The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Covers - Melville and Moon

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
Probably no more than your bum wearing the leather. My worry would be colour transfer if you had the black M&M seat cover and the white (ops sorry grey) leather. Anyone getting in with a wet bum or wet back (with or without clothes, swimming or in a wet suit I mean) the black M & M colour might not be stable.
Unfortunately I've experience the problem with wet blue demin jeans on my almond leather seats when they were new.

Agreed. Blue jeans and light leather car seats are a lethal combination. The only thing worse is wet blue jeans. The colour transfer can be horrendous.

I know someone who actually banned blue jeans from his classic car as they cost him a valet on several occasions to get them sorted.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
In two minds about my M&M covers, due tomorrow. I really like my black & light grey seats, but liking the idea of being able to completely change the interior with an hour or two to spare.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
In my neighborhood, I have guy who does interior restoration on car seats. I reached out to him if he could make custom seat covers. He declined but sent me to a local custom car interior maker who might do it.

I'll reach out and see if they can do it. If we get enough interest we can make it happen for US folks.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
Agreed. Blue jeans and light leather car seats are a lethal combination. The only thing worse is wet blue jeans. The colour transfer can be horrendous.

I know someone who actually banned blue jeans from his classic car as they cost him a valet on several occasions to get them sorted.
Yes
I guess we have a few oldies on here so we have to worry about wet blue jeans.
Incontinence can trouble some of the older folk.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
Now I just need the truck
How long between time you placed the order and when eventually received? (edit, as potential US customer, trying to get an idea of covers will arrive before the car or visa versa)

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How long between time you placed the order and when eventually received? (edit, as potential US customer, trying to get an idea of covers will arrive before the car or visa versa)
It takes a few days to get the order completed - there are a fair number of back and forth e-mails.

Once the order is processed, it probably took 3 weeks or so. Three to five weeks has been my experience in the past as well.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How bad was the shipping cost?

Sekurt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
Half as much as the seat covers themselves:
5-seater seat covers w/leather piping & trim: 11434.78 ZAR
Shipping: 5647.28 ZAR

~USD $937 shipped
Yep, same price I paid to the west coast. I just ordered earlier last week so obviously still waiting for manufacture and shipping.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
The ones I have seen have, not Grenadier specific, carry this label:

View attachment 7810972
So I guess it may be worth understanding which statement is the one that applies.
The attached pic shows the tuck in flap that covers the airbag section of the seat. There are no zips or Velcro, the fabrics is just tucked in.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpeg
    IMG_0136.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom