The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
I need it to be reliable and not constantly 10 hour round tripping for warranty work. Ineos still number one on my list, but backup options are good to have.
Yeah that 10 hour round trip is one of the big drivers that still has me eyeballing the pre-order exit. I'm already annoyed by it and I haven't even signed a dealer contract lol.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
I'm in Birmingham, AL and about two hours and twenty minutes from the for now nearest planned dealer/service center in Atlanta. I keep telling myself the dealer network and service centers will only grow if folks like me/you/us have faith enough to punch our ticket and get one. Yeah, I might have to slog over to Atlanta for some white knuckle driving to get some regularly scheduled maintenance or for a very long overdue software update, but I'll make a weekend out of it. They better damn well be open on Saturdays. To paraphrase Field of Dreams, "If you buy it, they will come."

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
just more bits and bobs to fail.
Extra points for using a properly British term... Ironically the first time I heard it was from an Ineos UK employee

Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
Extra points for using a properly British term... Ironically the first time I heard it was from an Ineos UK employee

Must be my 20yrs of reading MaxPower mag and such.
How about dog's danglies; how long has it been since you've heard that one? :LOL:

Local time
Reaction score
I'm in Birmingham, AL and about two hours and twenty minutes from the for now nearest planned dealer/service center in Atlanta. I keep telling myself the dealer network and service centers will only grow if folks like me/you/us have faith enough to punch our ticket and get one. Yeah, I might have to slog over to Atlanta for some white knuckle driving to get some regularly scheduled maintenance or for a very long overdue software update, but I'll make a weekend out of it. They better damn well be open on Saturdays. To paraphrase Field of Dreams, "If you buy it, they will come."
I agree, in theory at least. But then I look at Tesla...I live in Charleston SC and up until even 12-18 months ago the closest service center was Charlotte, 4 hours away. Sure their mobile techs could do a fair amount, but if it needed to go in, that's where it went. Even now, the closest service center is Savannah, 1.5 hours away. I think our only hope is "Bosch certified" mechanics and a service manual to hand over when we need something done. Which I'd take, gladly, over a multi day service trip!

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Again, Ineos stated that any Bosche certified service center can service the Gren.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Again, Ineos stated that any Bosche certified service center can service the Gren.
Any shop can service it and retain the warranty (just like any other vehicle)... But if you're looking for warranty repairs, the "Bosch Certified Service Center" idea was removed from the narrative a long time ago

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I need it to be reliable and not constantly 10 hour round tripping for warranty work. Ineos still number one on my list, but backup options are good to have.

I'm as far away as you from any dealer but I don't think the vehicles are comparable really in terms of pure beef. It is a decision that some will have to make when the checkbook is open. I just have to ask:

What's the difference between a Pradocruiser and a 4Runner? Aren't the two pretty close overall?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What's the difference between a Pradocruiser and a 4Runner? Aren't the two pretty close overall?
The 6th gen 4Runner has yet to be debuted or leaked even, but the guess is that it will be very similar to the LC250 (Pradocruiser, LC Prado, Poorman's GX, whatever you want to call it). The rumormill says that it will get the non-hybrid turbo 4 cyl that is also the base motor in the 4th gen Tacoma

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm as far away as you from any dealer but I don't think the vehicles are comparable really in terms of pure beef. It is a decision that some will have to make when the checkbook is open. I just have to ask:

Checkbook is ready, the only real question for me now is when will it show up and how will the actual transaction go.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
The 6th gen 4Runner has yet to be debuted or leaked even, but the guess is that it will be very similar to the LC250 (Pradocruiser, LC Prado, Poorman's GX, whatever you want to call it). The rumormill says that it will get the non-hybrid turbo 4 cyl that is also the base motor in the 4th gen Tacoma
I used to own a 4 Runner back in the 90's
Basically a modified hilux ute
1691029578474.png

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I used to own a 4 Runner back in the 90's
Basically a modified hilux ute
Were they still Hilux Surfs for you back then? That body style is what we refer to as the 1st generation 4Runner here in the US (1984-1989)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
Were they still Hilux Surfs for you back then? That body style is what we refer to as the 1st generation 4Runner here in the US (1984-1989)
I think the Surf was the second generation and it was built completely rather than just having a fibreglass canopy bolted on

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:41 AM
Reaction score
I already worry about the hybrid nature of the new Toyota LC; just more bits and bobs to fail.
Well....its definitely not aimed at the remote touring crew that's for sure. More like the "coffee set"

Local time
Reaction score
Any shop can service it and retain the warranty (just like any other vehicle)... But if you're looking for warranty repairs, the "Bosch Certified Service Center" idea was removed from the narrative a long time ago

...based on USA Right To Repair Act. (Magnuson Moss Warranty Act is also another to reference for aftermarket bits and bobs)

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Didn't realize that. They were touting it at the beginning to put people at ease. I guess another thing they lied about.

Back
Top Bottom