The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:44 PM
Reaction score
Only six days to go until the big reveal on May 17, yet I still find myself hoping for an early leak about NA pricing 😂 Anyone else feel similarly?
Would be good, but I’d think the main avenue for a leak would be dealers, and I don’t know if they are in place yet, or if they would even be given it.

The pricing is going to be interesting, but I’m really more interested in the growing number of deliveries in the EU.

CryHavoc

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Only six days to go until the big reveal on May 17, yet I still find myself hoping for an early leak about NA pricing 😂 Anyone else feel similarly?
Admittedly I do check each day. But if it’s anything like the prematurely released manuals and such, the pricing would be riddled with errors 😂

Come Wednesday, I’ll either have my configuration ready to order in a couple weeks…or simply settle into a hunt for an LC200 come Spring if even my minimally acceptable configuration doesn’t hit the price point I want. Already sold our Sequoia in shockingly short order last week, but there’s plenty to explore in our Power Wagon in the meantime 🤷🏻‍♂️

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
Haha is not an April 1 joke? Given IA track record it could be a late jest...

sully677

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
17th is my birthday. Either it’s gonna be a real nice birthday present or I’ll start looking for a different vehicle to replace my ‘04 4 Runner!

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
There's a lot to like in the truck market, and the Taco hasn't even been released yet. I've started pricing out trucks and the Gren has to be competitive on price or it's going to be a tough sell with the "Secretary of the Treasury".

Wyoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
It’s been fun to dream about trim level and accessories without any costs to get in the way of reality. I assume the price will be higher than we want yet competitive with similar manufacturers. I agree with Milehigh that Ineos will be challenged to fulfill European orders and then change the assembly line to manufacture vehicles for NA. So while cost will become a reality, the promise of a reasonable delivery date will become the next fantasy for NA customers.

STACHES

Reservation Holder
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
I figure if the US pricing is too high, I'll still order one to sell, then go for something cheaper. If this thing is reaching used G wagon prices, I'm going to lean towards the Benz.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:44 AM
Reaction score
It’s been fun to dream about trim level and accessories without any costs to get in the way of reality. I assume the price will be higher than we want yet competitive with similar manufacturers. I agree with Milehigh that Ineos will be challenged to fulfill European orders and then change the assembly line to manufacture vehicles for NA. So while cost will become a reality, the promise of a reasonable delivery date will become the next fantasy for NA customers.
That will depend on what you consider similar manufacturers.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:44 AM
Reaction score
Based on the first pricing announced: selecting every accessory available added approx 35% of the base price to the final price (before taxes, registration, dealer fees etc. etc.)

bmore_burnsy

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with Milehigh that Ineos will be challenged to fulfill European orders and then change the assembly line to manufacture vehicles for NA. So while cost will become a reality, the promise of a reasonable delivery date will become the next fantasy for NA customers.
Per an Ineos rep at the DC drive event, the Hambach factory will shut down in July to change the assembly line to manufacture NA vehicles. If that timeline holds, it's feasible that they will deliver some NA vehicles before year end.

Local time
Reaction score
There's a lot to like in the truck market, and the Taco hasn't even been released yet. I've started pricing out trucks and the Gren has to be competitive on price or it's going to be a tough sell with the "Secretary of the Treasury".
Dumb me. I finally read the history of the Chicken Tax. Now I understand why Ineos has to take the line "recommend rear seats not removable." My Taco only has 145,000 mi and the new frame so I might just keep it.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have insight or knowledge of the time and associated timezone with which the May 17th configurator will be launched? Could this be a 'stroke of midnight (EST)' kind of thing? I don't recall what the launch of the pricing configurator was like for the other world markets last year.

bmore_burnsy

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have insight or knowledge of the time and associated timezone with which the May 17th configurator will be launched? Could this be a 'stroke of midnight (EST)' kind of thing? I don't recall what the launch of the pricing configurator was like for the other world markets last year.
The IA IT team is based in the UK, so I would guess the NA configurator goes live around 6-9am ET. No insight, just a hunch.

Back
Top Bottom