The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Grenadier Review in Motor Trend / ADAS Awareness

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think your comment “The amount of beeping in this vehicle is beyond anything I've ever experienced other than an ICU room in a hospital." Covers it. Just hope Sir Jim reads it.
THANK YOU, and YES!

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
Eurocopters have an excessive amount of gongs and bongs going on all the freaking time too. Maybe I got used to that annoyance, but the Gren isn’t that bad. The speed limit selection off selection has actually held through several power cycles for me. I keep hitting the favorite button to go turn it off, and it already is. The real travesty that nobody has mentioned is that climate control only offers even numbers!!! How am I supposed to set it to 69°, the perfect temperature?!

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
Eurocopters have an excessive amount of gongs and bongs going on all the freaking time too. Maybe I got used to that annoyance, but the Gren isn’t that bad. The speed limit selection off selection has actually held through several power cycles for me. I keep hitting the favorite button to go turn it off, and it already is. The real travesty that nobody has mentioned is that climate control only offers even numbers!!! How am I supposed to set it to 69°, the perfect temperature?!
Try having your menopausal wife in the car - with single climate zone for both passengers :cool:

Last edited:

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For better or worse, ADAS made the first few paragraphs in the Motor Trend review. And, I'm now, 'That one owner from Nashville.' Nice review overall but definitely was expecting ADAS to hit the top line of the article! It does show the impact that Forums and Groups have.

Link no worky? Issue with website?

didn't work in iPhone in Safari or Chrome. Works on a MAC

Last edited:

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hate to say something negative, but that quote about ADAS, while eloquent and interesting from a fiction point of view, (easy quick sound bite) creates more drama versus reality. It isn’t as bad as the quote indicates. This is one persons’ view and without mentioning that there is a shortcut button to turn this off in a few seconds, one would assume that the car chirps at you all the time. It doesn’t. Simple as that.

No one mentioned that with the stereo on while driving, you hear literally nothing. In addition, once it goes off it stops…keep speeding, no big deal. Or, again, just make two quick touches of the screen and it is off. Really, it isn’t a big deal.

The Grenadier is getting undeserved negativity here and it simply isn’t reflective of the day to day enjoyment of the vehicle.

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
I hate to say something negative, but that quote about ADAS, while eloquent and interesting from a fiction point of view, (easy quick sound bite) creates more drama versus reality. It isn’t as bad as the quote indicates. This is one persons’ view and without mentioning that there is a shortcut button to turn this off in a few seconds, one would assume that the car chirps at you all the time. It doesn’t. Simple as that.

No one mentioned that with the stereo on while driving, you hear literally nothing. In addition, once of goes off it stops…keep speeding, no big deal. Or, again, just make two quick touches of the screen and it is off. Really, it isn’t a big deal.

The Grenadier is getting some undeserved negativity here and I simply isn’t reflective of the day to day enjoyment of the vehicle.
Hi SkiBum1, I completely agree with you. I was not sure what to expect in regards to the ADAS overspeed warning. My dealer, Rusnak, programed the shortcut onto the favorites button in my Grenadier and it is just 2 touches to turn it off. Touch favorites. Toggle off on the screen. It is a complete non-issue. I actually enjoy going through my pilot check list on my Grenadier before take off. DaBull

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed - however, without that shortcut button it would be quite a lengthy process to turn it off all of the time.

bradb622

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I’m still hopeful for a software update that will free up that favourite button for something else.

What I absolutely love is how little is controlled by the screen, how little I actually have to interact with it. I’ll never get tired of these big chunky buttons that don’t distract me from the thing I enjoy the most, which is just driving this thing.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
Being a new owner I can understand the annoyance of the ADAS beeping. My biggest gripe is that it misreads the speeds on my local surface streets and thinks their 25 mph versus the 40 they are and is constantly beeping at me. Most of my driving during the week is off highway surface streets so this inconsistent nanny device could totally wear on some folks. I personally love the vehicle and am awaiting the release of an aftermarket solution or factory.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's not beeping, it's clicking. If you listen to music with the same beats per minute it's almost imperceptible with the drum beat. Listening to the Beatles seem to work best.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The worst thing about the ADAS is that you could be going 41 in a 40 but in reality you may actually be going 40 or even 39 because the speedo s over reporting your speed….

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's not beeping, it's clicking. If you listen to music with the same beats per minute it's almost imperceptible with the drum beat. Listening to the Beatles seem to work best.

The ADAS is definitely the Ringo of car features…

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The ADAS is definitely the Ringo of car features…
The Beatles Reaction GIF

Thems are fighting words

Back
Top Bottom