The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas First week = 500+ Miles Review

northshoreboarder

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
Pre-Ordered Aug 16th 2023. I ended up not waiting for my original order, which is still waiting to be shipped or on a boat to the West Coast. I was able to locate the vehicle I wanted from Mossy in Houston Texas and they did an awesome job getting it out to me. They also installed my options taking pictures along the way and showing me the build once done before shipping.

Just to make it easy, I will input my thoughts here of my first week with the vehicle and some of my own opinions. Don't get upset if your opinions are different than mine. (-:

Also for the record, here is my list of past/current 4x4's I've owned. Nissan ext cab truck, Nissan Xterra, Land Rover Disco Series 2, Range Rover 2nd Gen, Jeep JK, Toyota Tundra, Disco 3rd gen, Jeep JL, Ram Power Wagon, Bronco Raptor. Currently I have the Bronco Raptor and the IG.

• Take the first few hours and learn everything you can about the vehicle before driving it. I say this because from the radio to the driver notification/alerts it does take some time to determine how everything functions. After this long I can honestly say I appreciate the design and like all attributes.
  • Alerts that have gone off since I got it. "Tire pressure too low" "Tire pressure too high" "Front camera blocked" and of course speed limit and lane assist were blowing up while driving on narrow mountain paved roads. None were faulty alerts and were justified.
  • The on road ride quality is better than expected given feedback I've read/watched in reviews
  • Wind noise is better than Jeep JL and Bronco Raptor above 70MPH
  • Gas gauge and remaining miles to empty are not too accurate yet on my vehicle. Will watch to see if they improve. I had 90 miles to empty, turned off the car then back on and it went all the way down to 30 miles to empty. Also the gauge itself is a bit misleading
  • Turn radius it worst among any vehicle I can remember. It really will cause many 2 and 3 point turns where Jeeps and Bronco will easily make it.
  • The window step motor is super weak, not sure if this is just a me problem but it rolls up super slow like its struggling.
  • The seats are super comfortable and visibility is really good in every seat position
I'll stop for now but will get more offroad feedback later. We have a few storms coming up this weekend and next week so should get some good snow testing in. So far so good, I really like it and no regrets! This vehicle acts very much like my Disco Series 2 in many ways, which was one of my fav 4x4's.

Attachments

• PXL_20240316_184000065.jpg
    PXL_20240316_184000065.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20240316_184049181.jpg
    PXL_20240316_184049181.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 33

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
Pre-Ordered Aug 16th 2023. I ended up not waiting for my original order, which is still waiting to be shipped or on a boat to the West Coast. I was able to locate the vehicle I wanted from Mossy in Houston Texas and they did an awesome job getting it out to me. They also installed my options taking pictures along the way and showing me the build once done before shipping.

Just to make it easy, I will input my thoughts here of my first week with the vehicle and some of my own opinions. Don't get upset if your opinions are different than mine. (-:

Also for the record, here is my list of past/current 4x4's I've owned. Nissan ext cab truck, Nissan Xterra, Land Rover Disco Series 2, Range Rover 2nd Gen, Jeep JK, Toyota Tundra, Disco 3rd gen, Jeep JL, Ram Power Wagon, Bronco Raptor. Currently I have the Bronco Raptor and the IG.

• Take the first few hours and learn everything you can about the vehicle before driving it. I say this because from the radio to the driver notification/alerts it does take some time to determine how everything functions. After this long I can honestly say I appreciate the design and like all attributes.
  • Alerts that have gone off since I got it. "Tire pressure too low" "Tire pressure too high" "Front camera blocked" and of course speed limit and lane assist were blowing up while driving on narrow mountain paved roads. None were faulty alerts and were justified.
  • The on road ride quality is better than expected given feedback I've read/watched in reviews
  • Wind noise is better than Jeep JL and Bronco Raptor above 70MPH
  • Gas gauge and remaining miles to empty are not too accurate yet on my vehicle. Will watch to see if they improve. I had 90 miles to empty, turned off the car then back on and it went all the way down to 30 miles to empty. Also the gauge itself is a bit misleading
  • Turn radius it worst among any vehicle I can remember. It really will cause many 2 and 3 point turns where Jeeps and Bronco will easily make it.
  • The window step motor is super weak, not sure if this is just a me problem but it rolls up super slow like its struggling.
  • The seats are super comfortable and visibility is really good in every seat position
I'll stop for now but will get more offroad feedback later. We have a few storms coming up this weekend and next week so should get some good snow testing in. So far so good, I really like it and no regrets! This vehicle acts very much like my Disco Series 2 in many ways, which was one of my fav 4x4's.
Still have my 96 manual Discovery! 3700 miles on the "G". Enjoy the ride!

Back
Top Bottom