The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
It totally breaks my heart, but the GX hit it out of the park (never been a lexus fan). Over 9000 lb towing capacity is what has me interested. Pricing can't be too crazy compared to the old one, but I'm going to take a close look once they land. But it is now reason #6285 why the IG doesn't make sense (but still looks amazing) if I'm going to be objective.
Correction: 8000 lbs.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
It totally breaks my heart, but the GX hit it out of the park (never been a lexus fan). Over 9000 lb towing capacity is what has me interested. Pricing can't be too crazy compared to the old one, but I'm going to take a close look once they land. But it is now reason #6285 why the IG doesn't make sense (but still looks amazing) if I'm going to be objective.
Totally different vehicles but the GX looks great
It will be a Toyota Prado in Australia, which is also a very good vehicle

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
I'll just add that 350 hp and 480lb torque is pretty stout. I hope it doesn't get better mileage than the Gren!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll just add that 350 hp and 480lb torque is pretty stout. I hope it doesn't get better mileage than the Gren!
IIRC, the GX550 is 16MPG (or 17?) combined; so the jury is still out on that... Whenever the EPA gets around to rating the Grenadier

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
I'm guessing the lighter car with twin turbo and a 10 speed and aero kit will be more efficient than a single turbo heavier 8 speed vehicle shaped like a box. But it won't matter to most people considering the Ineos.

Local time
Reaction score
Totally different vehicles but the GX looks great
It will be a Toyota Prado in Australia, which is also a very good vehicle
Totally different, yes, but more than enough for what 99.9% of us will ever throw at it. I love the look of the IG, been a fanboy since before there was a design, but the pricing convinced me that I don’t need everything in can do, and I’d rather bay $20k for more luxury and, assuming, reliability.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
Totally different, yes, but more than enough for what 99.9% of us will ever throw at it. I love the look of the IG, been a fanboy since before there was a design, but the pricing convinced me that I don’t need everything in can do, and I’d rather bay $20k for more luxury and, assuming, reliability.
It looks like it will be the basis for the Landcruiser Prado here in Australia
A fair bit smaller than the Grenadier but a pretty good looking package.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph8xHuWqH28

1686431990027.png

Local time
Reaction score
I think the front end is much better than previous years.

this new 550 looks like their best version yet. but it just seems to miss a little. seems like they could have made it smaller and a little less lux. hopefully that's what they'll do with the new LC.

3 models divided by upgraded subsets. previous pricing for the gx for around 62k

my23_lexus_gx_pog_page_003_096a43a942ae0e122dd1da35b41cac4fe7e16a0f.jpeg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
I think the front end is much better than previous years.

this new 550 looks like their best version yet. but it just seems to miss a little. seems like they could have made it smaller and a little less lux. hopefully that's what they'll do with the new LC.

3 models divided by upgraded subsets. previous pricing for the gx for around 62k

View attachment 7815970
For the US market I doubt they will release a less luxury model unlike the GX LC 200/300 in AUS with vinyl flooring and less tech. Lexus by nature is a luxury brand.

Local time
Reaction score
For the US market I doubt they will release a less luxury model unlike the GX LC 200/300 in AUS with vinyl flooring and less tech. Lexus by nature is a luxury brand.

yeah,...Lexus IS lux. but after seeing the gx, I have really high hopes for the LC model delivering big for Toyota. this Lexus gx seems like very solid alternative to the expensive LC of the recent past that were very expensive.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
yeah,...Lexus IS lux. but after seeing the gx, I have really high hopes for the LC model delivering big for Toyota. this Lexus gx seems like very solid alternative to the expensive LC of the recent past that were very expensive.
Yes, it will be interesting to see where they price the GX in the market, the US pricing I'd think would be close to the Bronco etc. For we Aussies it will be in the realm of the Range Rover at a guess.
It remains to be seen

Local time
Reaction score
Yes, it will be interesting to see where they price the GX in the market, the US pricing I'd think would be close to the Bronco etc. For we Aussies it will be in the realm of the Range Rover at a guess.
It remains to be seen
The current GX starts at $57/68k for base/luxury.

I'm expecting at least a few thousand more added across the board. I'd guess the Bronco will start out much lower, and top out higher with the Raptor model. I'd guess an Overtrail+ and a Bronco Badlands will be close in price.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I've spent the past few weeks waiting for aftermarket to start showing ideas before I place my pre-order. I wanted to do it once, no changes is my philosophy. The Trialmaster is such a deal compared to building one yourself. I keep trying to build one from scratch and after checking my boxes it is 2 grand cheaper with much less. No RAI, No Ladder, No inverter, no interior rails. The Trialmaster package is such a deal.

hustlehard285

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Just submitted my pre-order. Reserved on September 29th, 2021, so we'll see where I end up in line.
Built my own:
Donny Gray
17" Alloys with KO2s
Safari Windows
Leather Interior
Compass
Heated Seats
Rubber mats
Roof bars
Tow hitch
Tailgate table

Aftermarket installs:
Sliders with some sort of low profile step
Audio upgrade
Tires 1-2 sizes up
Rear Ladder if there's one that doesn't jack up the rear paint
Probably a 3/4 roof rack

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just submitted my pre-order. Reserved on September 29th, 2021, so we'll see where I end up in line.
Built my own:
Donny Gray
17" Alloys with KO2s
Safari Windows
Leather Interior
Compass
Heated Seats
Rubber mats
Roof bars
Tow hitch
Tailgate table

Aftermarket installs:
Sliders with some sort of low profile step
Audio upgrade
Tires 1-2 sizes up
Rear Ladder if there's one that doesn't jack up the rear paint
Probably a 3/4 roof rack
No diff locks?

hustlehard285

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
No diff locks?
No diff locks. My 200 series Land Cruiser doesn't have them and I've never had any issues with that vehicle.
I was very back and forth on it, but my rationale was: In my 35 years of life I've never needed them, and it'll just become a failure point if I don't actuate them regularly. I totally get other people's desire and need for them, just isn't something I need.

Back
Top Bottom