The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Melvill & Moon

Melvill & Moon seat covers are now available for the Grenadier.

image002.png
Melvill & Moon pioneered the use of removable, washable, 100% canvas seat covers for the 4x4 and farm vehicle market over 24 years ago.
With seat cover manufacture now a growing industry, our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry.

Our seat covers are water repellant, rot-proofed, fully washable and handmade from natural cotton.
They are breathable, cool and comfortable to sit on.

Melvill & Moon Seat Cover backstory

Since 1998 our Seat Cover department has been an important leg of the business. The original seat covers that inspired us were on the East African bush planes ferrying visitors and gear in and out of Nairobi’s Wilson airport to far flung lodges and camps across East Africa.
Our approach was to put quality vehicle specific tailor made design around this idea.
And so it was that Melvill & Moon kicked off a manufacturing industry in 1999. Our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry. To this day we still work hard to stay ahead, bring you the latest developments and patterns for the latest car releases.

1681753761240.png

seat-covers-anotomy2.jpeg

seat-covers-anotomy3.jpeg

Forum prices are as follows and include vat and only apply to UK orders/deliveries

• Front seat covers pair £440 RRP usually £480 now including the console cover
  • Front and rear seat covers £730 (including a free spare wheel cover) RRP usually £780 now including back pockets
  • The spare wheel cover £99 RRP usually £120 for both the solid cover and the donut cover (lockbox option)
  • The dashboard cover £155 RRP usually £175

Colour options are charcoal grey or sand

Please contact Steffi Halm directly when ordering to confirm secure the forum prices and or any afford bundle discounts.

steffi@melvillandmoon.com
Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 11.23.01 AM.png

Attachments

• 1681755248866.png
    1681755248866.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
wow. they look A1. I've ordered the Ineos ones but I feel a further purchase coming. Will tell myself the 'free' spare wheel cover justifies it!

Well done Stu - tiptop 💪

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
wow. they look A1. I've ordered the Ineos ones but I feel a further purchase coming. Will tell myself the 'free' spare wheel cover justifies it!

Well done Stu - tiptop 💪
Same here, Although i can't bring myself to buy another set of seat covers!

Being as I've signed a contract and in production, I'm guessing its too late!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
Same here, Although i can't bring myself to buy another set of seat covers!

Being as I've signed a contract and in production, I'm guessing its too late!

I think you would have a bit of a case for cancelling as they are dealer fit and who is to say they turn up with the vehicle. It’s worth try.

I know I am a little biased as I really like the M&M stuff. Their camp furniture is unbelievable beautiful as well.

I am not sure what the price difference is now between OEM and M&M as there is a discount here and the OEM stuff has gone up since I looked. It must be close in comparison now.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes - any idea if M&M will allow us to request customizations, such as an embroidered logo or an alternative/additional leather patch?

Easy enough to do when they are delivered - any local embroidery shop should be able to do it - but wanted to check if that had come up in conversation.

These things look fantastic - I kinda want a dash pad for my current vehicle too!

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like that dash cover with storage bags. Just like a lot of safari Landrover and landcruisers have. Great for your bird books and binoculars as well as stopping the dash from getting too hot. Will be very keen on one of those.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes - any idea if M&M will allow us to request customizations, such as an embroidered logo or an alternative/additional leather patch?

Easy enough to do when they are delivered - any local embroidery shop should be able to do it - but wanted to check if that had come up in conversation.

These things look fantastic - I kinda want a dash pad for my current vehicle too!
I queried this with them and they said 'not usually. '

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melvill & Moon seat covers are now available for the Grenadier.

View attachment 7808757
Melvill & Moon pioneered the use of removable, washable, 100% canvas seat covers for the 4x4 and farm vehicle market over 24 years ago.
With seat cover manufacture now a growing industry, our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry.

Our seat covers are water repellant, rot-proofed, fully washable and handmade from natural cotton.
They are breathable, cool and comfortable to sit on.

Melvill & Moon Seat Cover backstory

Since 1998 our Seat Cover department has been an important leg of the business. The original seat covers that inspired us were on the East African bush planes ferrying visitors and gear in and out of Nairobi’s Wilson airport to far flung lodges and camps across East Africa.
Our approach was to put quality vehicle specific tailor made design around this idea.
And so it was that Melvill & Moon kicked off a manufacturing industry in 1999. Our insistence on high quality fabrics (especially woven heavy duty, 510gsm 100% cotton canvas), our commitment to ongoing design improvement and customer service has seen us remain the benchmark in the industry. To this day we still work hard to stay ahead, bring you the latest developments and patterns for the latest car releases.

View attachment 7808723

View attachment 7808724

View attachment 7808725

Forum prices are as follows and include vat and only apply to UK orders/deliveries

• Front seat covers pair £410 RRP usually £440
  • Front and rear seat covers £615 (including a free spare wheel cover) RRP usually £660
  • The spare wheel cover £90 RRP usually £99
  • The dashboard cover £150

Colour options are charcoal grey or sand

Please contact Steffi Halm directly when ordering to secure the forum prices.

steffi@melvillandmoon.com
View attachment 7808759
I have wanted these in my Defender for the past 15 years. This discount is the drive needed to purchase for my Grenadier. Now for the colour. Always wanted the 'Sand' colour in my black Defender. I think Sand would be fine in my DG Grenadier too.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have wanted these in my Defender for the past 15 years. This discount is the drive needed to purchase for my Grenadier. Now for the colour. Always wanted the 'Sand' colour in my black Defender. I think Sand would be fine in my DG Grenadier too.
Black with DG ..👍

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm thinking sand colour with Sela Green but would like to see both. Spare wheel would have to be grey/black
I have a green discovery with almond leather and looks OK. So sand with sela green would go.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

By the sound of it, I hope you and I don’t ever park our vehicles next to each other at a supermarket. They are going to look like twins, even down to the seat covers 😂

Local time
Reaction score
Are the interior "sand" photos and the exterior tire cover the same fabric/color? Is this simply a lighting and photography difference?

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I glanced around their website and didn't see this addressed, so does anyone know how the dash cover attaches? I know it can't just be sitting there, can it? 🤔

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score
BTW: Does anyone know companies offering comparable goods such as furniture, luggage and the like? I can just think of Els & Co. but that is far away, from Germany at least.

Local time
Reaction score
Where is the passenger side airbag located in a Grenadier? on my wife LR3 Disco it was on the top of the dash and in a crash anything dash pockets would perform like grapeshot.

jamesdp

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Received my M&M seat covers yesterday in readiness for delivery, whenever that may be, though likely next week according to my dealer. No qualms about recommending any of the Melvill & Moon kit, used the seat covers on defenders in the past, and have and use a variety of their furniture extensively. All great quality.

Note if you're ordering the covers. There are two types, 'regular' and 'premium', the latter having the leather corners on the door side to give some extra protection to the fabric as you slip in and out of the vehicle. The premium must be spec'd in advance and they will make them up for you to order. The 'regular' type can be had off the shelf as it were.

Back
Top Bottom