The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
No diff locks. My 200 series Land Cruiser doesn't have them and I've never had any issues with that vehicle.
I was very back and forth on it, but my rationale was: In my 35 years of life I've never needed them, and it'll just become a failure point if I don't actuate them regularly. I totally get other people's desire and need for them, just isn't something I need.
Did you never use crawl control on your 200?

hustlehard285

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:45 PM
Reaction score
Did you never use crawl control on your 200?
Just once in a 100 meter long deep sand section. But I had just gotten the vehicle, it still had stock street tires on and I had to stop halfway through cause someone coming the opposite direction opted to ignore our spotter. The Tundra and 4runner in the group made it through fine. Why do you ask about the Crawl Control?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
No diff locks. My 200 series Land Cruiser doesn't have them and I've never had any issues with that vehicle.
I was very back and forth on it, but my rationale was: In my 35 years of life I've never needed them, and it'll just become a failure point if I don't actuate them regularly. I totally get other people's desire and need for them, just isn't something I need.
Exactly why I would tell someone to forego the f&r lockers unless you're both trained on appropriate use of them *and* planning on doing some serious off roading. There's a lot that a little left foot brake pressure will do for traction, and the Grenadier is set up wonderfully for it

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
Just once in a 100 meter long deep sand section. But I had just gotten the vehicle, it still had stock street tires on and I had to stop halfway through cause someone coming the opposite direction opted to ignore our spotter. The Tundra and 4runner in the group made it through fine. Why do you ask about the Crawl Control?
I ask as it is the next best thing to lockers, if not better in some ways

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
I want the 300 here, not a Toyota version of the GX. I see the new GX or it's Toyota equivalent more as a sidegrade to my 4runner. Not compelling enough. I can see Toyota consolidating the LC250 and 4runner lines together. Yeah the 4runner name is a money press, but I don't know anyone who would have passed on it if it was sold as an LC.

Why would they have a Prado based 6th gen 4runner, which for the 5th gen was essentially a weaker GX/prado, and a LC250, which is presumably the GX with Toyota styling?

Local time
Reaction score
I think Toyota will do well with the "Overtrail" trim they are offering, but I'm more interested to see later this year what the US will get for a new Land Cruiser (not luxury Lexus) that is along the Prado line. I don't quite know why it's not a 300 Series, but clearly Toyota is trying to cover all the bases with different choices for buyers. The prior LC they sold in America was terrific - folks loved it, and it wasn't flashy like the LX. I know Toyota wanted to make more money by restricting 300 Series to Lexus only branding, but if Toyota still sold LC here, it would compete with Grenadier. The Lexus LX is way over $100k, while the old LC - by comparison - was about $85k, so much better value and closer to Grenadier price. The other basic difference is that when you drive a Lexus folks know it's an expensive car. Part of the attraction to driving a Toyota branded LC was that it was capable, but quiet looking. Folks that didn't know much of the LC thought it looked like a big Highlander - exactly the appeal to LC buyers.

Local time
Reaction score
Looks like Toyota Land Cruiser is coming back to USA !!!

Land Cruiser's return to USA !!!

The logo's placement and design tells me that it will have a bit of a retro design. I'm excited about this. Anyone compare the dimensions of the new GX to the IG?

The LC evolved into a big, bloated luxo barge. So, even though this new one is less fancy than the new LC that we won't get, I think it will actually be more true to its root (though obviously much fancier).

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
I think Toyota will do well with the "Overtrail" trim they are offering, but I'm more interested to see later this year what the US will get for a new Land Cruiser (not luxury Lexus) that is along the Prado line. I don't quite know why it's not a 300 Series, but clearly Toyota is trying to cover all the bases with different choices for buyers. The prior LC they sold in America was terrific - folks loved it, and it wasn't flashy like the LX. I know Toyota wanted to make more money by restricting 300 Series to Lexus only branding, but if Toyota still sold LC here, it would compete with Grenadier. The Lexus LX is way over $100k, while the old LC - by comparison - was about $85k, so much better value and closer to Grenadier price. The other basic difference is that when you drive a Lexus folks know it's an expensive car. Part of the attraction to driving a Toyota branded LC was that it was capable, but quiet looking. Folks that didn't know much of the LC thought it looked like a big Highlander - exactly the appeal to LC buyers.
They can't keep up with orders for the LC 300 now, without adding the US into the mix.

Local time
Reaction score
They can't keep up with orders for the LC 300 now, without adding the US into the mix.
a while back I tested out a LC and had thought of eventually buying one. I realized that LC deliveries to the US market was a "take it or leave it" mentality. We could buy what Toyota decided to send here, but LC was really an afterthought for them here, and they didn't care in the least if you wanted to buy one. It seemed like a novelty in the US, not a focus of Toyota to sell it well here. Limiting 300 Series LC to Lexus is a ridiculous option for the US marketplace. If you want to adventure in your SUV, you're likley not looking at Lexus; and if you are looking at Lexus, your not likely to drive it to a campsite. Toyota putting LC off road capabilities in a Lexus effectively offers a larger alternative to G Wagon.:ROFLMAO:

Local time
Reaction score

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've read it's a Prado variant, and there are lots of those; I don't think Toyota is sending us any 300 Series LC.
The GX550 (and the assumed LC Prado) both share the nearly identical frames, same engine/transmission, same wheelbase, etc. with the 300 series LC/LX

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think Toyota is going to try the GX and “new” Prada/LC250 here together the same way they previously had the LX and LC 200 together. There’s so much demand that I think they just want to try a lower priced LC. Whether they can sustain a three way LC/GX/4Runner I don’t know or quite understand. Maybe they are planning something unusual for the LC (maybe retro?) or the 4Runner (maybe topless?) we’ll have to wait and see. Where’s my popcorn?

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think Toyota is going to try the GX and “new” Prada/LC250 here together the same way they previously had the LX and LC 200 together. There’s so much demand that I think they just want to try a lower priced LC. Whether they can sustain a three way LC/GX/4Runner I don’t know or quite understand. Maybe they are planning something unusual for the LC (maybe retro?) or the 4Runner (maybe topless?) we’ll have to wait and see. Where’s my popcorn?
The real question is, do I put in my Ineos Pre-order or just wait for an alternative….

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks good on 37 x 13.5 R17 and Wide Fender Flares.
This Grenadier is not lifted. It is mostly repositioning of suspension parts and a bit of body trimming along with new Fender Flares. (as per their IG post).

Modified by Verdir from Iceland. Seems like Ineos Iceland Dealership. Check their Instagram page: verdir_ineosgrenadier

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-17 at 10.51.09 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-06-17 at 10.51.08 AM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-06-17 at 10.51.08 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-06-17 at 10.51.07 AM.jpeg

Last edited:

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yowza, that’s dead sexy. Don’t think I could get that in my garage, but damn that looks good.

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have insight into the lift kit and fenders availability? I would probably only go to 315/70R/17. Thanks.

Modified by Verdir from Iceland. Seems like Ineos Iceland Dealership. Check their Instagram page: verdir_ineosgrenadier

This Grenadier is not lifted. It is mostly repositioning of suspension parts and a bit of body trimming along with new Fender Flares. (as per their IG post).

Back
Top Bottom