The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
Without a lift and tires that large, articulation has to be limited, right?

Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
Probably some wheel spacers, some rear and leading edge wheel well liner/metal trimming and mod, and spring lift spacers. Looks great but the tires are heavy and when extended out with spacers they put wear on the axles and bearings. Wear and tear on the side of the vehicle as well from debris. Looks great and Im sure in Iceland it’s a great fit.

harost

Production/Transit
Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score
Looks good on 37 x 13.5 R17 and Wide Fender Flares.
This Grenadier is not lifted. It is mostly repositioning of suspension parts and a bit of body trimming along with new Fender Flares. (as per their IG post).

Modified by Verdir from Iceland. Seems like Ineos Iceland Dealership. Check their Instagram page: verdir_ineosgrenadier

View attachment 7816902View attachment 7816903View attachment 7816904View attachment 7816905
@JATT Did you find out what was the new ground clearance for this build by any chance?

Lou

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
Per an Ineos rep at the DC drive event, the Hambach factory will shut down in July to change the assembly line to manufacture NA vehicles. If that timeline holds, it's feasible that they will deliver some NA vehicles before year end.
So they have thousands of orders for RHD vehicles in Europe and Australia placed 18 months ago that still are not contracted, and the day after they open NA books they will shut down their factory to start building NA vehicles…did you get that in writing from the sales guy?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
So they have thousands of orders for RHD vehicles in Europe and Australia placed 18 months ago that still are not contracted, and the day after they open NA books they will shut down their factory to start building NA vehicles…did you get that in writing from the sales guy?
NA order books went live beginning on June. INEOS has a goal of getting NA IG in people's hand by year end and fill all NA orders by April. I assume that because of the unique nature of different specs for different countries, they will do it in batches.

There are ppl in US that are still waiting on their MY20 Ford Bronco despite Ford on MY 24. One main reasons was batching of parts, engines, transmissions. Ford focused on the models that generated the greatest profit first before focusing on the lower revenue version.

My last point, in US, cars are sold via a dealer. Dealer purchases the car from manufacturer at reduce cost and then sells them at a higher cost. Since IG is new with no dealer network, they need to convince these dealers to take a leap of faith. To assist in leap of faith, it needs to get the IG out the door fast so new ppl can see them driving around town to drive attention to the brand.

Local time
Reaction score
I'm indifferent as to timing, so no.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The factory will be producing RoW, Oz, and NA vehicles simultaneously, there's no need to "shut down" the factory and retool for different regions (or RHD vs LHD).
Dealer purchases the car from manufacturer at reduce cost and then sells them at a higher cost. Since IG is new with no dealer network, they need to convince these dealers to take a leap of faith. To assist in leap of faith, it needs to get the IG out the door fast so new ppl can see them driving around town to drive attention to the brand.
The dealers are chomping at the bit to get an Ineos franchise, it is much less a leap of faith and much more "which of dealer is the best fit and will offer the best experience to customers"

Local time
Reaction score
I think Toyota is going to try the GX and “new” Prada/LC250 here together the same way they previously had the LX and LC 200 together. There’s so much demand that I think they just want to try a lower priced LC. Whether they can sustain a three way LC/GX/4Runner I don’t know or quite understand. Maybe they are planning something unusual for the LC (maybe retro?) or the 4Runner (maybe topless?) we’ll have to wait and see. Where’s my popcorn?
I tested out a GX before buying a LR. IMO, Lexus has a non-fixable problem attracting folks that plan to rough the truck up a bit. If you pay $120k for a Lexus LX (the LC base), you're not likely going to take that camping. On the other hand, if you do plan on getting the SUV a bit muddy and dinged up, you're unlikely to show up at a Lexus dealership. It's not that the LX can't be used off road, it's just that it's too pretty as it is, who wants to mess all that up? The newly designed GX is a way more inviting for some rough driving, but I think most folks are either in the Lexus camp or the LC camp. The 4Runner camp always seemed to me about money - if you had loads of it, you'd buy the LC. The sales numbers showed that many buyers didn't shell out more for the LC, because it was twice as expensive as the 4Runner. But it was not like the LC was not able to do things the 4Runner could do. It was more about matching the SUV to your budget, and the 4Runner market is huge because it's priced attractively for all it can do. The LC market was tiny in the US, and maybe the Prado will be a lower entry point? I'd rather a LC than a Lexus because I think Lexus screams "luxury," in a way I don't choose to have to maintain it. My LR has lots of dings, a few dents, and many scratches. The inside is the same with coffee spills, stains, scratches on the plastic, and tears in the leather. I can't justify all that if I switch to driving a Lexus.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I tested out a GX before buying a LR. IMO, Lexus has a non-fixable problem attracting folks that plan to rough the truck up a bit. If you pay $120k for a Lexus LX (the LC base), you're not likely going to take that camping. On the other hand, if you do plan on getting the SUV a bit muddy and dinged up, you're unlikely to show up at a Lexus dealership. It's not that the LX can't be used off road, it's just that it's too pretty as it is, who wants to mess all that up? The newly designed GX is a way more inviting for some rough driving, but I think most folks are either in the Lexus camp or the LC camp. The 4Runner camp always seemed to me about money - if you had loads of it, you'd buy the LC. The sales numbers showed that many buyers didn't shell out more for the LC, because it was twice as expensive as the 4Runner. But it was not like the LC was not able to do things the 4Runner could do. It was more about matching the SUV to your budget, and the 4Runner market is huge because it's priced attractively for all it can do. The LC market was tiny in the US, and maybe the Prado will be a lower entry point? I'd rather a LC than a Lexus because I think Lexus screams "luxury," in a way I don't choose to have to maintain it. My LR has lots of dings, a few dents, and many scratches. The inside is the same with coffee spills, stains, scratches on the plastic, and tears in the leather. I can't justify all that if I switch to driving a Lexus.

Prior to the recently revealed new GX (which I’m still on the fence about its face) “pretty” is the word I would use least when describing any Lexus products. The hourglass black hole front ends they use are flat out ugly and dangerously vulnerable in any off-road environment. But l digress…

I certainly agree that vehicles from Lexus attract a different buyer than your average off-roader and are not purchased with “real” off-roading in mind. The same can be said of Range Rover and MB products even though they are immensely capable off the tarmac.

Strib81

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
Modified by Verdir from Iceland. Seems like Ineos Iceland Dealership. Check their Instagram page: verdir_ineosgrenadier

This Grenadier is not lifted. It is mostly repositioning of suspension parts and a bit of body trimming along with new Fender Flares. (as per their IG post).
It looks like they removed the side marker light from the bumper and cut about 4 inches off to clear the tires.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
Yes, the factory in Hambach was built and designed by Mercedes. They can build different models for different markets at the same time. This is modern manufacturing. It might be different post covid, but they don't have a stockpile of parts, they order just in time delivery of the parts they need from suppliers. Of course this was the reason for the industry wide slowdown as parts come from all over the world. Look at the Gren, it has part from all over the place!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
Yes, the factory in Hambach was built and designed by Mercedes. They can build different models for different markets at the same time. This is modern manufacturing. It might be different post covid, but they don't have a stockpile of parts, they order just in time delivery of the parts they need from suppliers. Of course this was the reason for the industry wide slowdown as parts come from all over the world. Look at the Gren, it has part from all over the place!
It helps when quite a few of your supply partners have premises next door or close by.
1687546926009.png

Local time
Reaction score
F-it, I'm in for now. Sela green w/white roof Trialmaster. Added safaris (prob will regret), checkered plates, saddle, floor mats, lockable spare cover, heated seats. If the dealer screws with me at all I'm out, not worth the extra$$ or the 5 hour drive. I'll be in London for work and think I'll make a little detour while there to the West London IG dealer and look one more time at one and decide for sure before I have to sign the dealer contract.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
. If the dealer screws with me at all I'm out, not worth the extra$$ …
Amen! Hopefully prospective dealers are on this site and aware a good many of us aren’t dealing with greedy franchises that ”market adjust” prices or tack on BS that you cannot avoid. I’ll pass on the scotch guard-there’s no carpet jerky.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
Trying to finalize my pre-order. Any reason to think the Access Ladder and the Exterior utility belt would not be available as an accessory or "replacement part" in the future?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Trying to finalize my pre-order. Any reason to think the Access Ladder and the Exterior utility belt would not be available as an accessory or "replacement part" in the future?
Accessory, I doubt it... Ordering the part itself from a dealer after the fact, I'm sure it is possible, but no way of knowing at this point what the cost(s) will be

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Drill holes for the ladder? Or maybe they have plugs? I did think about adding them later, but those two things and the Safari windows are pretty exclusive to the IG compared to other modern cars.

I may put a bottle opener attachment on each side to keep people from opening bottles on the acc rail…. :)

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
Might have changed, but staff here have said utility belt cant be added later. You can buy a rubber strip to fit in the utility belt.

Back
Top Bottom