The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Covers - Melville and Moon

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:00 PM
Reaction score
Fitted the M&M seat covers 1500 miles ago and they haven’t moved yet.
As expected, heavy duty construction, there is no elasticaction, all the securing is done by tensioning straps and buckles. With the exception of the rear seat backs which are wrapped completely around the back and secured with wide Velcro seams. Everything fits snuggly and will probably take you around an hour to do a secure job. Just watch out for the wires/components under the front seat cushions as the tension straps pass underneath to the buckles at the back.
Photos attached, just ignore the bottle of Mead in the drivers seat rear pocket, purely medicinal.
View attachment 7820421View attachment 7820422View attachment 7820423View attachment 7820424
I'm trying to fit the front covers. There are two sets of straps under the seat bottom covers. Do some of these pass through the gap with the seat back? Am a bit confused!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
I'm trying to fit the front covers. There are two sets of straps under the seat bottom covers. Do some of these pass through the gap with the seat back? Am a bit confused!

Yes, there are two centre straps on the seat base. Push them both through the gap at the bottom of the seat. I found it better with two people as your fingers end up inside the seat base and it’s easier if you can locate the other persons fingers as they come in from the rear of the seat.

Sounds bizarre and I hope you understand.

Thread the strap under the seat then back toward the footwell and you will be able to attach them to the front buckle on the seat base cover.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Tip - the side pieces and the side straps need to be worked down between the seat and the plastic around the edge of the seat on the two front seat bases. It really helps with a good fit.

There would be an envelope with fitting instructions in the pack somewhere. Put the photos on here when you have done.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:00 PM
Reaction score
Never thought to put some photos on, had mine on for around a month, and love them.

If I had to be super critical I would say the head rest covers could do with having an extra 10mm on the securing tabs, to be absolutely perfect.

The back seat go on a dream and the fronts benefit with taking an extra 10 mins per seat to fettle them into position. From my photos you can see some ruffling but I finessed that out afterwards with the help of the Mrs.

I know prefer them than the actual seats and think they lift the interior.
They look great, unfortunately for we AU buyers, we pay twice- $500AU for the covers (front) then an additional $500 for freight. Anyone would think that they fly them over

Local time
Reaction score
Generally I am not a fan of logo branding on everything. Remember the cartoon of a man looking at a sports shirt in a clothing store and telling the salesman, "One assumes that if my parents wanted to name me Ralph Lauren, they would have named me that." Why double logos in the center of the seat backs? Do I need to prove to someone that I spent $400+ on seat covers. But maybe that's just me.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This week our Melvill & Moon seat covers were delivered from South Africa. We have just put them on the seats. Yes, there should be two of you if you want it neat.
We are very pleased with the quality. By far the best seat covers on the market in my opinion.
It's not the first product we've bought from M&M and it won't be the last. The furniture and bags are also fantastic. One of you has already reported here in the forum that he has bought various things and he is convinced. I can confirm that completely.

Thanks to @Stu_Barnes, we got the forum price. The price/performance ratio is right in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_2588.jpg
    IMG_2588.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2585.jpg
    IMG_2585.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 111

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This week our Melvill & Moon seat covers were delivered from South Africa. We have just put them on the seats. Yes, there should be two of you if you want it neat.
We are very pleased with the quality. By far the best seat covers on the market in my opinion.
It's not the first product we've bought from M&M and it won't be the last. The furniture and bags are also fantastic. One of you has already reported here in the forum that he has bought various things and he is convinced. I can confirm that completely.

Thanks to @Stu_Barnes, we got the forum price. The price/performance ratio is right in my opinion.
Hi @rovie
Interested to know what the shipping costs were? I was quoting as much as the cost of the covers.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @rovie
Interested to know what the shipping costs were? I was quoting as much as the cost of the covers.
Hi @MrMike, 350 AUD.
However, this is the price to Germany. I would ask for the shipping costs to Australia.
I really wanted the covers and don't regret a single euro.
@Logsplitter can save the costs and have the covers fitted locally. ;)Have a good trip! :)

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @MrMike, 350 AUD.
However, this is the price to Germany. I would ask for the shipping costs to Australia.
@Logsplitter can save the costs and have the covers fitted locally. ;)Gute Reise! :)
I'm sure they are flying them business class 😀

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:00 PM
Reaction score
Hi @MrMike, 350 AUD.
@Logsplitter can save the costs and have the covers fitted locally. ;)Have a good trip! :)
Hi @rovie
I’m also interested in those seats cover, the premium charcoal model, as well as in the dashboard cover. In the quotation I received from South Africa, the shipping costs to Corsica, France, are 231€ for a total amount of 635€. Does it sound about right compared to what you paid ?
Also did your quotation mentioned a discount ? Mine doesn’t show any.
And finally, did you have to pay custom fees and VAT ?
Thanks for every info you will provide. 😉

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @MrMike, 350 AUD.
I'm also interested if you paid customs duties and VAT.

just yesterday I received a package from the USA and on a value of € 120 I had to add € 35 between duties and VAT

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @rovie
I’m also interested in those seats cover, the premium charcoal model, as well as in the dashboard cover. In the quotation I received from South Africa, the shipping costs to Corsica, France, are 231€ for a total amount of 635€. Does it sound about right compared to what you paid ?
Also did your quotation mentioned a discount ? Mine doesn’t show any.
And finally, did you have to pay custom fees and VAT ?
Thanks for every info you will provide. 😉
@jb_hamon @ORSO
I got the forum discount as Stu summarised at the start of the thread.
Yes, I also paid customs duty of about 80 EUR, but directly to the logistics provider DHL. But it can be different in your countries. Contact M&M and ask about the conditions.

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@jb_hamon @ORSO
I got the forum discount as Stu summarised at the start of the thread.
Yes, I also paid customs duty of about 80 EUR, but directly to the logistics provider DHL. But it can be different in your countries. Contact M&M and ask about the conditions.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully custom taxes should be the same for all the EU members…

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
For what it's worth, back in April I looked into buying two front seat covers for a Land Cruiser. The price for the covers was decent at about $352. The shipping was about $302 to Birmingham, AL. I passed since I am not sure how long I will keep the vehicle - could only be a few more years. I went with Covercraft instead.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t think I put it here, but having spoken to Steffi @ M&M, she tells me that there are cubby box covers coming, along with sun visor covers for extra storage and mirrors for the ladies.

She also said that the factory are also developing a number of other matching storage solutions and covers for different bits.

One thing that I should have asked is if it would be a good idea to treat the covers with a scotch guard type product. Has anyone thought of this or done it ?

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t think I put it here, but having spoken to Steffi @ M&M, she tells me that there are cubby box covers coming, along with sun visor covers for extra storage and mirrors for the ladies.

She also said that the factory are also developing a number of other matching storage solutions and covers for different bits.

One thing that I should have asked is if it would be a good idea to treat the covers with a scotch guard type product. Has anyone thought of this or done it ?
Could you ask her if it’s possible to make an order from Europe directly to the UK to avoid most of the shipping cost from South Africa?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Could you ask her if it’s possible to make an order from Europe directly to the UK to avoid most of the shipping cost from South Africa?

Oh. Are you guys trying to get the covers direct from SA ?

I thought you would have tried to get them shipped from the UK into Europe. The cost of posting would be cut dramatically I would have thought.

However my understanding is the the UK have sold out again.

Give Steffi a shout and please say Shaky sent you 😊

mailto:steffi@melvillandmoon.com

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh. Are you guys trying to get the covers direct from SA ?

I thought you would have tried to get them shipped from the UK into Europe. The cost of posting would be cut dramatically I would have thought.

However my understanding is the the UK have sold out again.

Give Steffi a shout and please say Shaky sent you 😊

mailto:steffi@melvillandmoon.com
According to this post
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/melvill-moon.12411840/post-1333203159
the reply received after writing to steffi’s mail came from South Africa… That’s why I was asking if you could relay our demand to steffi.

Back
Top Bottom