The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
so who's gonna be the guinea pig and pull that fuse for us?
do it jewish GIF

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score

Grapa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As far as I know, this is a USA Only Issue and Specific to the ADAS System in the 2024 Model. Feel free to skip the Background editorial and go to the Solution!

Background

I was lucky enough to have an early delivery and picked my Grenadier up on Nov 27th. Scottish White (Love it!), Leather, 17” Alloys, BFG K02s, Rock Sliders, +++. What follows is not about the very long list of things I love about the Grenadier, it’s about one factory configuration Issue that makes me (almost) hate it.

This issue, and it is unfortunately ‘by design,’ is part of the newly released 2024 ADAS System includes Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, Over Speed Alert, and a few other things, are ON by default and must be turned OFF deep in the Display Menu ‘every time’ you restart the vehicle.

It’s hard to explain without experiencing it but the warning Beeps, Clicks and Chimes are beyond annoying. For example, the clicking for Intelligent Speed Assist starts when you hit the stated speed limit in most cases. The amount of beeping in this vehicle is beyond anything I've ever experienced other than an ICU room in a hospital.

As a Public Service Announcement (PSA), I would encourage you to drive it when you go to pick it up.

When I say down deep in the Menu, this is the actual process is to turn OFF the Over Speed Alert (Note: My Car starts up in Carplay Mode):

CarPlay > Ineos > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle Functions > ADAS Systems > Intelligent Speed Assist > Over Speed Warning > Over Speed Warning OFF > CarPlay

That is 10 Menu Clicks. Every time you restart the car if you want to turn off Lane Departure, Intelligent Speed Assist, and Over Speed Alert.

For those thinking, ‘This is no big deal, you shouldn’t be driving over the speed limit anyway ….’ Hear me know, believe me later. It is maddening. I mainly drive in town, and don’t drive excessively over the speed limit under any circumstances. I’d say speed limit or speed limit +5 MPH, Max. Having alerts going off when you hit the stated speed limit and after, is just wrong in my opinion.

I am hoping for a Software Update. However, it says in the Manual that these features can be changed (As described above), but again, not saved after turning off the vehicle. Page 136 in the manual.

Solution
This is the best workaround I have come up with for the ADAS issue related to the constant chiming and clicking when you hit the speed limit and go beyond it. It’s not great, but it’s the best I could figure out until we hopefully get a Software Update.

From the Display: Settings > General > CCI Favourite > Settings-ISA

When you start the vehicle, let the Display cycle up / load. Then hit the Favorite Button on the center console. It will bring up the Settings-ISA Screen. Turn Off Over Speed Warning.

Note 1: If you Unselect ‘Speed Limit Info’ you will have a persistent Orange Icon on the Telltale Display (That’s the name of the small screen in front of the Steering Wheel).
Note 2: You still need to do this every time you start the Vehicle but its way better than the 10 Step approach.

I tried a few other things, including Wade Mode which disables many of these systems, and the Deactivate all ADAS Systems. The issue with both of these options is that they light up the Telltale Display like a Christmas Tree.

Again, I am not posting this because I hate my Grenadier, I love it. I just 100% hate the fact that this feature/lack thereof impacts the driving experience for me.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

The first video is configuring the Favorite Button and the second is Start Up / Deactivation.
As a Grenadier owner, this ADAS issue is very annoying and frustrating at the same time.

Having to circle the menu every time I turn on the vehicle to see the Over speed limit is ON again as a default setting is Frustrating.

So thanks to you for this TIP using the cci Favorite > Setting -ISA makes turning off a lot easier and quick.

Meanwhile Hopefully the next INEOS software update will include this and make the vehicle save and remember current user setting as default and not going back to factory settings.
thanks

mburke019

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
Ok, IMG_2773.jpegIMG_2774.jpegI just pulled it. The good news is the annoying sound stops.

The bad news is the dash lights up like a Christmas Tree. Looks like it also disables the auto break. Also, the Centre screen displays an annoying warning.

I'm going to put it back, but Ineos please fix this! I shouldn’t have to decide between basic safety features or a sound like I’ve left my indicator on.

Attachments

• IMG_2772.jpeg
    IMG_2772.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, View attachment 7836325View attachment 7836326I just pulled it. The good news is the annoying sound stops.

The bad news is the dash lights up like a Christmas Tree. Looks like it also disables the auto break. Also, the Centre screen displays an annoying warning.

I'm going to put it back, but Ineos please fix this! I shouldn’t have to decide between basic safety features or a sound like I’ve left my indicator on.
HERO! Thank you, Mburke!

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone tried covering the front camera?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, View attachment 7836325View attachment 7836326I just pulled it. The good news is the annoying sound stops.

Thank you for your efforts!

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
Email ineos corporate. Strength in numbers. There is no regulatory need for any of this. Market specific software is commonplace these days, and that key-value is trivial to put in and persist.

What I would like is the ability to persist one following settings:
Over speed warning = off, 0mph, +5mph, +10mph, +15mph, +20mph, +5%, +10%, +15%, +20%

I would probably set it at 15% for myself in my jurisdiction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom