The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
You'll get 5 locking wheel nuts, not 30.... There's only one lock per wheel, which is the standard set up
Laughing at myself!!! I clearly know nothing about locking wheel nuts. 😂 I'm glad I asked though! I can get 4 for $20 from Amazon. Time to uncheck that box.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
Laughing at myself!!! I clearly know nothing about locking wheel nuts. 😂 I'm glad I asked though! I can get 4 for $20 from Amazon. Time to uncheck that box.
5 make sure you lock the spare on

singlefin

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
Any know if the RAI includes the fender cover plate for removal? Assume it doesn't.

Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
If (I believe it is not official) Toyota brings the proper Land Cruiser/300 back to the US I can't imaging it starting (or being attainable) for less than 6-digits (the 2021s listed/started around $90 if I recall). If they bring in a "Prado" type LC it will have to be pushed upscale to avoid cannibalizing sales of the soon-to-be "new" 4Runner. So the "Prado LC" might start $20k less than @DDG 's ~$95k build (which is substantially over the base-base SW), but to spec the LC up to that level (lockers, towing, winch, suspension, etc. you might be back to $95k.

I know that prices for the new Taco have yet to be released, and I know the "new" 4Runner isn't on the radar yet from Toyota, but a current TRD-Pro 4Runner starts at $55 so I am assuming the Trail Hunter trims will be above that, say $60, but again that's before lockers, winch, towing etc. That said, the Trail Hunter would have to be priced below a LC product to keep the LC as the king of Toyota's hill, but not too high up as the Lexus hill goes higher.

the new LC isn't going to be their flagship model. from what I gather it's going to be mid sized and slide in-between models. in terms of cost as well.

as for looks, I don't know. I'm sure many would go nuts and like a a fj/90 new defender clone. I just hope the design date back further as I really haven't like many Yo designs for over 20 years

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any know if the RAI includes the fender cover plate for removal? Assume it doesn't.
HI singlefin, The RIA does not come with a cover plate, however word is you can purchase one from Ineos. My build, a Trial Master, automatically comes with an RIA. It's supposed to take 10 min or less to remove it and put on the cover plate from others comments on the Forum. DaBull

singlefin

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
HI singlefin, The RIA does not come with a cover plate, however word is you can purchase one from Ineos. My build, a Trial Master, automatically comes with an RIA. It's supposed to take 10 min or less to remove it and put on the cover plate from others comments on the Forum. DaBull

Thanks DaBull!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Roger that, I'll look for a set of 5.
You probably wouldn't get a set of 5, since the spare on other cars is locked inside the vehicle. It seems a limited market for vehicles with an external spare wheel so there is no great demand. Worst case scenario is you may have to purchase a set of 4 plus 1.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You probably wouldn't get a set of 5, since the spare on other cars is locked inside the vehicle. It seems a limited market for vehicles with an external spare wheel so there is no great demand. Worst case scenario is you may have to purchase a set of 4 plus 1.
McGard 24516 Black Cone Seat Wheel Locks (M14 x 1.5 Thread Size) - Set of 5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P6D946Q/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

Note that I'm not certain of the thread pattern on the Grenadier so don't order these without checking.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
McGard 24516 Black Cone Seat Wheel Locks (M14 x 1.5 Thread Size) - Set of 5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P6D946Q/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

Note that I'm not certain of the thread pattern on the Grenadier so don't order these without checking.
I also saw Gorilla has sets of 5 on amazon in this size:

• M12x1.50 - Dual Hex (3/4 in. and 13/16 in.) - Conical 60 Degree Seat Nut - 0.88 in. wide - 1.57 in. tall

I just need to confirm the correct size to order. Anyone know?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just need to confirm the correct size to order. Anyone know?

They are definitely M14x1.5 nuts (not wheel "bolts" like most Europeans); however I'm not certain if the factory wheels are cone seat or ball seat

Local time
Reaction score
the new LC isn't going to be their flagship model. from what I gather it's going to be mid sized and slide in-between models. in terms of cost as well.

as for looks, I don't know. I'm sure many would go nuts and like a a fj/90 new defender clone. I just hope the design date back further as I really haven't like many Yo designs for over 20 years

if Toyota unveils something like this I'm running down to my AD and pre paying. it seems like the basic model will be low cost as well.

the Lexus gx will be first up. interesting to see the changes to that model.

13a2e7f447f078c681315040a4b6bb79ef848a11.jpeg

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
if Toyota unveils something like this I'm running down to my AD and pre paying. it seems like the basic model will be low cost as well.

the Lexus gx will be first up. interesting to see the changes to that model.

View attachment 7814421
Let's try and keep this thread for the Rollout of the Grenadier in North America, theres plenty of other places on the forum to discuss Land cruisers.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I guess tires aren’t cheap, but if you have steelies in your vehicle, isn’t that a prEtta good deterent from steeling the wheels? Aluminum rims are a couple of grand, right? I guess people steel stuff all the time and will take what they can get…
If the crooks around here will take wheels off old beaters I'm sure they'd love to get their hands on a set of KO2s.

Back
Top Bottom