The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Covers - Melville and Moon

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
Oh. Are you guys trying to get the covers direct from SA ?

I thought you would have tried to get them shipped from the UK into Europe. The cost of posting would be cut dramatically I would have thought.

However my understanding is the the UK have sold out again.

Give Steffi a shout and please say Shaky sent you 😊

mailto:steffi@melvillandmoon.com
It would be fantastic if there was a distributor in the UK.
For us un AU it's double which makes the locally produced items very attractive (not a bad thing) but it do like the MM covers etc

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
Oh. Are you guys trying to get the covers direct from SA ?

I thought you would have tried to get them shipped from the UK into Europe. The cost of posting would be cut dramatically I would have thought.

However my understanding is the the UK have sold out again.

Give Steffi a shout and please say Shaky sent you 😊

mailto:steffi@melvillandmoon.com
I tried looking but couldn't find a UK distributor?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
Steffi Halm has a UK mobile number
+44 7780335521
When I was last in touch I had the impression they have a UK outlet.

Firestarter_phil

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have just fitted my Melville and Moon seat covers. I have a Donny Grey so went for the Premium Charcoal for the front (these are the ones with the leather side bolster) and standard on the rear.

IMG_4663.jpegIMG_4664.jpegIMG_4666.jpeg
IMG_4667.jpeg
I love them! They are incredible quality; a fantastic and straightforward fit and add things like the seat pockets on the side and rear on the front seats and extra storage on the rear.

Steffi is super communicative and very friendly.
I cannot recommend these highly enough for anyone who is going to want to keep their Recaros nice and who know they will be wet, dirty, dusty etc

Best upgrade!

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have just fitted my Melville and Moon seat covers. I have a Donny Grey so went for the Premium Charcoal for the front (these are the ones with the leather side bolster) and standard on the rear.

View attachment 7825700View attachment 7825701View attachment 7825702
View attachment 7825703
I love them! They are incredible quality; a fantastic and straightforward fit and add things like the seat pockets on the side and rear on the front seats and extra storage on the rear.

I cannot recommend these highly enough for anyone who is going to want to keep their Recaros nice and who know they will be wet, dirty, dusty etc

Best upgrade!
Are these covers airbag compatible, as the front seats are fitted with airbags?

Sekurt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7825700View attachment 7825701View attachment 7825702
View attachment 7825703

Best upgrade!
If this is how they fit they look to be a terrible pattern. Loose fitting = moving all over the place. Color me less than impressed. Sad as I would have expected a much better, snugger fit, since they are so highly regarded as a company. These look no better than the poor fit factory offerings

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
If this is how they fit they look to be a terrible pattern. Loose fitting = moving all over the place. Color me less than impressed. Sad as I would have expected a much better, snugger fit, since they are so highly regarded as a company. These look no better than the poor fit factory offerings
Those pics do appear to show a lot of give in the fit. Perhaps they can be tightened better with the cinch straps? I'm comparing the fit to what I believe to be the gold standard, which is the Carhartt Precision Fit seat covers I installed in a Land Cruiser (hoping they do a set for the Grenadier!):

Carhartt Precision Fit Seat Cover Land Cruiser.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
Those pics do appear to show a lot of give in the fit. Perhaps they can be tightened better with the cinch straps? I'm comparing the fit to what I believe to be the gold standard, which is the Carhartt Precision Fit seat covers I installed in a Land Cruiser (hoping they do a set for the Grenadier!):

View attachment 7828100
I’m looking for that kind of fit! Hopefully we’ll have some domestic options of that caliber.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
Reply from Black Duck Seat covers in Aus... (I don't know the quality of their work - need to research that one)

I have just confirmed with our Patterns Team that the 2023 Ineos Grenadier will be coming out within the next few weeks - months.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
I’m looking for that kind of fit! Hopefully we’ll have some domestic options of that caliber.
I believe their secret sauce is they use a thin layer of foam in the seat and back that helps flatten out wrinkles. It also adds to the comfort. Not sure if competitors, including M&M do that.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
My understanding with M&M, success comes from two ppl installing them as you can pull tighter as one person holds the other side.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Reply from Black Duck Seat covers in Aus... (I don't know the quality of their work - need to research that one)

I have just confirmed with our Patterns Team that the 2023 Ineos Grenadier will be coming out within the next few weeks - months.

Black Duck are rivals to MSA I think, and MSA are top shelf, so they should be good.

Local time
Reaction score
This is not a Grenadier.
Never said it was. The Carhartt brand - when they make seat covers for a vehicle - make them with a good fit. I should have been more clear: I wouldn’t buy a seat cover that was a sloppy fit. Instead, I would look for one that fits properly. At the price of the M&M one should expect the kind of fit you get with Carhartt. Given the niche that Ineos is slotting the Grenadier into, I doubt Carhartt will make seat covers for it.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Im thinking about covers, and part of what i dont like is movement and wrinking underneath me.
however, the shape of the recaro seat base is going to make all brands struggle. the side bolsters are narrow, and slope down nearly vertically. Without being able to stitch or glue the material down, there is no way of stopping some movement potential with this shape, it cant be taut across the seat laterally.
the seats are super comfortable btw… done a 10 hour drive recently, v happy.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If in Australia Ruffnuts are another and are interested in the Ineos with a 3 week turnaround I think he said if I was to order now and he'd go and measure one up. Haven't experienced their quality but reports seem good.

Back
Top Bottom