The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
Yeah I was told the same in Seattle. Sounds like it's going to be all hands on deck for US builds when the summer break is over in Hambach.

Local time
Reaction score
Wow that's definitely way more optimistic than my last update. I hope they are right/on target! Would be cool to have these in the wild here before EOY.
They said barring a labor strike or other unforeseen circumstance they thought most early preorders would fulfilled this year. I guess we will see...

Local time
Reaction score
Going back to selling well MSRP, I remember someone here saying they bought a Defender Carpathian for $15k over MSRP. Got bored and looked up current offers on 2023 versions of that car. MSRP starts at US$115,300. I found 10 vehicles available in a car site. Two were above that, 8 were below, as much as $10k below.

This is why I’m thinking I’ll be able to pick up a Grenny at or below MSRP, and reading these forums, I happy to wait a year or two more to get a “better” build quality (interior trim/finish, tech).

Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score
Going back to selling well MSRP, I remember someone here saying they bought a Defender Carpathian for $15k over MSRP. Got bored and looked up current offers on 2023 versions of that car. MSRP starts at US$115,300. I found 10 vehicles available in a car site. Two were above that, 8 were below, as much as $10k below.

This is why I’m thinking I’ll be able to pick up a Grenny at or below MSRP, and reading these forums, I happy to wait a year or two more to get a “better” build quality (interior trim/finish, tech).

I don't know about that. the defender is niche and people will buy it because they can. the grenadier is super niche and for those in the know. and right now most don't know.

plus there may not be enough made to even drop the price.

if the car continues to be problematic, well, that's another thing. and even if the vehicle is short lived I'm sure people will want it more.

I can see it going up before going dow in price. just read what all the fanboys say about here as they stare down problem after problem with it. they ignore it or laugh it off. until another brand produces something similar, people will just deal with it.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

I’ve been seeing the same pattern as you. It has been a crazy few years, but it seems like the trend is finally back toward MSRP. There are plenty of exceptions but as inventory rebuilds, and interest rates where they are, the trend will continue.
For the next year Grenadier production will be maxed out filling customer ordered vehicles. There might be a handful that the ordering customer backs out of. How many will that be? Totally depends on how the rollout goes over the next six months. Will the Grenadier be the gotta-have-it vehicle of the moment? It might, but I would be surprised if it were. Such a specific niche and quite expensive in N American markets.
It’s not a bad strategy.

Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been seeing the same pattern as you. It has been a crazy few years, but it seems like the trend is finally back toward MSRP. There are plenty of exceptions but as inventory rebuilds, and interest rates where they are, the trend will continue.
For the next year Grenadier production will be maxed out filling customer ordered vehicles. There might be a handful that the ordering customer backs out of. How many will that be? Totally depends on how the rollout goes over the next six months. Will the Grenadier be the gotta-have-it vehicle of the moment? It might, but I would be surprised if it were. Such a specific niche and quite expensive in N American markets.
It’s not a bad strategy.

the new Lexus gx vide was just released. looks like a winner. defender/cruiser/g-wagen nuances. much sportier than ever before. pretty sure this is going in at close to 10k less than the IG

gx overtrail.....thumbs up

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj3-lhZm66k

Local time
Reaction score
in profile, from the middle of the fender to the rear isn’t bad. But my God why does Lexus/Toyota have a fetish for ugly front ends?

yup....hopefully the new LC will be round lights and more streamlined. but the new Lexus gx over trail is still a hr.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's not bad. I like the front a lot better than the old one and probably like it more than my 5th gen 4runner. I think the competition needs their own threads.

Local time
Reaction score
I don't know about that. the defender is niche and people will buy it because they can. the grenadier is super niche and for those in the know. and right now most don't know.

plus there may not be enough made to even drop the price.

if the car continues to be problematic, well, that's another thing. and even if the vehicle is short lived I'm sure people will want it more.

I can see it going up before going dow in price. just read what all the fanboys say about here as they stare down problem after problem with it. they ignore it or laugh it off. until another brand produces something similar, people will just deal with it.
There were 15k total Defenders sold in 2022; I doubt 10% were Carpathian. That would make them much lower in volume than Grennies.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is it still body on frame?

Yes, based on the TNG-F platform that the 4th generation Tacoma and 6th gen 4Runner will be on

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s definitely a Defender competitor, and will probably be a good one at that.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
There were 15k total Defenders sold in 2022; I doubt 10% were Carpathian. That would make them much lower in volume than Grennies.
Interesting! I was told by Land Rover that very few (not even one thousand) V8 Defenders were produced in 2022 model year. Zero were produced until September and they switched to 2023 model year in the Spring. They had multiple covid related shut downs and even a Russia/Ukraine supply chain problem at the factory. Not that any of that matters and I have not attempted to corroborate. There are certainly many more coming now. They’ve massively increased production in the past six to eight months.

This GX looks like a solid effort. Can’t wait to see more.

Back
Top Bottom