The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

Gman53

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:49 AM
Reaction score
My dealer (RDS) explained they have a 2-step solution to turn off the ADAS ISA, that only involves hitting the favorites knob/button (?), then one tap on the screen. They will set this up for every customer. He also said they have pushed this back to Ineos, saying EU regulations are “Not acceptable in the USA”. I think we all need to provide this feedback direct to Ineos.
Not acceptable to me either and I hope Regal Ineos will set this up as well for all of their customers/deliveries.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer (RDS) explained they have a 2-step solution to turn off the ADAS ISA, that only involves hitting the favorites knob/button (?), then one tap on the screen. They will set this up for every customer. He also said they have pushed this back to Ineos, saying EU regulations are “Not acceptable in the USA”. I think we all need to provide this feedback direct to Ineos.
So funny, That's MY 2-Step solution! So much for not filing a Patent! it's actually MY 3 Step solution because you have to go back to the Main Menu. Great that they are reading the Groups and Forums though and great that they are providing feedback to Ineos!

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Grapa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
a member called off-road published the 2-step solution to the very annoying and frustrating ADAS - Over speed Limit-
I just did it on mine and it saves you at least 8 steps while we wait for INEOS to fix it:

Solution
This is the best workaround I have come up with for the ADAS issue related to the constant chiming and clicking when you hit the speed limit and go beyond it. It’s not great, but it’s the best I could figure out until we hopefully get a Software Update.

From the Display: Settings > General > CCI Favourite > Settings-ISA

When you start the vehicle, let the Display cycle up / load. Then hit the Favorite Button on the center console. It will bring up the Settings-ISA Screen. Turn Off Over Speed Warning.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In respect to the aggravation of the ADAS, I called Ineos to voice my complaint. This is the response I received back today.

In case a traffic sign shows a speed limit our system will pick it and show it to the driver, if no speed limit signs are available the system will use the one stored from internal maps.
The value stored in the map is the one typically set by local authorities or observed via traffic signs on the road. (similar to the info google maps or waze may give you on the app).
If the driver wants to regularly go faster than the sign displayed by the ISA function without having warnings they can remove the overspeed waring (please see ISA settings below).
We also have a quick-access that can be set to the ISA settings.

You can turn OFF ADAS function in the settings in the HU.
All ADAS functions will turn back ON in the next ignition cycle.

All ADAS functions will be OFF if you engage Off-road mode.

On the ISA function you can set the following:
Speed limit info will turn off the ISA function -> reset to ON at ignition cycle
Overspeed warning will turn off the audio and visual warning if you go over the displayed speed limit. -> reset to ON at ignition cycle.
Speed change warning will turn off a tone to indicate the driver a new speed limit is detected -> will stay in the selected state after new ignition.

The isa function uses both information from the camera sensor together with specialized maps stored in the Head unit (state-of-the-art data fusion).
To keep the ISA function with best performance it is recommended update the map database every year.
Yearly updates are be provided by INEOS and users can see if a new file is available with the QR code.
The FAT32 USB is not mandatory but recommended.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
In respect to the aggravation of the ADAS, I called Ineos to voice my complaint. This is the response I received back today.

In case a traffic sign shows a speed limit our system will pick it and show it to the driver, if no speed limit signs are available the system will use the one stored from internal maps.
The value stored in the map is the one typically set by local authorities or observed via traffic signs on the road. (similar to the info google maps or waze may give you on the app).
If the driver wants to regularly go faster than the sign displayed by the ISA function without having warnings they can remove the overspeed waring (please see ISA settings below).
We also have a quick-access that can be set to the ISA settings.

You can turn OFF ADAS function in the settings in the HU.
All ADAS functions will turn back ON in the next ignition cycle.

All ADAS functions will be OFF if you engage Off-road mode.

On the ISA function you can set the following:
Speed limit info will turn off the ISA function -> reset to ON at ignition cycle
Overspeed warning will turn off the audio and visual warning if you go over the displayed speed limit. -> reset to ON at ignition cycle.
Speed change warning will turn off a tone to indicate the driver a new speed limit is detected -> will stay in the selected state after new ignition.

The isa function uses both information from the camera sensor together with specialized maps stored in the Head unit (state-of-the-art data fusion).
To keep the ISA function with best performance it is recommended update the map database every year.
Yearly updates are be provided by INEOS and users can see if a new file is available with the QR code.
Did you tell them that you wanted to see them making this an opt-in feature rather than per ignition cycle opt-out (or is this something you don't care about)?

i find the whole opt-out per drive super annoying on the vehicles i've tested this on.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you tell them that you wanted to see them making this an opt-in feature rather than per ignition cycle opt-out (or is this something you don't care about)?

i find the whole opt-out per drive super annoying on the vehicles i've tested this on.
This whole "opt in" "opt out" language is too imprecise.

I feel we should request the vehicle remember our preferences after shut down and restart cycle.
That should make everyone happy. (except perhaps INEOS' lawyers)

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Interesting. Well then, another proposed hack:

1. Put sticker on windshield, obscuring ISA camera so it falls back to map data.
2. Update head unit's ISA map data so all roads are tagged with a 160 km/h speed limit.

Joking not joking. That'll shut it up.

This requires some file format knowledge. No problem. When INEOS publishes their promised shop/maintenance/CAD documents for the Grenadier (they're coming soon, right?) I'm sure they'll share the file format to put on a USB stick for a DIY map update. 🤞 :ROFLMAO: 🙏

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
This whole "opt in" "opt out" language is too imprecise.

I feel we should request the vehicle remember our preferences after shut down and restart cycle.
That should make everyone happy. (except perhaps INEOS' lawyers)

The lawyers have no beef in this. I think they did this to avoid having to maintain two firmware releases, one for EU and one for US.

Remember settings over ignition cycles is fine with me.
I tend to use a specific language, occupational habit... 🤘

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Email ineos corporate. Strength in numbers. There is no regulatory need for any of this. Market specific software is commonplace these days, and that key-value is trivial to put in and persist.

What I would like is the ability to persist one following settings:
Over speed warning = off, 0mph, +5mph, +10mph, +15mph, +20mph, +5%, +10%, +15%, +20%

I would probably set it at 15% for myself in my jurisdiction.
That and we need to not be in Offroad mode with brights on to get our aux lights. That's an aussy thing.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I picked mine up today and with the speed limit of 60 ran about 75 down i10 with the flow of traffic. It only went off during the transition through 60mph but then never came back on again.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I picked mine up today and with the speed limit of 60 ran about 75 down i10 with the flow of traffic. It only went off during the transition through 60mph but then never came back on again.
That's not so bad. I thought at first of nagging chimes the whole time one is above the speed limit.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:49 PM
Reaction score
That and we need to not be in Offroad mode with brights on to get our aux lights. That's an aussy thing.

Aussies need to have high beams on for the auxiliary lights to operate, but not off-road mode. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom