The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
As far as I know, this is a USA Only Issue and Specific to the ADAS System in the 2024 Model. Feel free to skip the Background editorial and go to the Solution!

Background

I was lucky enough to have an early delivery and picked my Grenadier up on Nov 27th. Scottish White (Love it!), Leather, 17” Alloys, BFG K02s, Rock Sliders, +++. What follows is not about the very long list of things I love about the Grenadier, it’s about one factory configuration Issue that makes me (almost) hate it.

This issue, and it is unfortunately ‘by design,’ is part of the newly released 2024 ADAS System includes Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, Over Speed Alert, and a few other things, are ON by default and must be turned OFF deep in the Display Menu ‘every time’ you restart the vehicle.

It’s hard to explain without experiencing it but the warning Beeps, Clicks and Chimes are beyond annoying. For example, the clicking for Intelligent Speed Assist starts when you hit the stated speed limit in most cases. The amount of beeping in this vehicle is beyond anything I've ever experienced other than an ICU room in a hospital.

As a Public Service Announcement (PSA), I would encourage you to drive it when you go to pick it up.

When I say down deep in the Menu, this is the actual process to turn OFF the Over Speed Alert (Note: My Car starts up in Carplay Mode):

CarPlay > Ineos > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle Functions > ADAS Systems > Intelligent Speed Assist > Over Speed Warning > Over Speed Warning OFF > CarPlay

That is 10 Menu Clicks. Every time you restart the car if you want to turn off Lane Departure, Intelligent Speed Assist, and Over Speed Alert.

For those thinking, ‘This is no big deal, you shouldn’t be driving over the speed limit anyway ….’ Hear me know, believe me later. It is MADDENING. I mainly drive in town, and don’t drive excessively over the speed limit under any circumstances. I’d say speed limit or speed limit +5 MPH, Max. Having alerts going off when you hit the stated speed limit and after, is just wrong in my opinion.

Here is a real-world scenario: You're driving in a 40 MPH Zone .... 39 MPH to 41 MPH. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK Back down to 40 MPH .... hit 42MPH CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Back down to 40 MPH. Speed up to pass a car. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Repeat this scenario on your daily commute. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK, that's a sound you'll be hearing in your sleep!

I am hoping for a Software Update. However, it says in the Manual that these features can be changed (As described above), but again, not saved after turning off the vehicle. Page 136 in the manual.

Solution
This is the best workaround I have come up with for the ADAS issue related to the constant chiming and clicking when you hit the speed limit and go beyond it. It’s not great, but it’s the best I could figure out until we hopefully get a Software Update.

From the Display: Settings > General > CCI Favourite > Settings-ISA

When you start the vehicle, let the Display cycle up / load. Then hit the Favorite Button on the center console. It will bring up the Settings-ISA Screen. Turn Off Over Speed Warning.

Note 1: If you Unselect ‘Speed Limit Info’ you will have a persistent Orange Icon on the Telltale Display (That’s the name of the small screen in front of the Steering Wheel).
Note 2: You still need to do this every time you start the Vehicle but its way better than the 10 Step approach.

I tried a few other things, including Wade Mode which disables many of these systems, and the Deactivate all ADAS Systems. The issue with both of these options is that they light up the Telltale Display like a Christmas Tree.

Again, I am not posting this because I hate my Grenadier, I love it. I just 100% hate the fact that this feature/lack thereof impacts the driving experience for me.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

The first video is configuring the Favorite Button and the second is Start Up / Deactivation.

Attachments

• IMG_0676 (2).mov
    6.2 MB
  • IMG_0681 (4).mov
    5.8 MB
Last edited:

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
As far as I know, this is a USA Only Issue and Specific to the ADAS System in the 2024 Model. Feel free to skip the Background editorial and go to the Solution!

Background

I was lucky enough to have an early delivery and picked my Grenadier up on Nov 27th. Scottish White (Love it!), Leather, 17” Alloys, BFG K02s, Rock Sliders, +++. What follows is not about the very long list of things I love about the Grenadier, it’s about one factory configuration Issue that makes me (almost) hate it.

This issue, and it is unfortunately ‘by design,’ is part of the newly released 2024 ADAS System includes Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, Over Speed Alert, and a few other things, are ON by default and must be turned OFF deep in the Display Menu ‘every time’ you restart the vehicle.

It’s hard to explain without experiencing it but the warning Beeps, Clicks and Chimes are beyond annoying. For example, the clicking for Intelligent Speed Assist starts when you hit the stated speed limit in most cases. The amount of beeping in this vehicle is beyond anything I've ever experienced other than an ICU room in a hospital.

As a Public Service Announcement (PSA), I would encourage you to drive it when you go to pick it up.

When I say down deep in the Menu, this is the actual process is to turn OFF the Over Speed Alert (Note: My Car starts up in Carplay Mode):

CarPlay > Ineos > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle Functions > ADAS Systems > Intelligent Speed Assist > Over Speed Warning > Over Speed Warning OFF > CarPlay

That is 10 Menu Clicks. Every time you restart the car if you want to turn off Lane Departure, Intelligent Speed Assist, and Over Speed Alert.

For those thinking, ‘This is no big deal, you shouldn’t be driving over the speed limit anyway ….’ Hear me know, believe me later. It is maddening. I mainly drive in town, and don’t drive excessively over the speed limit under any circumstances. I’d say speed limit or speed limit +5 MPH, Max. Having alerts going off when you hit the stated speed limit and after, is just wrong in my opinion.

I am hoping for a Software Update. However, it says in the Manual that these features can be changed (As described above), but again, not saved after turning off the vehicle. Page 136 in the manual.

Solution
This is the best workaround I have come up with for the ADAS issue related to the constant chiming and clicking when you hit the speed limit and go beyond it. It’s not great, but it’s the best I could figure out until we hopefully get a Software Update.

From the Display: Settings > General > CCI Favourite > Settings-ISA

When you start the vehicle, let the Display cycle up / load. Then hit the Favorite Button on the center console. It will bring up the Settings-ISA Screen. Turn Off Over Speed Warning.

Note 1: If you Unselect ‘Speed Limit Info’ you will have a persistent Orange Icon on the Telltale Display (That’s the name of the small screen in front of the Steering Wheel).
Note 2: You still need to do this every time you start the Vehicle but its way better than the 10 Step approach.

I tried a few other things, including Wade Mode which disables many of these systems, and the Deactivate all ADAS Systems. The issue with both of these options is that they light up the Telltale Display like a Christmas Tree.

Again, I am not posting this because I hate my Grenadier, I love it. I just 100% hate the fact that this feature/lack thereof impacts the driving experience for me.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Really appreciate your work on this. Mine should be in my hands in ~2 weeks. So very much appreciate your efforts to make this as simple as possible until a better fix found.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
Any chance of a video to show what the speed warning sounds like? And THANK YOU for posting this, I think I can live with that procedure to disarm the warning.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to post and upload helpful videos.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any chance of a video to show what the speed warning sounds like? And THANK YOU for posting this, I think I can live with that procedure to disarm the warning.
Sorry, no video.

It sounds like the "tick" of a blinker's "tick-tock" repeated x4.

Very annoying, but the situation is not quite as bad as I had first expected.
A. It only clicks 4x after you exceed the speed limit. As long as you remain above the limit, it will not warn you again,
2. It is able to be turned off while in motion.

So, very annoying for driving in town, but I was afraid that if I hit the highway and forgot to turn it off, i would either be constantly ticked at or have to pull over to disable.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spoke with Ineos today. The ADAS is either on or off - no ability to set parameters, such as alert if 10 mph over speed limit (something I wouldn't mind), if you want to deactivate, must do so EVERY time you start vehicle; considered safety measure so no plans too change current programming.
It's idiotic. I am hoping an industrious person will come up with a hack for this.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would add, that this isn't a dealer issue, it's an Ineos / design issue. The only way to get this changed is to raise enough awareness online and with the dealers to send a clear message to get these and other things addressed in upcoming software releases.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's idiotic. I am hoping an industrious person will come up with a hack for this.
I'm leaning towards purchasing a bi-directional OBD2 scanner/tablet with ADAS/TPMS (Autel, Launch etc), however seems like nearly all require some sort of subscription plan, meaning after a year or two, if don't pay continually $$$ then left with an expensive paper weight.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spoke with Ineos today. The ADAS is either on or off - no ability to set parameters, such as alert if 10 mph over speed limit (something I wouldn't mind), if you want to deactivate, must do so EVERY time you start vehicle; considered safety measure so no plans too change current programming.
Interesting in that we are getting different answers out of them. AFAIK there is no legal requirement for the feature in the US, so removing or disabling it shouldn’t be an issue. Perhaps the ‘addressing the issue’ doesn’t translate well, but they have set an expectation that it will be changed.

It sounds like we need to make another round of “Oh no you don’t/You had better” emails and social posts to focus their attention.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards purchasing a bi-directional OBD2 scanner/tablet with ADAS/TPMS (Autel, Launch etc), however seems like nearly all require some sort of subscription plan, meaning after a year or two, if don't pay continually $$$ then left with an expensive paper weight.
None of those will provide any sort of control module long coding or flashing abilities though...

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had the laptop / code for BMWs. It was free, but in German! How much is the tablet you are referring to? Thx

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting in that we are getting different answers out of them. AFAIK there is no legal requirement for the feature in the US, so removing or disabling it shouldn’t be an issue. Perhaps the ‘addressing the issue’ doesn’t translate well, but they have set an expectation that it will be changed.

It sounds like we need to make another round of “Oh no you don’t/You had better” emails and social posts to focus their attention.
There is no requirement in the USA, at this point anyway. If it was a real requirement, even in the UK, then you shouldn't be able to turn it off at all. As soon as a 2024 Land Rover, any other vehicle for that matter, comes out, I will go test drive it and see what its feature set is.

Last edited:

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
If ADAS or other features like auto start-stop aren't actually law in the Grenadier's markets this year, and "owners" can't disable them without resorting to aftermarket hacks, then it pisses me off that INEOS waves a "Built On Purpose" banner. Facepalm.

I'm still excited about the truck. But I predict aftermarket mods are going to be very welcome to *simplify* some complexity. Ironically.

Last edited:

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had the laptop / code for BMWs. It was free, but in German! How much is the tablet you are referring to? Thx
About $600.00 USD (+/- depending on modules/services)

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, no video.

It sounds like the "tick" of a blinker's "tick-tock" repeated x4.

Very annoying, but the situation is not quite as bad as I had first expected.
A. It only clicks 4x after you exceed the speed limit. As long as you remain above the limit, it will not warn you again,
2. It is able to be turned off while in motion.

So, very annoying for driving in town, but I was afraid that if I hit the highway and forgot to turn it off, i would either be constantly ticked at or have to pull over to disable.
This is also gonna piss me off. I think the solution is to drive hard past the speed limit and stay there.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is an ADAS fuse. I'm sure it would also disable pre-collision braking too..
I haven't tried pulling it.

Back
Top Bottom