The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Time for a Review…

Kb6tho

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
Having driven 1700 miles in the past couple weeks of ownership I feel I can now comment….

Road and highway handling is comfortable and responsive. On the highway it is a pleasure. The B58 engine provides sufficient power and the interior noise level is amazingly quiet… comparable to our 2024 Subaru Outback. Around town it is also a pleasure to drive. With a larger turning radius one needs to plan accordingly… places the Outback slips into with one fluid movement may take the Grenadier a two-point turn to execute.

A 700 mile road trip saw heavy downpours, quite windy conditions, and a bit of sunny weather too. Did not experience any drenched feet when opening the doors, and the heated seats & climate control kept the cabin very comfortable.

I had my daughter drive off road for an afternoon to gauge how the Grenadier performed for someone with minimal off road experience. She found the controls intuitive and quickly gained confidence in her ability to handle the vehicle. A couple hill climbs and descents and she felt ready to try additional hills. Her “big metric” are sand tracks and washes. This is where she has the most experience and also her greatest challenges. A deep sand wash gave ample opportunity to evaluate the Grenadier. She was suitably impressed. Forward visibility is unsurpassed which greatly enhances your ability to maneuver.

And because they are such hot topics…

Steering: Not an issue. Is it the same as the Outback? No, it is just different. The return to center takes a bit longer, so you simply guide it there. Once around the block and you have it sorted.

ADAS Intelligent Speed Assist- Over Speed Warning: I really think INEOS missed the boat on this one. At least here in the states, 25 MPH speed limits adjacent to schools only apply at certain hours, on certain days, during certain seasons…. yet ADAS is not able to determine if that limit is currently in effect. When overtaking another vehicle, one typically accelerates beyond the posted limit, and ADAS nags you about this. This particular “feature” really has no meaningful value in my humble opinion. There are far more useful choices (Adaptive Cruise Control or Blind Spot Monitoring come to mind) that INEOS could have chosen… perhaps one of these more useful features could be incorporated in future iterations or software updates… please?

Overall the Grenadier meets my current and future needs and then some. 1.9875 thumbs up…. would have been a full two, but ADAS, you know 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_6681.jpeg
    IMG_6681.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6695.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 23

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Having driven 1700 miles in the past couple weeks of ownership I feel I can now comment….

Road and highway handling is comfortable and responsive. On the highway it is a pleasure. The B58 engine provides sufficient power and the interior noise level is amazingly quiet… comparable to our 2024 Subaru Outback. Around town it is also a pleasure to drive. With a larger turning radius one needs to plan accordingly… places the Outback slips into with one fluid movement may take the Grenadier a two-point turn to execute.

A 700 mile road trip saw heavy downpours, quite windy conditions, and a bit of sunny weather too. Did not experience any drenched feet when opening the doors, and the heated seats & climate control kept the cabin very comfortable.

I had my daughter drive off road for an afternoon to gauge how the Grenadier performed for someone with minimal off road experience. She found the controls intuitive and quickly gained confidence in her ability to handle the vehicle. A couple hill climbs and descents and she felt ready to try additional hills. Her “big metric” are sand tracks and washes. This is where she has the most experience and also her greatest challenges. A deep sand wash gave ample opportunity to evaluate the Grenadier. She was suitably impressed. Forward visibility is unsurpassed which greatly enhances your ability to maneuver.

And because they are such hot topics…

Steering: Not an issue. Is it the same as the Outback? No, it is just different. The return to center takes a bit longer, so you simply guide it there. Once around the block and you have it sorted.

ADAS Intelligent Speed Assist- Over Speed Warning: I really think INEOS missed the boat on this one. At least here in the states, 25 MPH speed limits adjacent to schools only apply at certain hours, on certain days, during certain seasons…. yet ADAS is not able to determine if that limit is currently in effect. When overtaking another vehicle, one typically accelerates beyond the posted limit, and ADAS nags you about this. This particular “feature” really has no meaningful value in my humble opinion. There are far more useful choices (Adaptive Cruise Control or Blind Spot Monitoring come to mind) that INEOS could have chosen… perhaps one of these more useful features could be incorporated in future iterations or software updates… please?

Overall the Grenadier meets my current and future needs and then some. 1.9875 thumbs up…. would have been a full two, but ADAS, you know 🤣

Thanks for sharing. Specially the part where you had your daughter took the wheel off-road. I had my daughter read that part since she's been asking when we're getting ours. My daughter likes outdoors, nature, and the beaches. As for me and wife, we'll drive the IG to get our breakfast somewhere on the weekends. Thanks again!

Kb6tho

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Specially the part where you had your daughter took the wheel off-road. I had my daughter read that part since she's been asking when we're getting ours. My daughter likes outdoors, nature, and the beaches. As for me and wife, we'll drive the IG to get our breakfast somewhere on the weekends. Thanks again!
@Jack123 Thank you! My daughter likes the same things... I suspect she may be "just down for a visit... hey let's go for a drive!" more often now :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom