The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Picked up My Grenadier!

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:23 AM
Reaction score
Hey Krabby, really, the start-stop function doesn't bother me at all! It works that fast, that you almost don't notice it! It was my first experience with such a system, and even if there should be a hack to disable it completely, I will not!

And congratulations @Offroad for the first (I guess) delivery to someone on this forum!
Thank you. I think I was the first in the Southeast, not because I'm special but because I forgot to order the trailer hitch!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:23 AM
Reaction score
I received a very cool Yeti-like cooler! And a coffee Mug! And a t-shirt!
Great, and it also matches the colour of the car. It's magic. Mushroom (the box), isn't it. ;)

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is going to kill me. Have you spoken with Ineos about it? Going to leave the thing idling a lot when running errands I guess.
I did but this is a manufacturer issue, I think. As mentioned over and over, it's killing me! As more are delivered I'm hoping we can send a clear message in the Kings English and get this taken care of!

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All – I picked up my Grenadier earlier this week from Regal in Atlanta. They did a great job with the handover. I think I was the first delivery in the Southeast so I got the full RIG experience with the Owner, General Manager, and a whole team of other great people.

I love the Scottish White Color. It's not a Bright White like you see on Range Rovers or G-Wagons. It's more of an Eggshell and looks really sharp in my opinion. I know a lot of people went with the steel wheels. I made a last-minute change before ordering and went with the 17” Alloys. Again, I was surprised at the color, which is more of a dark grey metallic, and love it. Especially with the BFG K02s.

All of my add-ons were installed pre-delivery except the Checker Plate which will hopefully be available soon. They are easy to install so not worried about that when the time comes.
I logged about 250 miles driving back to Nashville. This included one obligatory stop at Buc-ee’s on the way back and a refill at Costco when I got back to Nashville. It drives very well at highway speeds. More corrections than driving a newer Range Rover but not bad.

I’ve had a chance to put some city miles on it over the last few days. The steering-related stuff that people have been discussing isn’t an issue or even noticeable to me.

The one issue, and it is unfortunately ‘by design,’ is the newly released ADAS system for the 2024 models. ADAS has Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, and a few other things, is ON by default and must be turned OFF fairly deep in the display menu every time you restart the vehicle.

It’s hard to explain without experiencing it but the warning beeps and clicks are beyond annoying. For example, the clicking for ISA starts at 1 MPH over the speed limit in most cases and it’s like fingernails on the chalkboard to me. That’s even with the sound turned down to the lowest level.

This process to turn it off, which is CRAZY To me is 10 STEPS:

CarPlay > Ineos > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle Functions > ADAS Systems > Intelligent Speed Assist > Over Speed Warning > Over Speed Warning OFF > Carplay
Note: My startup screen is Carplay

AND, you have to do it EVERY SINGLE TIME you start the vehicle.

I am hoping for a software option / fix. However, it says in the manual that these features can be changed, but again, not saved after turning off the vehicle. Page 136 in the manual is attached

Overall, Looks great, rock solid on the road, and very happy with the fit and finish. But that one issue is killing the experience.

View attachment 7834600View attachment 7834602View attachment 7834603View attachment 7834601View attachment 7834606
View attachment 7834605
I have an Alpine White LR '96 Discovery ... uncle named it the "Beasty Marshmellow" long ago! Love her!!

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Regal guys did a good job personalizing their facility. I loved the fire pit thing. They built a 'pub house' for a stray cat, now named Sir Jim' that lives around the dealership.
Was thinking that may be a cat house! Is that a Telephone booth bird feeder?

Xrford

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
@Offroad any chance that you could snap a picture of your payload sticker and list the model and the factory ordered optional accessories on your vehicle?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Cover the camera?
I want to know what happens if we cover it. My guess is that there will be some kind of error message. I really hate this. My benz beeps and brakes with all these safety features too. Hate it.

TomE

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
If they don’t modify it, I’ll probably cancel my order. I’m not going to have a car that tut-tuts me constantly. Here in DEnver, to stop people from going 50 on side streets, they lowered the speed limit from 25 to 20Mph on residential streets. My car will sound like it has Tourrets.

I’m not anti-safety features, the following radars, lane departures are all things I can understand. The speed thing I get, but at 1mph over? And let’s just overlook the big-brother tech of constantly scanning for speed signs. I can’t think of anything more against the DNA of this vehicle than a 1mph speed nanny feature. I don’t care about EU mandates. Fix it.

A thread on this topic:

In it is says the AUS version can be tweaked, it would be nice to find out if that is available.

ALSO, I have to assume that the test drive vehicles don’t have this. How, is a starting question. Are they telling people, “Oh, by the way, your delivery version is going to sound like a cricket on meth.” If the demos don’t do it, and the delivery vehicles do, that is a bait and switch.
I wonder if you can cover the sensor that's reading speed signs so it gets no reading.... Not sure what other data is needed by this however..just a thought

TomE

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I want to know what happens if we cover it. My guess is that there will be some kind of error message. I really hate this. My benz beeps and brakes with all these safety features too. Hate it.

thinking same. in heavy fog my RR speed detection just doesn't register...

moosetown

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
We need the equivalent of a Tazer but for the Gren: https://www.zautomotive.com/

with it, on my Jeep, I can:
  • set tire size to correct the speedometer, efficiency, and shift points
  • make auto/stop start default to off
  • override what the computer thinks is the axle gear ratio
  • delete the front axle disconnect from the computer (I put in a Dana 60 front)
I have no idea how to hack a vehicle, but I do write vehicle software.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just talked to the wife. She is a ‘hard no’ on the vehicle if that isn’t easily defeatable. I also wonder about the ethics and legality of the demonstrators not having the tech but delivery cars do. Jeep has button on the dash for defeating the stop/start. Ineos better figure out how to work up one of those spots on the cool control areas to work on this.

Can someone confirm that the current demonstrators, not the earlier ones, don’t have this?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any downside to just putting it in off-road mode all the time? I know it turns off the parking sensors and start stop.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where do the warning sounds come from?
The sound system speakers, or a dedicated speaker?

I once had a car with a dedicated bonging sound maker. I unplugged it. No more bongs.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any downside to just putting it in off-road mode all the time? I know it turns off the parking sensors and start stop.
IIRC, the offroad setting is re-enabled at a set speed. IT also turns off the air bags and the proximity sensors.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
IIRC, the offroad setting is re-enabled at a set speed. IT also turns off the air bags and the proximity sensors.
As long as that speed is above normal urban speeds that's great. I don't need airbags since they don't blow out far enough to hit me and they just add cost to repairs.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is an issue that Ineos has to address. I appreciate that government regulations may have forced some changes. But this is clearly a miss by Ineos and their engineering teams. Earlier today, my wife got notice that her Rivian is shipping. Having never driven an electric vehicle myself, we went down for a test drive. Many of these same issues were on the Rivian, but the rep just pulled up a menu and disabled the offending ones. Made me suddenly wonder if I was going to regret getting the IG every time I get into it.

Come on Ineos, you can do better than this.

Back
Top Bottom