The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Picked up My Grenadier!

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
The current dealer demos are 2023 or 2023.5 models or whatever. The annoying Nannie’s are added for MY 2024. Dangit! Did not want a vehicle with all that crap on it! Anxiously awaiting software fix I guess.

K.M

Production/Transit
Local time
1:24 AM
Reaction score
Just talked to the wife. She is a ‘hard no’ on the vehicle if that isn’t easily defeatable. I also wonder about the ethics and legality of the demonstrators not having the tech but delivery cars do. Jeep has button on the dash for defeating the stop/start. Ineos better figure out how to work up one of those spots on the cool control areas to work on this.

Can someone confirm that the current demonstrators, not the earlier ones, don’t have this?
The dealer vehicle I test drove on the street in Oct had a dedicated button on the dash to disable start/stop, but it reset automatically when the ignition was turned off/on.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
Does it click at you momentarily as you exceed the speed limit?
Or does it continuously click at you the entire time you are above the limit?

SVP7

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree. Start / Stop is annoying but the ADAS is INTOLERABLE.
@Offroad, can you confirm if the start/stop button was removed or still there and just need to push it off after you start the truck. Think some confusion in the chains above. Thanks

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
Just talked to the wife. She is a ‘hard no’ on the vehicle if that isn’t easily defeatable. I also wonder about the ethics and legality of the demonstrators not having the tech but delivery cars do. Jeep has button on the dash for defeating the stop/start. Ineos better figure out how to work up one of those spots on the cool control areas to work on this.

Can someone confirm that the current demonstrators, not the earlier ones, don’t have this?
Never happened on my demo - so they had better address before I pick mine up at the end of the month otherwise this is a show stopper. Something chirping, clicking or doing anything distracting I cannot disable easily/permanently will end my Grenadier journey before it even starts. I'm going to think positive that this was a complete oversight or software issue that did not plague JUE477.

I would hope the company is listening close to this forum - install the nanny state system in some other market - maybe North Korea. Everyone needs to be active on the forum with their opinions here

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Never happened on my demo - so they had better address before I pick mine up at the end of the month otherwise this is a show stopper.
Demos don't have ADAS

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Offroad could you give a try to turning off-road mode on when you start the vehicle and see if it disables all the ADAS nannies? This could be a much faster shortcut.... Either that or just put a piece of black tape over the camera, it'll never see anything and thus can't tell you you're over the posted speed limit.

Off-road mode will also definitely disable start/stop

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Offroad could you give a try to turning off-road mode on when you start the vehicle and see if it disables all the ADAS nannies? This could be a much faster shortcut.... Either that or just put a piece of black tape over the camera, it'll never see anything and thus can't tell you you're over the posted speed limit.

Off-road mode will also definitely disable start/stop
Where is the camera?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where is the camera?
Top of the windshield, pretty much the same spot every manufacturer uses for their cameras at this point (except for Subaru that uses two cameras)

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why is everyone suddenly so worked up about the speed limit warning? I am sure the option to alter the speed limit alert will be added in a software update (if it is not there already). Also, when I used to have Bmws - there was an option to alter the alert threshold. And my dealer was also able to program auto start/stop so it does not reset on a restart. These are all trivial things that Ineos can easily add especially since they are using the same iDrive system as Bmw.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why is everyone suddenly so worked up about the speed limit warning? I am sure the option to alter the speed limit alert will be added in a software update (if it is not there already). Also, when I used to have Bmws - there was an option to alter the alert threshold. And my dealer was also able to program auto start/stop so it does not reset on a restart. These are all trivial things that Ineos can easily add especially since they are using the same iDrive system as Bmw.

Dont think its I-drive - but something like it

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Top of the windshield, pretty much the same spot every manufacturer uses for their cameras at this point (except for Subaru that uses two cameras)
I believe if the speed sign recognition does not work it defaults to GPS map data which has speed zones.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I believe if the speed sign recognition does not work it defaults to GPS map data which has speed zones.
I don't believe there is any in-built mapping data, even in the MY2024 vehicles; all mapping relies on Apple Carplay/ Android Auto

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
I don't believe there is any in-built mapping data, even in the MY2024 vehicles; all mapping relies on Apple Carplay/ Android Auto
So can’t sync your phone if using tape over camera technique?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ADAS/ISA does not depend on the GPS in the infotainment center- it uses a GPS antenna to locate the vehicle and an internal database of speed limits/zones to identify the speed limit where you are.

I cannot find any reference where this is a requirement for MY24 US cars, but it is certainly one for MY24 cars in Europe. I'd be amazed if Ineos (and aftermarket tools) don't offer defeats and or customization for this at some point.

It seems that there are very few differences between US MY24 cars and those being delivered to Europe.

I'm curious what the impact would be of just unplugging the GPS antenna.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Range Rover has the ADAS stuff - in cold weather with ice over the sensors & camera the display told you ‘systems unavailable’. If the sounds are really unbearable cover the sensors and camera.
The bongs are annoying but you do get used to them (Citroen, Rangey, MB) and some are actually useful - lane departure/blind spot/ speed limit where there are speed cameras to give tickets out as gifts. It is the active cruise control slowing me down that I find most annoying.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Taking your Grenadier to Buc-ees, man life does not get any better than that!
I personally know the owners. One of them’s name is Beaver and his dog was Buckee. They went to school with my dad and uncle. When they were first expanding they said “we can’t not make money on I10”. Now I swear they’re like the Waltons. They own the trucking/fuel side of the house, too. Zero investors.

Back
Top Bottom