The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Picked up My Grenadier!

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
My dealer quoted $1800 for ceramic coating today. I'm a "wash the truck once a year" guy so I decided to sleep on it a few days.
That is why I get ceramic done. The cheapest wash or garden hose makes the truck showroom floor clean.

Last edited:

EFR5722

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All – I picked up my Grenadier earlier this week from Regal in Atlanta. They did a great job with the handover. I think I was the first delivery in the Southeast so I got the full RIG experience with the Owner, General Manager, and a whole team of other great people.

I love the Scottish White Color. It's not a Bright White like you see on Range Rovers or G-Wagons. It's more of an Eggshell and looks really sharp in my opinion. I know a lot of people went with the steel wheels. I made a last-minute change before ordering and went with the 17” Alloys. Again, I was surprised at the color, which is more of a dark grey metallic, and love it. Especially with the BFG K02s.

All of my add-ons were installed pre-delivery except the Checker Plate which will hopefully be available soon. They are easy to install so not worried about that when the time comes.

I logged about 250 miles driving back to Nashville. This included one obligatory stop at Buc-ee’s on the way back and a refill at Costco when I got back to Nashville. It drives very well at highway speeds. More corrections than driving a newer Range Rover but not bad.

I’ve had a chance to put some city miles on it over the last few days. The steering-related stuff that people have been discussing isn’t an issue or even noticeable to me.

The one issue, and it is unfortunately ‘by design,’ is the newly released ADAS system for the 2024 models. ADAS has Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, and a few other things, is ON by default and must be turned OFF fairly deep in the display menu every time you restart the vehicle.

It’s hard to explain without experiencing it but the warning beeps and clicks are beyond annoying. For example, the clicking for ISA starts at 1 MPH over the speed limit in most cases and it’s like fingernails on the chalkboard to me. That’s even with the sound turned down to the lowest level.

Here is a real-world scenario: You're driving in a 40 MPH Zone .... 39 MPH to 41 MPH. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK Back down to 40 MPH .... hit 42MPH CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Back down to 40 MPH. Speed up to pass a car. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Repeat this scenario on your daily commute. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK, that's a sound you'll be hearing in your sleep!

This process to turn it off, which is CRAZY To me is 10 STEPS:

CarPlay > Ineos > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle Functions > ADAS Systems > Intelligent Speed Assist > Over Speed Warning > Over Speed Warning OFF > Carplay
Note: My startup screen is Carplay

AND, you have to do it EVERY SINGLE TIME you start the vehicle.

I am hoping for a software option / fix. However, it says in the manual that these features can be changed, but again, not saved after turning off the vehicle. Page 136 in the manual is attached

Edit: I came up with a partial solution that minimizes the steps to Three by using the Favorite Button. Not great but better.

Overall, Looks great, rock solid on the road, and very happy with the fit and finish. But that one issue is killing the experience.

View attachment 7834600View attachment 7834602View attachment 7834603View attachment 7834601View attachment 7834606
View attachment 7834605
I am right there with you, I hate this ridicules feature. My dealer did put the short cut in my favorites so when i picked mine up it was set up but now I have to look at a warning light all the time. I love everything but that. It ruins my day. and every that drives with me is either like why does it keep making rackety or why is there a warning light on. They have to fix this!!!

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
I am right there with you, I hate this ridicules feature. My dealer did put the short cut in my favorites so when i picked mine up it was set up but now I have to look at a warning light all the time. I love everything but that. It ruins my day. and every that drives with me is either like why does it keep making rackety or why is there a warning light on. They have to fix this!!!
Agree (Obviously)!

You should NOT have a warning light if you are only turning off the Speed Alert. If you turn off either Lane Departure or Speed Limit Signs, can't recall right now, you will get one light, and if you turn off all ADAS it lights up basically the whole control panel!

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you just turn off the speed limit notice (can’t remember exactly what it’s called) you don’t get any warning lights and it turns off the audible warning.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
My Checker Plate arrived this afternoon. Metal (not plastic) and a really nice matte black color! This is one of my favorite old Defender features.

Holes will be drilled .... it installs with about 8 pop rivets and double sticky tape!

View attachment 7840874View attachment 7840875

Very nice Offroad! I'm jealous! I ordered this option as well. Can't wait to get mine!!!

Manzino

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up my Trialmaster from the dealer on Wednesday morning and had a 100 mile drive back home. Have used it as a daily driver so far this week. Quick first impressions:

Overall I love the vehicle and how it drives, and of course how it looks. I had test-driven it but after being around it constantly for a few days, it's even more impressive.

Definitely need two hands on the wheel at high speeds (over 65 mph). Caught myself drifting out of my lane on the highway a few times if I wasn't actively engaged with the steering.

The whole touch screen UI is going to take some getting used to, it is not intuitive and as a result has not been easy to navigate, even less so while driving. Also, the time display is quite small and it took me a few drives to even notice it there.

At night, the whole area behind and around the steering wheel is rather dark with no lighting, displays or instruments there. Not necessarily a bad thing but I've never had a vehicle with that area unlit so it just feels off, and I find my eyes drawn to the center display more, rather than looking ahead to the road where they should be.

But I'm pleased with the purchase and looking forward to driving it more and getting it off road soon.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up my Trialmaster from the dealer on Wednesday morning and had a 100 mile drive back home. Have used it as a daily driver so far this week. Quick first impressions:

Overall I love the vehicle and how it drives, and of course how it looks. I had test-driven it but after being around it constantly for a few days, it's even more impressive.

Definitely need two hands on the wheel at high speeds (over 65 mph). Caught myself drifting out of my lane on the highway a few times if I wasn't actively engaged with the steering.

The whole touch screen UI is going to take some getting used to, it is not intuitive and as a result has not been easy to navigate, even less so while driving. Also, the time display is quite small and it took me a few drives to even notice it there.

At night, the whole area behind and around the steering wheel is rather dark with no lighting, displays or instruments there. Not necessarily a bad thing but I've never had a vehicle with that area unlit so it just feels off, and I find my eyes drawn to the center display more, rather than looking ahead to the road where they should be.

But I'm pleased with the purchase and looking forward to driving it more and getting it off road soon.
The lack of lights in front of the driver does take getting used to. The vehicle being so boxy leads to reflections in weird places, after dark especially. Not a problem but it's just odd, as an example, when driving in the rain after dark to catch a glimpse of what looks like the rear wiper going, but the rear glass is still wet.bThen you realize that it's just the front wiper, projected outside the back window.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks for the sharing! I can't wait to have mine and should be arriving within 2 months.

I guess in any vehicle there's always something. But I found that the Japanese have all the basis mostly covered - comfort, accessibility, ease of use, visibility, etc. Not a direct comparison but my wife has a brand new Range Rover Sport P400 and there are few things that I don't like about it. Some of the controls are not very intuitive and if you don't use them all the time, you'll forget how to set them - quite annoying.

I think for the IG, I just love looking at the vehicle and my test drives felt awesome. And regardless of all the very good and not so very good that may come with it, I will have such a great time driving it. I can't wait!!!

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for the sharing! I can't wait to have mine and should be arriving within 2 months.

I guess in any vehicle there's always something. But I found that the Japanese have all the basis mostly covered - comfort, accessibility, ease of use, visibility, etc. Not a direct comparison but my wife has a brand new Range Rover Sport P400 and there are few things that I don't like about it. Some of the controls are not very intuitive and if you don't use them all the time, you'll forget how to set them - quite annoying.

I think for the IG, I just love looking at the vehicle and my test drives felt awesome. And regardless of all the very good and not so very good that may come with it, I will have such a great time driving it. I can't wait!!!
Well said!

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
Personally, I am bothered very little, if at all, by the built in-metronome-click-track when I exceed the speed limit. But I’m a musician so, I’ve been listening to those things for hours on end for 45 years. I am not distracted. I don’t think it’s worth canceling an order over but since my Trial Master was a canceled order… one man’s trash is another man‘s treasure.

Back
Top Bottom