The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:15 AM
Reaction score
There is a lot of garbage unfair reviews out there from people that don’t own a Grenadier, only drove them for a day, and that try to find issues to make their reviews more interesting.

Ok, here is an honest review you can rely on, also to the FN point!

The Ineos Grenadier Fieldmaster with all the options is a super cool vehicle! Riding in it makes you feel like a damn road God! Towering above all other vehicles with a commanding view of the road.

The steering is great! Off road is an amazing steering feel and the on road handling takes one day to master and learn to love! The ADAS system tells you exactly the speed limits, because who the hell knows half the damn time?! Don’t like it, turn it off! Don’t like it and don’t like to make a few clicks, no worries crank up the Motley Crue or Kid Rock and you won’t hear a damn thing! The premium sound is good and the set up and space for upgrading is immense.

The Grenadier looks frickin awesome with great paint and you can literally feel the build quality. This thing is made with hard core materials that will last a long time. Go touch a bumper on a Jeep. Guess what? It’s plastic! Grenadier…steel!

The seats are comfy and the ride smooth and enjoyable. The doors slam and close like a bank vault!

No matter what happens, you will be happy as hell driving down the road and look for reasons to take it out of the garage.

The switches, buttons and layout inside is weird. But weird in a cool ass way that says…hey, I hate boring cars so I chose one with some style! Looks like a fighter cockpit inside and for a damn good reason…it is freaking awesome that way! No other reason is necessary. No other car manufacturers are doing anything remotely interesting, except for the same lame aerodynamic egg shaped garbage so one car looks like all the others. This baby has style and a design that makes sense. What kind of sense? A sense of damn style!! Cool ass style.

My verdict? Fun, stylish and addictive. If you want boring, unpredictable and want to be a sheep and follow the herd, buy something else, this isn’t for you.

Attachments

• C914BDF5-DFC7-4E9E-B192-EC77642F27F2.jpeg
    C914BDF5-DFC7-4E9E-B192-EC77642F27F2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 131
  • D09BC7F4-8DE3-40CB-BBE7-DBF36F8BF0E0.jpeg
    D09BC7F4-8DE3-40CB-BBE7-DBF36F8BF0E0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
  • 3CE91E18-D888-4898-B68A-3414D0E468CE.jpeg
    3CE91E18-D888-4898-B68A-3414D0E468CE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
  • 74FBC045-0ABD-420E-B8B1-7EBC788B208C.jpeg
    74FBC045-0ABD-420E-B8B1-7EBC788B208C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
  • 3E5B5FDB-7B35-4ABB-BE0D-902EE0330CDD.jpeg
    3E5B5FDB-7B35-4ABB-BE0D-902EE0330CDD.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 136
  • 49B399A7-1EAB-4E90-B8D6-BF0CC872B62E.jpeg
    49B399A7-1EAB-4E90-B8D6-BF0CC872B62E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 143

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
There is a lot of garbage unfair reviews out there from people that don’t own a Grenadier, only drove them for a day, and that try to find issues to make their reviews more interesting.

The Ineos Grenadier Fieldmaster with all the options is a super cool vehicle! Riding in it makes you feel like a damn road God! Towering above all other vehicles with a commanding view of the road.

The steering is great! Off road is an amazing steering feel and the on road handling takes one day to master and learn to love! The ADAS system tells you exactly the speed limits, because who the hell knows half the damn time?! Don’t like it, turn it off! Don’t like it and don’t like to make a few clicks, no worries crank up the Motley Crue or Kid Rock and you won’t hear a damn thing! The premium sound is good and the set up and space for upgrading is immense.

The Grenadier looks frickin awesome with great paint and you can literally feel the build quality. This thing is made with hard core materials that will last a long time. Go touch a bumper on a Jeep. Guess what? It’s plastic! Grenadier…steel!

The seats are comfy and the ride smooth and enjoyable. The doors slam and close like a bank vault!

No matter what happens, you will be happy as hell driving down the road and look for reasons to take it out of the garage.

The switches, buttons and layout inside is weird. But weird in a cool ass way that says…hey, I hate boring cars so I chose one with some style! Looks like a fighter cockpit inside and for a damn good reason…it is freaking awesome that way! No other reason is necessary. No other car manufacturers are doing anything remotely interesting, except for the same lame aerodynamic egg shaped garbage so one car looks like all the others. This baby has style and a design that makes sense. What kind of sense? A sense of damn style!! Cool ass style.

My verdict? Fun, stylish and addictive. If you want boring, unpredictable and want to be a sheep and follow the herd, buy something else, this isn’t for you.

FN eh SkiBum1 !!! And that's what I'm talking about! After reading your posts, I want mine NOW!!! :)

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score

Well said.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hi SkiBum1, We are kindred spirits. I spied your VW Van. For me, the Grenadier is a full circle back to my very first vehicle, which was a 1957 VW double door cargo van/bus, (cargo doors on each side). My parents purchased it for me when I turned 16. The first thing I thought when I sat in my VW Van is that I was a pilot. The overhead air vent roof control panel reminded my of a cockpit, so much so, that I put lit switches up on the panel to run interior and exterior lighting. The pancake steering wheel added to the overall feeling of being in a plane. I have been waiting over 55 years to get that same feeling back. My wait is finally over, now that I own a Grenadier. Every time I sit in the cockpit and take off, I am experiencing the pure joy my VW Van brought me. It's full circle and it's an incredible feeling. To say a cliche, "It's Back To The Future".
Thank you Sir Jim!
DaBull

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nailed it

Perfection Chefs Kiss GIF by Rose McGowan

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi SkiBum1, We are kindred spirits. I spied your VW Van. For me, the Grenadier is a full circle back to my very first vehicle, which was a 1957 VW double door cargo van/bus, (cargo doors on each side). My parents purchased it for me when I turned 16. The first thing I thought when I sat in my VW Van is that I was a pilot. The overhead air vent roof control panel reminded my of a cockpit, so much so, that I put lit switches up on the panel to run interior and exterior lighting. The pancake steering wheel added to the overall feeling of being in a plane. I have been waiting over 55 years to get that same feeling back. My wait is finally over, now that I own a Grenadier. Every time I sit in the cockpit and take off, I am experiencing the pure joy my VW Van brought me. It's full circle and it's an incredible feeling. To say a cliche, "It's Back To The Future".
Thank you Sir Jim!
DaBull
DaBull, yeah, we are closer than you imagine then! My first car ever was a 1957 VW standard panel bus. It had no starter so I had to push start it and it cost all of $200 back in the 80s and everyone said I got screwed. I loved it! I do have a 61 23 window bus (which is next to the Grenadier)! I don’t think I have ever been without a split window except for a few short periods in life! Check this out. I completely agree, the Grenadier gives me a bit of a feeling like being in my bus with the height and ability to have the window in front of me with the unique seating position. In fact, I drove my VW to work early last week and loved the drive and got home and thought, if I love the way my VW drives, I must love the Grenadier, so I pulled the trigger. It was a great decision. I look at the grenadier as kind of like a cool ass classic that you can use all day long 365 days a year!

Attachments

• A10224CA-4CF4-4768-B641-5090C87A7AEC.jpeg
    A10224CA-4CF4-4768-B641-5090C87A7AEC.jpeg
    972.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 0C4A2775-5915-43B8-AFDB-0C403109845B.jpeg
    0C4A2775-5915-43B8-AFDB-0C403109845B.jpeg
    577.2 KB · Views: 60
  • F9602251-11FF-485D-90CC-92A123521BA4.jpeg
    F9602251-11FF-485D-90CC-92A123521BA4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 58
  • 2715B77F-6A1A-4DBC-B0B1-6F639BC09EF5.jpeg
    2715B77F-6A1A-4DBC-B0B1-6F639BC09EF5.jpeg
    841.7 KB · Views: 68
Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score

Great review! But to be fair to Jeep:

(1) You can buy a Wrangler with a plastic bumper, which gives you the option of either (a) saving a little money and keeping your vehicle lightweight, or (b) tossing the cheap plastic bumper and upgrading to the aftermarket steel bumper of your choosing (there must be 100 to choose from).

(2) Or you can buy a Wrangler equipped with a steel bumper built by Jeep and installed in the factory.

Sometimes its good to have options.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
DaBull, yeah, we are closer than you imagine then! My first car ever was a 1957 VW standard panel bus. It had no starter so I had to push start it and it cost all of $200 back in the 80s and everyone said I got screwed. I loved it! I do have a 61 23 window bus (which is next to the Grenadier)! I don’t think I have ever been without a split window except for a few short periods in life! Check this out. I completely agree, the Grenadier gives me a bit of a feeling like being in my bus with the height and ability to have the window in front of me with the unique seating position. In fact, I drove my VW to work early last week and loved the drive and got home and thought, if I love the way my VW drives, I must love the Grenadier, so I pulled the trigger. It was a great decision. I look at the grenadier as kind of like a cool ass classic that you can use all day long 365 days a year!
HI SkiBum1, That's incredible you also owned a 1957 VW Van. I love your 23 window VW Van. I imagine you have many stories to tell, owning a VW Van. So many great memories, adventures and stories to tell.

Here's a funny story, although not so funny at the time.
So one week I dropped my VW engine and completely rebuilt it over the weekend. To celebrate my friends and I, who were in high school, decided to ditch school on Monday morning and go surfing. We decided to take a short cut across this large vacant field, which always saved a couple minutes to get to the surf. It had rained the night before and on the dirt road there were large puddles, some which were 10' long and some which were much longer. After driving through 5 or 6 short puddles we came across one that was wider and over 100 yards long. I had driven this dirt road before, however overlooking this mini lake made me nervous so I decided to put on my surf botties on and venture out to make sure it was not too deep. After walking out 20' or so, It was only ankle high, so I backed up the van and decided to take a fast run at it to create as much spray as possible. Remember we had ditched school and were out having fun! We hit this mini lake and spray was going everywhere off to the sides. Then all of sudden the ground dropped out from under us as someone had dug a large hole in the middle of this dirt road.

We started to sink and before I knew it water was coming in everywhere to the point I could no longer see the brake or gas pedals. Luckily we stopped sinking as the tires finally hit bottom. My 3 surf buddies thought is was so funny they open the cargo side doors and started to paddle around on their surfboards. I sat in the cabin and was distraught beyond belief. I had just spent my last dimes rebuilding the engine and now I had sunk the van. I finally got out and waded waist high to the rear engine compartment and opened it. The water was so high I could not see the carburetor, which meant all the water went straight down into my newly rebuilt engine. I won't admit to crying, however I will admit to saying a few choice 4 letter words that were all directed at myself. After a bit I collected myself and started to think about how to extract myself out of this situation. I could not call my parents as then they would know I ditched school.

I then came up with an idea that had no possibility of success, however it was worth a try.
I told my 3 friends I was going to get into the cab and put the VW Van into first gear, which is an extremely low gear, and then I would slowly crank over the starter while they pushed from behind. Amazingly, the starter turned over and over and with the help of my 3 friends pushing, we moved forward inch by inch until we climbed back out of the hole. We then pushed then van to dry land.

I then needed to get the engine up and running, however knew it was full of water. I remembered from science class, that oil floats on water so I grabbed a socket and ratchet from my tool kit that I always carried with me and removed the engine oil drain plug. I could not believe how much water came out of the bottom of that engine. As soon as I started to see oil coming out, I put the plug back in and snugged it up nice and tight. I then dried off all the spark plug wires and the coil wire.. Next was drying out the distributor cap and rotor. I jumped back in the cabin and turned the key and it started right up. I could not believe it Since we still had the rest of the day off and that we were all wet already, we continued on to Hollywood Beach and had a great surf session. Suffice to say, I think I changed the oil 3 times in the next month to flush out anything that got into the engine.

My parents eventually found out, like all parents do. They were fairly easy on me after hearing the whole story. They ended it with, "We told you not to ditch school and promise you will never do that again". I crossed my fingers behind my back and said, "I will never ditch school again"....
DaBull

Last edited:

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I don't think many people would disagree with your review and I think they did a great job with a first-model year, first-time manufacturer, new dealer network vehicle. The negatives people have brought up are real as documented similarly by owners and professional reviewers. I hope the feedback provides a good roadmap for the 2025 Grenadier.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
HI SkiBum1, That's incredible you also owned a 1957 VW Van. I love your 23 window VW Van. I imagine you have many stories to tell, owning a VW Van. So many great memories, adventures and stories to tell.

Here's a funny story, although not so funny at the time.
So one week I dropped my VW engine and completely rebuilt it over the weekend. To celebrate my friends and I, who were in high school, decided to ditch school on Monday morning and go surfing. We decided to take a short cut across this large vacant field, which always saved a couple minutes to get to the surf. It had rained the night before and on the dirt road there were large puddles, some which were 10' long and some which were much longer. After driving through 5 or 6 short puddles we came across one that was wider and over 100 yards long. I had driven this dirt road before, however overlooking this mini lake made me nervous so I decided to put on my surf botties on and venture out to make sure it was not too deep. After walking out 20' or so, It was only ankle high, so I backed up the van and decided to take a fast run at it to create as much spray as possible. Remember we had ditched school and were out having fun! We hit this mini lake and spray was going everywhere off to the sides. Then all of sudden the ground dropped out from under us as someone had dug a large hole in the middle of this dirt road.

We started to sink and before I knew it water was coming in everywhere to the point I could no longer see the brake or gas pedals. Luckily we stopped sinking as the tires finally hit bottom. My 3 surf buddies thought is was so funny they open the cargo side doors and started to paddle around on their surfboards. I sat in the cabin and was distraught beyond belief. I had just spent my last dimes rebuilding the engine and now I had sunk the van. I finally got out and waded waist high to the rear engine compartment and opened it. The water was so high I could not see the carburetor, which meant all the water went straight down into my newly rebuilt engine. I won't admit to crying, however I will admit to saying a few choice 4 letter words that were all directed at myself. After a bit I collected myself and started to think about how to extract myself out of this situation. I could not call my parents as then they would know I ditched school.

I then came up with an idea that had no possibility of success, however it was worth a try.
I told my 3 friends I was going to get into the cab and put the VW Van into first gear, which is an extremely low gear, and then I would slowly crank over the starter while they pushed from behind. Amazingly, the starter turned over and over and with the help of my 3 friends pushing, we moved forward inch by inch until we climbed back out of the hole. We then pushed then van to dry land.

I then needed to get the engine up and running, however knew it was full of water. I remembered from science class, that oil floats on water so I grabbed a socket and ratchet from my tool kit that I always carried with me and removed the engine oil drain plug. I could not believe how much water came out of the bottom of that engine. As soon as I started to see oil coming out, I put the plug back in and snugged it up nice and tight. I then dried off all the spark plug wires and the coil wire.. Next was drying out the distributor cap and rotor. I jumped back in the cabin and turned the key and it started right up. I could not believe it Since we still had the rest of the day off and that we were all wet already, we continued on to Hollywood Beach and had a great surf session. Suffice to say, I think I changed the oil 3 times in the next month to flush out anything that got into the engine.

My parents eventually found out, like all parents do. They were fairly easy on me after hearing the whole story. They ended it with, "We told you not to ditch school and promise you will never do that again". I crossed my fingers behind my back and said, "I will never ditch school again"....
DaBull
That is an amazing story! That experience burns the need to have a VW bus in your life forever! I love it man! Seriously. I don’t have any crazy cool stores like that about my bus. Actually I had the 57 and then traded up for a 63 15 window.

I have great memories of my bus days cruising around San Diego and LA back in the days. Mostly it was drinking and having a great place to crash on a foam mattress in the cargo area. It was kind of like a party bus and I had Christmas lights that ran off an after market cigarette lighter that we Jerry rigged up.

Attachments

• 2DFC72B7-C5E6-40CA-A60F-EC5B3F4496A9.jpeg
    2DFC72B7-C5E6-40CA-A60F-EC5B3F4496A9.jpeg
    926 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is an amazing story! That experience burns the need to have a VW bus in your life forever! I love it man! Seriously. I don’t have any crazy cool stores like that about my bus. Actually I had the 57 and then traded up for a 63 15 window.

I have great memories of my bus days cruising around San Diego and LA back in the days. Mostly it was drinking and having a great place to crash on a foam mattress in the cargo area. It was kind of like a party bus and I had Christmas lights that ran off an after market cigarette lighter that we merry rigged up.
This is the only photo of my 63 15 window bus from the 80s. I painted it myself, put in wood paneling on the inside, the back was a foam mattress, hibachi and cooler for beer. The magic bus name was an old hippie throwback to early Oregon! I loved this bus. Bought it in Oregon for $500 and drove it to LA!

Attachments

• 14BA1021-9D27-49C2-82DC-EC6F341E0561.jpeg
    14BA1021-9D27-49C2-82DC-EC6F341E0561.jpeg
    926 KB · Views: 38

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I have great memories of my bus days cruising around San Diego and LA back in the days. Mostly it was drinking and having a great place to crash on a foam mattress in the cargo area. It was kind of like a party bus and I had Christmas lights that ran off an after market cigarette lighter that we Jerry rigged up.
Hi Skibum1, If it was a party bus, then the memories are there, just a bit hazy if you know what I mean. Yes, I have got to put a VW Bus on my bucket list, just need to refill the bucket first. The Grenadier is an endless money pit, in a good way. DaBull

Sean

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Put it this way….
I have a Fieldmaster and a Porsche Taycan GTS.
Very different cars, for very different reasons.
One is more fun than the other, turns heads more often, is more practical and I’ve had less issues with it (although both have been good one has had the occasional electrical gremlin).

I can’t keep both though as I don’t often drive one of them and the drive is full- so sadly one is going next week, and it’s the Grenadier I’m keeping.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Put it this way….
I have a Fieldmaster and a Porsche Taycan GTS.
Very different cars, for very different reasons.
One is more fun than the other, turns heads more often, is more practical and I’ve had less issues with it (although both have been good one has had the occasional electrical gremlin).

I can’t keep both though as I don’t often drive one of them and the drive is full- so sadly one is going next week, and it’s the Grenadier I’m keeping.

YES!!! IG IT IS!!!

Back
Top Bottom