The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:43 PM
Reaction score
The back door appears to have the plugs already for the ladder and the utility rails look like a simple swap from the standard bumper strips. Trying to save some pennies, which as always will likely end up costing me more in the long run. I guess i just need to jump in with both feet.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
I think safari windows, high load aux electrics, and winch are the only factory-only features that cannot be added later.

edit - as others have commented below my list is essentially inaccurate in that the factory winch could, albeit expensively be added. Certainly an aftermarket winch setup will materialize but who knows how that will go.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
I think safari windows, high load aux electrics, and winch are the only factory-only features that cannot be added later.
Diff locks can't be added later
Winch can provided you have the high load wiring already fitted
I chose the front tow bar mount to make that option much easier as well.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
… winch can be added later, but will be very very expensive, as requires crossmember, bumper, wiring and springs. So practically wont be done by many people.
diff lock same, possible, prohibitive. New axles.
wiring, absolutely get it now.
re utility belt, i was told the fixings/door internals are different. But, it may well have been misinformed.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
… winch can be added later, but will be very very expensive, as requires crossmember, bumper, wiring and springs. So practically wont be done by many people.
diff lock same, possible, prohibitive. New axles.
wiring, absolutely get it now.
re utility belt, i was told the fixings/door internals are different. But, it may well have been misinformed.
I noticed some of the UK/Europe customers have been supplied Utility belt when they didn't order it and have been told they will get the plain strips later when new ones are available.
Pretty sure they are both just screw on

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is anyone adding this? Power Take-Off, 400W
Personally, no, because a 400W inverter is easy enough to add after the fact and for a fraction of the cost

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The TM includes it but I don’t think I would have specd it otherwise.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:43 PM
Reaction score
Winch can provided you have the high load wiring already fitted
I chose the front tow bar mount to make that option much easier as well.
Will you please help me understand why adding the front tow bar mount will make adding an aftermarket winch easier down the road? I'm not interested in the Ineos Red Winch and had figured the high load auxiliary wiring plus the modular nature of the bumper would be all that is needed to add an aftermarket winch down the road - something like the LeTech offering (if and when they make one for the N.A. steel bumper). I have no plans to use a removeable winch and otherwise have no need for a front tow bar mount.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Will you please help me understand why adding the front tow bar mount will make adding an aftermarket winch easier down the road? I'm not interested in the Ineos Red Winch and had figured the high load auxiliary wiring plus the modular nature of the bumper would be all that is needed to add an aftermarket winch down the road - something like the LeTech offering (if and when they make one for the N.A. steel bumper). I have no plans to use a removeable winch and otherwise have no need for a front tow bar mount.
Integrated winch on the left and front towbar mount on the right.
Both come with the flip up hinged number plate holder.
Both have uprated suspension.

1687880321038.png1687880383039.png

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Okay, so it appears the uprated suspension is the prime advantage here with respect to adding an after-market winch. That is indeed an advantage. Where did you see that? I did not see that info in the Configurator.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Okay, so it appears the uprated suspension is the prime advantage here with respect to adding an after-market winch. That is indeed an advantage. Where did you see that? I did not see that info in the Configurator.
It isn't in the configurator.
It's something we covered on here about a year ago and had confirmed by Ineos.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
All you guys getting excited about a new Playdo, er sorry Prado.

They might have dropped the name and called it a landcruiser in your market, but it’s still going to be a capable shopping trolly, and far off 100% landcruiser DNA.

At least it looks like they’re going to finally put a decent motor in it.
Honest assessment of a plastic-coated pretend off-roader. Imagine the damage bumping the front & rear (!) air dams on ruts, and where is the low range? Sorry, but Toyota has leveraged the LC name down the river. Perfect for the prestige seeking buyer though…

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Honest assessment of a plastic-coated pretend off-roader. Imagine the damage bumping the front & rear (!) air dams on ruts, and where is the low range? Sorry, but Toyota has leveraged the LC name down the river. Perfect for the prestige seeking buyer though…
To be fair, anyone doing any serious off-road use with it will definitely toss the factory bumpers in lieu of steel (as with any Toyota SUV in the past 15-20 years), go with aftermarket skid plates/sliders, and end up lifting it with a different tire setup... The fact that it has factory recovery points is actually quite impressive, these were negated on the Tundra and Sequoia specifically due to fuel economy ratings (same reason why the new 4th gen Tacomas have HUGE front valences, that come off within seconds). As well, it definitely has Low range (as well as all the electronic goodies such as MTS/A-TRAC).

This post isn't truly in support of the new Prado (errr, believed to be Prado) or it's upmarket sibling the GX550; for me the styling is a miss and the interior is "meh" at best; but I do feel that it will be a plenty capable vehicle for the market segment and use case. It is effectively a 300 series without the exact name, and (possibly) without the price tag.

Sillius Soddus

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
If you want to adventure in your SUV, you're likley not looking at Lexus; and if you are looking at Lexus, your not likely to drive it to a campsite.
Sure they will. Just as long as the “campsite” Is located conveniently close to the downtown farmer’s market.

1687910971905.jpeg

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:43 PM
Reaction score
With the deadline coming up for changes without losing my slot I decided to add the privacy glass. Almost added the front tow plate just to get the uprated springs too, but passed since those parts will go in the dump if I ever add a winch. Surprised that it was less than a minute long call to Ineos from start to finish. Agent was helpful and friendly.

Local time
Reaction score
With the deadline coming up for changes without losing my slot I decided to add the privacy glass. Almost added the front tow plate just to get the uprated springs too, but passed since those parts will go in the dump if I ever add a winch. Surprised that it was less than a minute long call to Ineos from start to finish. Agent was helpful and friendly.
I likewise was conflicted about whether to add the front tow plate (for the exact same reason) and ultimately reached the same conclusion as you (for the exact same reason). I'm telling myself that the reason I'm not ordering the winch (how infrequently I would use it) also excuses the lesser springs...

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ended up dropping the front tow plate, because I have no need for front towing, don't know exactly what type of upgraded suspension would come with it, and it makes sense to wait to upgrade the suspension after I add a bunch of other heavy stuff to the build - winch, bullbar(?), RTT, rock sliders, etc. Otherwise, I might find out the the upgraded suspension from the front tow plate is still not sufficient for the weight added.

Back
Top Bottom