
The German government is confronted with quite some problems.. but perhaps the social side effects will be the least of concern in Europe if these things go off. (In this case, I assume the niche player Ineos manufacturing locally at the end has more chance to survive as any electric manufacturer depending on China supply) ..
Sorry I don't know which one of my comments you are referring to.
We have a huge shortfall of qualified trades people.
When I started my apprenticeship I was 15 and was paid $3,998 a year
By the time I was finished they required an apprentice to have year 12 at school which made him 17/18 years old and on an adult wage of $14,000 per year ( 1992 money)
What company could afford to hire a first year apprentice on that money???
For less than that they could get a 30 year old trades assistant with 10 years experience.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But that does not speak for straightforwardness and consistency. On 15.1. you told me that I was deviating from the topic. Now you are doing the same with prior apologies.
I agree with you on the content.
That is related.. we are still on conracts and related processes . So it is the process - and why. We are in a rather difficult topic and we know that is related to.
Contracts out are delayed. Why: Some blame processes, Some software, some politics, regulations and international crisis.
I think and repeat myself its mainly process related and Ineos is a puppy in automotive.
My representative told me in December 2022 already new contracts will be issued not before late January / February 2023..
What I tried was to calm down.. but that is difficult. Freddy did sing once .. " I want it all I want it now.." patience is not human habit.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Meanwhile today, I just watched some damselflies having afternoon sex, and went for a run after.
Not much I can do to save the world or indeed , speed up my contract...

View attachment 7801191
Slightly disturbing
Glad you went for a run instead of a shower

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It concerns me when business and politicians get church representatives involved in decisions.
We have finally hit less than 50% of our population claiming to have any religious affiliation.
hopefully by next census that will have dropped below 30%
In Germany, churches continue to collect tithes and fulfil an institutional role in the delivery of social services that is rather handled in Australia by government (and NGOs). Their role in the consultation mentioned I suspect is of an institutional not pastoral nature. But otherwise totally, yes - the whole ScoMo/Hillsong thing is alarming.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does birds and bees talk embarrass you Dave?
I'm a Dr , you can talk to me ;)
Entomology can be a hobby you know , and tie in with remote adventuring.
Not at all but when you say you watched a couple of dragon flies having sex and then went for a run it kind of sounds a bit like you had a choice of a shower or a run

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I upped my charges to $1,100 a day (remember 2004 money) and started to charge for travel, meals, accommodation etc.
I charged $4,500 to give a 2 hour presentation to an annual meeting, plus costs, and then the board of directors asked me to stay and listen to the state managers presentations and give my feedback.
For an extra $1,500
I charged $6,500 plus costs to fly to Thailand for 4 days to negotiate a supply agreement
The more consultants charge the better they are perceived to be.
In Saudi I worked alongside a former US Marine, who on this matter once offered: “some fighters don’t know they’re in the ring until their nose is bleeding”.
Is it about the consultant being better, or is it more a matter of jacking up the value at risk until someone gives a f*ck?

Back
Top Bottom