The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
Yes, based on the TNG-F platform that the 4th generation Tacoma and 6th gen 4Runner will be on
Tundra and Land Cruiser as well, albeit different wheel bases. The e-kdss has been awesome based on 300 series reviews.

Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
It’s definitely a Defender competitor, and will probably be a good one at that.

4 trim levels starting at around 62k. looks like the overtrail slides in right after the base. the over trail will prolly be a 70k vehicle coming standard with many things you would expect to pay extra for. def a safer long term option than a g wagon or defender without the douchiness. this vehicle shouldn't make any potential IG owners walk away. but the new LC might.

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
In the USA, your are kidding yourselves thinking you will be able to get one of these just announced Lexus in the first year produced, at or below MSRP. Go ahead, go flex yourselves at the local Lexus dealership, but we all know $ talks, and that means no silly, "I want top trim and all options for MSRP as custom order and deliver it before 2024!"

If you are wealthy, you will have orders for both and don't care about MSRP, and if you are worried about "capabilities" and a $10k difference in price between competitive set, then you ain't winning the bidding war at the dealership anyways.

Just get the Grenadier, and eventually trade it for these competitors and enjoy the exclusivity of this product and this forum group.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
4 trim levels starting at around 62k. looks like the overtrail slides in right after the base. the over trail will prolly be a 70k vehicle coming standard with many things you would expect to pay extra for. def a safer long term option than a g wagon or defender without the douchiness. this vehicle shouldn't make any potential IG owners walk away. but the new LC might.
Again, specifically, no pricing was announced at this point.

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Overtrail versions of the GX will be priced at the top of the range. My guess at a similar price to a nicely spec’ed Gren. No shortcuts, only hard decisions at this point. Unfortunately real pricing and news of a Landcruiser variant are probably not till later in the year. That being said, the Lexus and Tacoma both hint to potential great things from Toyota in the next couple years.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
All you guys getting excited about a new Playdo, er sorry Prado.

They might have dropped the name and called it a landcruiser in your market, but it’s still going to be a capable shopping trolly, and far off 100% landcruiser DNA.

At least it looks like they’re going to finally put a decent motor in it.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

They might have dropped the name and called it a landcruiser in your market, but it’s still going to be a capable shopping trolly, and far off 100% landcruiser DNA.

I drove a Prado in Iceland last year. It was way nicer than the 4runner we get. Options for body on frame SUVs are few and far between. If we got the 70 series LC300, or lower trim G wagens then a "playdo" wouldn't be so tempting but it is what it is.

Local time
Reaction score

Same frame as a 300, same e-KDSS, 3.4 ttv6 (detuned it appears). I'd say the DNA is pretty close in this version of the GX.

Center and rear locker. So basically a skinnier Land Cruiser (two words, not Landcruiser, kinda like calling the Trialmaster a Trailmaster) with the same ideal wheelbase (probably the most underrated upgrade) made in one of the same plants (Tahara) as the 300. The TNGA-F architecture giving the lower level models the same frame with different sizing as their flagship Land Cruiser will be a game changer for Toyota.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
Same frame as a 300, same e-KDSS, 3.4 ttv6 (detuned it appears). I'd say the DNA is pretty close in this version of the GX.

Center and rear locker. So basically a skinnier Land Cruiser (two words, not Landcruiser, kinda like calling the Trialmaster a Trailmaster) with the same ideal wheelbase (probably the most underrated upgrade) made in one of the same plants (Tahara) as the 300. The TNGA-F architecture giving the lower level models the same frame with different sizing as their flagship Land Cruiser will be a game changer for Toyota.
LandCruiser. Let’s just say everyone’s a bit right…

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
GX looks neat but not my flavor. Need to finalize my Gren spec so I can get obsessed with something else for next 8 months.
I finalized and submitted mine and trust me, there will be something you're tempted to add!

Local time
Reaction score
The Overtrail versions of the GX will be priced at the top of the range. My guess at a similar price to a nicely spec’ed Gren. No shortcuts, only hard decisions at this point. Unfortunately real pricing and news of a Landcruiser variant are probably not till later in the year. That being said, the Lexus and Tacoma both hint to potential great things from Toyota in the next couple years.

It totally breaks my heart, but the GX hit it out of the park (never been a lexus fan). Over 9000 lb towing capacity is what has me interested. Pricing can't be too crazy compared to the old one, but I'm going to take a close look once they land. But it is now reason #6285 why the IG doesn't make sense (but still looks amazing) if I'm going to be objective.

Back
Top Bottom