The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Just picked up my grenadier in Chicago!

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score
I finally picked up my Grenadier in Chicago at Knauz! It is Donny Grey, Fieldmaster, rough pack, auxiliary batteries, camp table, carpets w carpet mats, KO tires, black leather, privacy glass, ladder, interior utility rail, external utility belt, rock sliders, differential locks…I also had them put on the front clear mask and the exoshield widow protector. It was a great experience and the dealer was great!

I love the vehicle. I have put 50 miles on it and I can tell you, that in my opinion, a lot of the people that are making comments on the ADAS system, steering and other minor issues probably are just being a bit picky. The steering is very good. I like it actually. Yes, I correct a bit on the freeway, but no problem at all. I parked at a restaurant and backed into a tight spot w no issues. The Grenny is super comfortable, the iPhone works great on the touch screen and there is Sirius system set up as well.

The vehicle is super cool looking and (hate to say it) quite trendy! My only comment and it is it negative, is that the Donny grey looks black from a distance so some dirt will show up more than on other colors. That is fine though it looks amazing.

I like it better than I thought I would. I was nervous as hell paying a smudge over $100k (tax, title and registration and clear mask). So that was a relief! This isn’t my daily driver, but may be for a few months until I get used to it.

Oh, the side mirrors aren’t bad. The visibility could be better, but no worries, just turn your head and you are perfectly fine. It isn’t as big a problem as some people claim. Again, the steering is what it is suppose to be. No different than a Jeep for gosh sakes. I like it.

Attachments

• 8E985F4C-DEE9-4943-87AC-82C531B8DCB5.jpeg
    8E985F4C-DEE9-4943-87AC-82C531B8DCB5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
  • 6FE4ABBA-ED44-40BE-9513-599AC1F7BA29.jpeg
    6FE4ABBA-ED44-40BE-9513-599AC1F7BA29.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 99
  • 14DDFC5D-F492-483C-B926-B33799F6DF73.jpeg
    14DDFC5D-F492-483C-B926-B33799F6DF73.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
  • EBC3A877-D016-4853-BF0D-378C16CCC327.jpeg
    EBC3A877-D016-4853-BF0D-378C16CCC327.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
  • A98BDE96-E2EE-4D45-A70C-4B9EBCC7F9F7.png
    A98BDE96-E2EE-4D45-A70C-4B9EBCC7F9F7.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 93
  • 6826AA78-0FE1-43B9-801E-6BB2957EE720.png
    6826AA78-0FE1-43B9-801E-6BB2957EE720.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 105

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
I finally picked up my Grenadier in Chicago at Knauz! It is Donny Grey, Fieldmaster, rough pack, auxiliary batteries, camp table, carpets w carpet mats, KO tires, black leather, privacy glass, ladder, interior utility rail, external utility belt, rock sliders, differential locks…I also had them put on the front clear mask and the exoshield widow protector. It was a great experience and the dealer was great!

I love the vehicle. I have put 50 miles on it and I can tell you, that in my opinion, a lot of the people that are making comments on the ADAS system, steering and other minor issues probably are just being a bit picky. The steering is very good. I like it actually. Yes, I correct a bit on the freeway, but no problem at all. I parked at a restaurant and backed into a tight spot w no issues. The Grenny is super comfortable, the iPhone works great on the touch screen and there is Sirius system set up as well.

The vehicle is super cool looking and (hate to say it) quite trendy! My only comment and it is it negative, is that the Donny grey looks black from a distance so some dirt will show up more than on other colors. That is fine though it looks amazing.

I like it better than I thought I would. I was nervous as hell paying a smudge over $100k (tax, title and registration and clear mask). So that was a relief! This isn’t my daily driver, but may be for a few months until I get used to it.

Oh, the side mirrors aren’t bad. The visibility could be better, but no worries, just turn your head and you are perfectly fine. It isn’t as big a problem as some people claim. Again, the steering is what it is suppose to be. No different than a Jeep for gosh sakes. I like it.
Congratulations! And have fun with your new companion!

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score

Very nice Skibum1!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to get mine soon!!!

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations. Honestly I do find the mirrors a touch small for a vehicle that can tow this weight but they work.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

1000% congrats!!! 🎉

I’m with Knauz also. Just curious, what’s your guess at how many Grenadiers they have on their lot. The lot looks PACKED!

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1000% congrats!!! 🎉

I’m with Knauz also. Just curious, what’s your guess at how many Grenadiers they have on their lot. The lot looks PACKED!
They have probably 40 or so. Just a guess and 90% are marked “sold”. The showroom was quite busy with a lot of people learning about the Grenadier. I was told they have delivered 68 grenadiers since January throughout the Midwest. It was a great experience and seriously, we love the new Grenadier more than we thought we would.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats!
When we headed out to Knuaz (apparently pronounced Ka - Nawz, hard K) and Juila was very helpful. Billy and Dave also great. Communication may be a little delayed at times, but we also try to remember that there are many others with questions/concerns/etc about the Ineos and only a handful of them.

Steering gets better as "breaks in" (tires wear, driver 'learns').

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats! Agree with much of your conclusions. I think you will find the visibility issue is easily adapted to. I think for a vehicle of this size the visibility is great. I had a Lexus UX (small hatchback) and the Grenadier visibility is much better!

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats! Agree with much of your conclusions. I think you will find the visibility issue is easily adapted to. I think for a vehicle of this size the visibility is great. I had a Lexus UX (small hatchback) and the Grenadier visibility is much better!
Yeah, I think the visibility is just fine. We have a Mercedes GLS 450 suv (2019) and a Mercedes E550 coupe. Some very cool and luxurious rides. So coming from that luxury you would think I would be critical, but I am not. We love the Grenadier with all of its quirks and uniqueness. We just love it!

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They have probably 40 or so. Just a guess and 90% are marked “sold”. The showroom was quite busy with a lot of people learning about the Grenadier. I was told they have delivered 68 grenadiers since January throughout the Midwest. It was a great experience and seriously, we love the new Grenadier more than we thought we would.
There are actually 90+ Grenadiers currently onsite at Knauz

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked mine up March 14 from Curry (Danbury, CT). Great dealership. Super crew. They had a bunch too. Some folks that ordered had some killer builds but when they got the call, they decided against purchase. Stuff happens. The day I was there, I believe they had 7 closings. Still a bunch on the lot and they are selling!

My initial experience has been great. LOVE the truck. Only issue is a right rear parking sensor acting wonky. No biggie. Steering that some complain about I LOVE it. I used to off road in the mountains of Utah. Trust me, you’ll appreciate this set up!

As to the nanny cam, at first I thought I’d hate it. I’m beginning to get used to it. The lane departure chime is actually nice to have. The collision alarm is also a good to have. The speed limit clicker could go to one click from the three (I think it’s three) clicks it gives. Minor thing. I thought it would be worse. Nope.

I think some folks who complain about this truck would be better served in a Land Rover. Those aren’t trucks anymore. Coils don’t fail (well they could but you probably have bigger problems than the coil) but air suspensions almost always do. Toys and gee whiz bango bango are both expensive to fix and prone to failure. INEOS designed out as much of those problems as possible.

The regulators were their only problem—thus the nanny cam.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Picked mine up March 14 from Curry (Danbury, CT). Great dealership. Super crew. They had a bunch too. Some folks that ordered had some killer builds but when they got the call, they decided against purchase. Stuff happens. The day I was there, I believe they had 7 closings. Still a bunch on the lot and they are selling!

My initial experience has been great. LOVE the truck. Only issue is a right rear parking sensor acting wonky. No biggie. Steering that some complain about I LOVE it. I used to off road in the mountains of Utah. Trust me, you’ll appreciate this set up!

As to the nanny cam, at first I thought I’d hate it. I’m beginning to get used to it. The lane departure chime is actually nice to have. The collision alarm is also a good to have. The speed limit clicker could go to one click from the three (I think it’s three) clicks it gives. Minor thing. I thought it would be worse. Nope.

I think some folks who complain about this truck would be better served in a Land Rover. Those aren’t trucks anymore. Coils don’t fail (well they could but you probably have bigger problems than the coil) but air suspensions almost always do. Toys and gee whiz bango bango are both expensive to fix and prone to failure. INEOS designed out as much of those problems as possible.

Congratulations Ethree!!! Me jealous!!! :) The fact that the truck is different in every possible ways, I love it even more. I'm hoping to get a call next week, and hopefully pick it up by end of month! Can't wait!!!

BTW - post some pics!!!

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
. Steering that some complain about I LOVE it. I used to off road in the mountains of Utah. Trust me, you’ll appreciate this set up!

The regulators were their only problem—

Very true words about the Grenadier...the steering is great and the wheel doesn't rip out of your hands in ruts because of this setup...brilliant...happy motoring (y)

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Congratulations ethree! Enjoy!
DaBull

KDX

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Glad to hear it was a great experience with Knauz! One of those on the lot is mine just waiting for me to grab it (Shale Blue). I appreciate your feedback on the quality of the ride, very useful. I am very spoiled with my current daily drive and was a little unsure if I could make this my daily. Can't wait to get it.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Glad to hear it was a great experience with Knauz! One of those on the lot is mine just waiting for me to grab it (Shale Blue). I appreciate your feedback on the quality of the ride, very useful. I am very spoiled with my current daily drive and was a little unsure if I could make this my daily. Can't wait to get it.
I visited Knauz Ineos yesterday (closed on Sundays) to seek out my Shale Blue that they shared had arrived.
Unable to locate mine on their website nor in person and now awaiting confirmation (hopefully it inside somewhere?).
I biasedly took a few photos of only the Shale Blue ones so let me know options and I can post you a pic?
1) steelies, side steps, fender checker plate, side rails, roof bars, tow hitch
2) Fieldmaster?, alloy wheels, side rails, tow hitch, spare tire lock storage
3) front & rear tow hitch
4) winch
5) "showstopper" displayed in showroom - red frame, Fieldmaster, side rails, Knauz hard case spare cover
6) Fieldmaster, side rails

Back
Top Bottom