The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Picked up My Grenadier!

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
All – I picked up my Grenadier earlier this week from Regal in Atlanta. They did a great job with the handover. I think I was the first delivery in the Southeast so I got the full RIG experience with the Owner, General Manager, and a whole team of other great people.

I love the Scottish White Color. It's not a Bright White like you see on Range Rovers or G-Wagons. It's more of an Eggshell and looks really sharp in my opinion. I know a lot of people went with the steel wheels. I made a last-minute change before ordering and went with the 17” Alloys. Again, I was surprised at the color, which is more of a dark grey metallic, and love it. Especially with the BFG K02s.

All of my add-ons were installed pre-delivery except the Checker Plate which will hopefully be available soon. They are easy to install so not worried about that when the time comes.

I logged about 250 miles driving back to Nashville. This included one obligatory stop at Buc-ee’s on the way back and a refill at Costco when I got back to Nashville. It drives very well at highway speeds. More corrections than driving a newer Range Rover but not bad.

I’ve had a chance to put some city miles on it over the last few days. The steering-related stuff that people have been discussing isn’t an issue or even noticeable to me.

The one issue, and it is unfortunately ‘by design,’ is the newly released ADAS system for the 2024 models. ADAS has Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, and a few other things, is ON by default and must be turned OFF fairly deep in the display menu every time you restart the vehicle.

It’s hard to explain without experiencing it but the warning beeps and clicks are beyond annoying. For example, the clicking for ISA starts at 1 MPH over the speed limit in most cases and it’s like fingernails on the chalkboard to me. That’s even with the sound turned down to the lowest level.

Here is a real-world scenario: You're driving in a 40 MPH Zone .... 39 MPH to 41 MPH. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK Back down to 40 MPH .... hit 42MPH CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Back down to 40 MPH. Speed up to pass a car. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Repeat this scenario on your daily commute. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK, that's a sound you'll be hearing in your sleep!

This process to turn it off, which is CRAZY To me is 10 STEPS:

CarPlay > Ineos > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle Functions > ADAS Systems > Intelligent Speed Assist > Over Speed Warning > Over Speed Warning OFF > Carplay
Note: My startup screen is Carplay

AND, you have to do it EVERY SINGLE TIME you start the vehicle.

I am hoping for a software option / fix. However, it says in the manual that these features can be changed, but again, not saved after turning off the vehicle. Page 136 in the manual is attached

Edit: I came up with a partial solution that minimizes the steps to Three by using the Favorite Button. Not great but better.

Overall, Looks great, rock solid on the road, and very happy with the fit and finish. But that one issue is killing the experience.

9095F9CA-3792-426E-9427-185E47ED3D03.jpeg3D7587E4-5460-479E-B462-C96D0F3ADB2E.jpeg7DCA7E91-4887-4A8B-9536-E728BBE34466.jpeg4C24B18E-02EF-42F1-B548-86B9E8F7EEAC.jpeg4E1B3ADA-659C-4E2C-8564-F852543EBBA4.jpeg
A156FD2F-A3D4-446E-A464-6C06A1939035.jpeg

Attachments

• 87A40D25-2197-4BF0-AEA6-805FA40E10D2.jpeg
    87A40D25-2197-4BF0-AEA6-805FA40E10D2.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 185
Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7834600View attachment 7834601View attachment 7834602View attachment 7834603View attachment 7834605View attachment 7834606View attachment 7834607View attachment 7834600View attachment 7834601View attachment 7834602View attachment 7834603View attachment 7834605View attachment 7834606All – I picked up my Grenadier earlier this week from Regal in Atlanta. They did a great job with the handover. I think I was the first delivery in the Southeast so I got the full RIG experience with the Owner, General Manager, and a whole team of other great people.

I love the Scottish White Color. It's not a Bright White like you see on Range Rovers or G-Wagons. It's more of an Eggshell and looks really sharp in my opinion. I know a lot of people went with the steel wheels. I made a last-minute change before ordering and went with the 17” Alloys. Again, I was surprised at the color, which is more of a dark grey metallic, and love it. Especially with the BFG K02s.

All of my add-ons were installed pre-delivery except the Checker Plate which will hopefully be available soon. They are easy to install so not worried about that when the time comes.
I logged about 250 miles driving back to Nashville. This included one obligatory stop at Buc-ee’s on the way back and a refill at Costco when I got back to Nashville. It drives very well at highway speeds. More corrections than driving a newer Range Rover but not bad.

I’ve had a chance to put some city miles on it over the last few days. The steering-related stuff that people have been discussing isn’t an issue or even noticeable to me.

The one issue, and it is unfortunately ‘by design,’ is the newly released ADAS system for the 2024 models. ADAS has Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, and a few other things, is ON by default and must be turned OFF fairly deep in the display menu every time you restart the vehicle.

It’s hard to explain without experiencing it but the warning beeps and clicks are beyond annoying. For example, the clicking for ISA starts at 1 MPH over the speed limit in most cases and it’s like fingernails on the chalkboard to me. That’s even with the sound turned down to the lowest level.

CarPlay > Ineos > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle Functions > ADAS Systems > Intelligent Speed Assist > Over Speed Warning > Over Speed Warning OFF > Carplay

I am hoping for a software option / fix. However, it says in the manual that these features can be changed, but again, not saved after turning off the vehicle. Page 136 in the manual is attached

Overall, Looks great, rock solid on the road, and very happy with the fit and finish. But that one issue is ruining the experience.
Howdy @Offroad, congratulations on your Grenadier. I'm pleased that you in US are now gradually getting your vehicles in the US.
I'm looking forward to your further experiences.
Keep on Grenadiering! 🤠

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats. Totally chuffed for you (and equally jealous).

Random question-what the deal with the little hut? Just a decoration that is like a mini Grenadier Pub?

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congradulations! First one in the SE. Looks like it was a beautiful day too. Your IG looks terrific! I'm glad the Regal experience was positive as well. You'll have to post up your impressions after a couple of weeks and throw a bone to the rest of us. :)(y)

Looks great! Drive safe.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cover the camera?

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
the clicking for ISA starts at 1 MPH over the speed limit in most cases and it’s like fingernails on the chalkboard to me. That’s even with the sound turned down to the lowest level.
Isn't there a number you can set before it triggers? I am assuming that your system is basically the same as the iDrive in Bmw's - if that's the case, there has to be a setting where you can choose the number over the speed limit.

Maybe this will help:

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats. Totally chuffed for you (and equally jealous).

Random question-what the deal with the little hut? Just a decoration that is like a mini Grenadier Pub?
The Regal guys did a good job personalizing their facility. I loved the fire pit thing. They built a 'pub house' for a stray cat, now named Sir Jim' that lives around the dealership.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
There is a favorite button near the rotary dial for the screen, can that be programed to the "Over Speed Warning" page?

Just an idea while we await news of a software update/fix.

TomE

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Howdy @Offroad, congratulations on your Grenadier. I'm pleased that you in US are now gradually getting your vehicles in the US.
Keep on Grenadiering! 🤠
Keep on Grenadiering! 🤠
@Offroad

Dude! Thanks for the update and congrats on your SLED !!! I'm patiently waiting for Regal to call and tell me its ready. I think a few accessories are my delay. Please keep us updated on any known initial issues that we will need to be thinking about. Having been (and still) Range Rover family for over 30yrs I know there will be the quirky things we come to accept. Excited for you!

Thanks again for post

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All – I picked up my Grenadier earlier this week from Regal in Atlanta. They did a great job with the handover. I think I was the first delivery in the Southeast so I got the full RIG experience with the Owner, General Manager, and a whole team of other great people.

Overall, Looks great, rock solid on the road, and very happy with the fit and finish. But that one issue is killing the experience.

View attachment 7834600View attachment 7834602View attachment 7834603View attachment 7834601View attachment 7834606
View attachment 7834605
Did you get any swag with your purchase?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If they don’t modify it, I’ll probably cancel my order. I’m not going to have a car that tut-tuts me constantly. Here in DEnver, to stop people from going 50 on side streets, they lowered the speed limit from 25 to 20Mph on residential streets. My car will sound like it has Tourrets.

I’m not anti-safety features, the following radars, lane departures are all things I can understand. The speed thing I get, but at 1mph over? And let’s just overlook the big-brother tech of constantly scanning for speed signs. I can’t think of anything more against the DNA of this vehicle than a 1mph speed nanny feature. I don’t care about EU mandates. Fix it.

A thread on this topic:

In it is says the AUS version can be tweaked, it would be nice to find out if that is available.

ALSO, I have to assume that the test drive vehicles don’t have this. How, is a starting question. Are they telling people, “Oh, by the way, your delivery version is going to sound like a cricket on meth.” If the demos don’t do it, and the delivery vehicles do, that is a bait and switch.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
Hopefully someone will come up with a software “hack” to permanently disable that kind of stuff - including auto-stop start!
Hey Krabby, really, the start-stop function doesn't bother me at all! It works that fast, that you almost don't notice it! It was my first experience with such a system, and even if there should be a hack to disable it completely, I will not!

And congratulations @Offroad for the first (I guess) delivery to someone on this forum!

Back
Top Bottom