The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

jamgolf

Forum Supporter
Local time
1:39 PM
Reaction score
Requested a refund. I am officially OUT.
It’s been nice following the vehicle’s development as well as conversations here.

I want a “do everything” + “forever” vehicle, so I have placed an order for a G-Wagon, which I feel meets my personal requirements better.

Best wishes to all !

Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
Requested a refund. I am officially OUT.
It’s been nice following the vehicle’s development as well as conversations here.

I want a “do everything” + “forever” vehicle, so I have placed an order for a G-Wagon, which I feel meets my personal requirements better.

Best wishes to all !

doesn't seem like you'll miss out on that much if this is your back up plan. and what you miss out on you gain in other areas.

for me, once I got over the realization that I hate handing over 85k, I asked myself what is my alternative plan?

sure I would like a vintage defender 90 but prices are pretty expensive for a nice used model 50-120k .

I could always pivot back to the bronco if I wanted to and save quite a bit. I won't hold my breath on the new Lexus gx but it's a diff ride and look, but it's 10k less. also.....the new LC which will probably. look like a mini fj cruiser/Honda Element.

sadly,. brands do not take chances with designs. there really isn't anything else like the grenadier on the market. and while it isn't my fav homage it's better than almost everything. + how can I buy a vintage 90 over this with heavy miles at a similar price

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
Where are you guys from the states getting your feedback about the “new” landcruiser you’re going to get?

Toyota aren’t going to make a new model just for the states.

If you don’t get a Lexus version of the 300 Series you’ll end up with the new Prado, which they’ll call a landcruiser (and currently do - Landcruiser Prado) but it won’t be a real landcruiser and not nearly as tough. If it’s not the 300 and won’t be diesel, the best you can hope for is a decent sized petrol engine.

Local time
Reaction score
Where are you guys from the states getting your feedback about the “new” landcruiser you’re going to get?

If you don’t get a Lexus version of the 300 Series you’ll end up with the new Prado, which they’ll call a landcruiser (and currently do - Landcruiser Prado) but it won’t be a real landcruiser and not nearly as tough. If it’s not the 300 and won’t be diesel, the best you can hope for is a decent sized petrol engine.

the new US LC is going to be unveiled after the Lexus gx. Toyota has patents on designs and the best educated guess that many have is that it's going to be called a lite-crusier and be equipped with an ev. this has been rumored for several years with mock ups that even Toyota provided. the price point seems to be low/mid range as well

of course it's speculation as to what its going to look like or if it's even this. but the sleuths are pretty good at what they do. I won't hold my breath on a vintage/homage 70 4x4 Prado..but you never know

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
The US already gets the 300 as the Lexus600. A new LC wouldn't fit in Toyotas line up. They have that covered with the new Sequoia, which they claim shares the underbody with the LC300. And the soon to be updated 4Runner.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score

They’re talking about the Prado (aka unofficially the LandCruiser ‘250’), tipped to get the 2.4 litre in line four used in the new Toyota Crown or the 2.8 in the current Prado. Knowing Toyota, someone in Aichi is out there hitting it with the ugly stick as we speak.

Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
Vc
The US already gets the 300 as the Lexus600. A new LC wouldn't fit in Toyotas line up. They have that covered with the new Sequoia, which they claim shares the underbody with the LC300. And the soon to be updated 4Runner.
Their new SUV lineup shares the same basic global architecture (TNGA-F), but sizes are different. The Sequoia has a 10" longer wheelbase than the 300. The LC, IMO is right there in the sweet spot for wheelbase, and the Grenadier is right there as well. I really don't like the 600, wish they designed it with better angles smaller grill.

I agree they won't bring the 200 here, but the new Prado (and 4Runner) should have the same frame (different size) as the 300, which could mean a mid-size beast. We will see. Based on what I am seeing with the new Tacoma, I'm 99% sure I'll sell my wife's 2020 4Runner and get her the 6th gen, or a Prado if it comes here (not sure I want a GX).

Local time
Reaction score
Vc

Their new SUV lineup shares the same basic global architecture (TNGA-F), but sizes are different. The Sequoia has a 10" longer wheelbase than the 300. The LC, IMO is right there in the sweet spot for wheelbase, and the Grenadier is right there as well. I really don't like the 600, wish they designed it with better angles smaller grill.

I agree they won't bring the 200 here, but the new Prado (and 4Runner) should have the same frame (different size) as the 300, which could mean a mid-size beast. We will see. Based on what I am seeing with the new Tacoma, I'm 99% sure I'll sell my wife's 2020 4Runner and get her the 6th gen, or a Prado if it comes here (not sure I want a GX).

the new LC is suppose to be framework as the Lexus gx without the bells and whistles. the new gx will be unveiled next week

they teased limited photos. a Russian site may a mock of of those limited pics. they're good at what they do.

lexus-gx-new-rear2.jpeg

the speculation in regards to the new LC. it might be a more rugged version of the new Lexus gx. or it might be this an ev baby land cruiser. it doesn't look like the same framework. but this model should be coming to their lineup regardless. when, I don't know but they've been working on this car for a long time.

toyota-compact-cruiser-yellow-1655220401.jpeg

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lexus hasn’t made a front grille that wasn’t fuggly as hell in the past few years. The back of the GX looks good. Put that with the front from the Tacoma, and you have something - probably a 4Runner…

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone worried that Greg Clark has not made a new video lately? Like he's too ashamed with the pricing they announced.

Not sure if this is serious or just a humor post... I've posted about it before, but the pricing is substantially (10-15%) below what I was expecting.

Despite any of that, I don't see why Greg would need to publish another video??? I could potentially see another video after the pre-order window closes with an update on number of pre-orders; or perhaps one after production begins.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if this is serious or just a humor post... I've posted about it before, but the pricing is substantially (10-15%) below what I was expecting.

Despite any of that, I don't see why Greg would need to publish another video??? I could potentially see another video after the pre-order window closes with an update on number of pre-orders; or perhaps one after production begins.
I’ve a hunch something is in the works…..

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
When do we think deliveries for USA start?

Local time
Reaction score
According to the last I read (or heard on the NC test drive, I forget) they are targeting a handful of delivers by the end of the year, but the bulk to start in Q1 24.

Local time
Reaction score
According to the last I read (or heard on the NC test drive, I forget) they are targeting a handful of delivers by the end of the year, but the bulk to start in Q1 24.
At the Seattle test drive, they said the goal was to get a large amount of the early reservations filled. Production will be the limitation, but with the 5000 unit annual CAFE exemption, they hope to get as close to that as possible this year. As I recall they hoped to have at least 3k in 2023.

Local time
Reaction score
At the Seattle test drive, they said the goal was to get a large amount of the early reservations filled. Production will be the limitation, but with the 5000 unit annual CAFE exemption, they hope to get as close to that as possible this year. As I recall they hoped to have at least 3k in 2023.
Wow that's definitely way more optimistic than my last update. I hope they are right/on target! Would be cool to have these in the wild here before EOY.

Back
Top Bottom